Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM24 General Discussion

FuddledFox

19 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

btw in case anyone isn't aware if you click on a players personality it'll bring up a dialog explaining what it comprises of,  so for example in my current game I have a player who is 'Unselfish' - clicking on that brings up a dialog box indicating:
* Adaptable
* Capable under pressure
* Calm
* Team player

This can be important because sometimes there might be more facets to a player than a simple couple of words can summarize.

This addition (into FMM23?) was exceeding useful by the way - thanks for adding it in!

8 hours ago, DanEnglish said:

This addition (into FMM23?) was exceeding useful by the way - thanks for adding it in!

Yeah I added it during one of the updates to 23 if I remember right (it all merges in together after a while ;) ).

13 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Yeah I added it during one of the updates to 23 if I remember right (it all merges in together after a while ;) ).

Hello Marc!
Sorry to bother you, but you probably missed my question because it was the last one of the former page.

Could you please tell me if there have been any improvements on the AI trasnfers, so as to keep long-term saves challenging?

3 hours ago, LuMuja said:

Could you please tell me if there have been any improvements on the AI trasnfers, so as to keep long-term saves challenging?

There were various shortlisting changes which should have helped this side of things, as to whether they'll make the saves challenging for an expert player - I'm monitoring feedback presently.

I don't know if this is put here: But when you go from one team to another, in the middle of the season, the statistics of the previous manager remain in the history

Hi guys just started playing again after a few years. What is usually the recommended number of nationality that you can manage? Game can choose up to 5 but if I know I will only be managing clubs in England, is it recommended to just choose England to reduce the game size and loading time? Cheers

55 minutes ago, zxLv said:

Hi guys just started playing again after a few years. What is usually the recommended number of nationality that you can manage? Game can choose up to 5 but if I know I will only be managing clubs in England, is it recommended to just choose England to reduce the game size and loading time? Cheers

Yeah it's 5 buddy, I've got 5 Leagues open this year, Spain, England, France, Holland and N.Ireland. Runs as if I have loaded up, no problems 

Is there a age when I should look to loan out player in the desktop version been told (although not played since young) that under 17/18 there physicals especially and gen attributes develop faster once past that game time is more important an a team with worst coaching and facilities don’t matter as much 

On 05/12/2023 at 14:41, zxLv said:

t if I know I will only be managing clubs in England, is it recommended to just choose England to reduce the game size and loading time? Cheers

You will only manage England clubs, but you will need players from other countries/regions/leagues too. So I don't recommend to pick only one (but you also don't have to pick 5 leagues, of course).

34 minutes ago, Lagom said:

@Marc Vaughan this is a sick, sick game you’re part of…

Hide contents

1ECCB338-39AC-47FA-9F7C-3F4CEB3293EF.thumb.png.1ea84770ec6c2d9d00dcd442c27d0841.png

P.s: any idea why the skin messes up in the League table like that?

Normally if images don't fully display its either because of them them has been deleted (the buttons in the game are often made by tiling images, one for the left, right middle etc.) or because your device is very low on memory and can't load one of the images.

18 hours ago, AlexisH18 said:

Is there any way to edit stats or results using hex? Like for example results and scores of teams or fixture dates that have happened, or remove or add the world cup (this is for fm23). One last thing, is it possible to change scores in a match? Lets say I want Cavani to be the scorer but it was Mata. Is it possible to change this or other stats about matches? Surely they are stored somewhere

Theoretically yes, but practically - no, it'd be a pain in the butt (and you'd have to edit multiple areas to give the full effect - ie. result scorer, then the individual player stats, competition stats etc.).

22 hours ago, YetAnotherDisplayName said:

Is there a age when I should look to loan out player in the desktop version been told (although not played since young) that under 17/18 there physicals especially and gen attributes develop faster once past that game time is more important an a team with worst coaching and facilities don’t matter as much 

A lot depends on the player and circumstances - personally speaking if I have an unprofessional kid then I keep them inhouse and try and reform their character before loading them out (or releasing them if they won't improve) ... determined/professional players I'll loan out at any age, but I do tend to look at the clubs they're going to and try to ensure they've some reasonably professional players if they're really young (just so they don't get badly influenced into going out on the lash etc.).

2 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Normally if images don't fully display its either because of them them has been deleted (the buttons in the game are often made by tiling images, one for the left, right middle etc.) or because your device is very low on memory and can't load one of the images.

I wouldn't imagine it's my phone, so likely a case of deleted images, I remember having the same issue with last year's version, so perhaps something I've done? Would downloading logo packs have any impact?

1 hour ago, Marc Vaughan said:

A lot depends on the player and circumstances - personally speaking if I have an unprofessional kid then I keep them inhouse and try and reform their character before loading them out (or releasing them if they won't improve) ... determined/professional players I'll loan out at any age, but I do tend to look at the clubs they're going to and try to ensure they've some reasonably professional players if they're really young (just so they don't get badly influenced into going out on the lash etc.).

Kinds of what I’ve been doing mentor those with neutral an less personality

Only loan BWMs to whatever club joey Barton’s managing got it 🤪

12 minutes ago, Blitz86 said:

Quagliarella eliminată din joc? Nu am apărut la începutul salvarii mele din Scoția/Anglia 🥺

Fabio Quagliarella retired, the last match in which he played was on June 4, 2023.

16 minutes ago, Bernardht Andy said:

Fabio Quagliarella retired, the last match in which he played was on June 4, 2023.

Heartbreaking, best mentor in the game, GONE

3 hours ago, AlexisH18 said:

Thank you for this. Is there at least a way to edit player game stats? The ones which say how many games they have played

You'd need to use an editor or hex editor and understand enough to find the player data associated with the player, within that there is an ident which indicates the starting location for a players career history data, if you walked that you'd be able to edit their career stats.

As you can hopefully understand its not a simple thing to do - the career data is held as a fixed size linked list (for historic reasons to do with data compression)

Can someone explain to me how to adjust the graphics for FMM24 (kits, logo, face, facegen) 

I use android 14, samsung s21 

I tried everything but it doesn't work. the West Ham logo doesn't work, a lot of the club jerseys are not right. 

Screenshot_20231208_235736_FM24 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20231208_235505_FM24 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20231208_235456_FM24 Mobile.jpg

About player photos & club logos etc, I understood that we don't have it right away in the original app because of licensing/legal issues.

So, are those facepacks/logos offered in many forums legal to be used in our game? If they are, then why doesn't SI just put those in the official update, so we can finally have "full" version of the game from the official route?

TYIA 🙏

Edited by Blancos
On 13/12/2023 at 04:44, Blancos said:

About player photos & club logos etc, I understood that we don't have it right away in the original app because of licensing/legal issues.

So, are those facepacks/logos offered in many forums legal to be used in our game? If they are, then why doesn't SI just put those in the official update, so we can finally have "full" version of the game from the official route?

TYIA 🙏

My understanding is that SI only have rights to certain player photos and logos, so that's all they are allowed to include in the game. Sometimes they add some player photos later because they missed getting the photos in time to include them, but generally speaking whatever is in a certain version is what we get until next year (when maybe the rights will be the exactly same or maybe they will have changed).

Of course fans don't like logos and faces missing, so some of them create the player photo / logo packs you've seen around the place. There used to be some here, but Vibe stopped offering them a few years ago because there is the possibility that the various rights holders will take legal action against those distributing these packs etc. 

How much legal risk is there?

• For SI Games, it's quite a lot. If they included player faces or logos in the game that they didn't have rights to they'd be painting a great big "Sue Us" target on their backs.
  • For forums like Vibe it's more of a medium risk - they could face legal action from the various rights holders for distributing these packs but not to the same level as SI Games.
  • For individuals using them, it's probably not much risk. It's unlikely rights holders will be going around trying to track down individual users (and it's not even certain that they could be in trouble for using it). I guess it's like if a pub shows a football game it shouldn't - the pub gets in trouble, but not the individuals who turned up that night.

Of course I am not a lawyer and could be wrong, so don't take that as advice or anything.

Anyway, the TLDR of that is SI won't be adding them into the game... 

Edited by Scratch
4 hours ago, Scratch said:

There used to be some here, but Vibe stopped offering them a few years ago because there is the possibility that the various rights holders will take legal action against those distributing these packs etc. 

So, basically, you wanna say, that every the likes of facepacks, club logos, renames, etc, in every FM forums, that's not come from SI themselves, are illegal?

4 hours ago, Scratch said:

For individuals using them, it's probably not much risk. It's unlikely rights holders will be going around trying to track down individual users (and it's not even certain that they could be in trouble for using it). I guess it's like if a pub shows a football game it shouldn't - the pub gets in trouble, but not the individuals who turned up that night.

It's not that I'm afraid of the risk. I'm just trying to honor the intellectual prop owners (I won't like it if someone pirated my ip, so I wouldn't do that to others). And from what I see, there are some complicated ways to get those "add-ons". If they are illegal, I won't bother to try those ways. Those are my reasons.