Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Gatekeeping has gone too far 🥲

I understand why some people wanna keep tactics to themselves but it's starting to become so closed up this doesn't feel like a community anymore. Every time I see challenges, careers etc you all don't even share any details. Results and just tell us to go play!

But some of us can't play long hours cause of work 🥲. Where are all the ogs that used to at least details/ideas of what their tactics compose of 🥲. You don't need to outright show us but at least tell us a jist so we can try tinkering and figuring like a puzzle. Seriously not joking when I say Black Hawks and Franky's Tactics are the only ones I've experimented with. Can we all stop gatekeeping so much?? Let's be a community again, please 🙏.

Posted (edited)

Shared Tactics - I was under the impression that there are a LOT of tactics on the tactics hub. I count 76 there for FMM24 right now. That’s quite a lot.

Not Shared Tactics - Then there’s a few Vibers out there really pushing the boundaries of what the game (or they) finds possible. I can think of less than half-a-dozen (so <6) who choose not to share tactics anymore. Let’s double / treble that and say 10-15.

Comparison - So the majority (80-90%?) are being shared and a minority (10-20% - mainly challenge attempters) no longer share. 

Further Questions - Is that such a big problem? Is that different from past years? Certainly I never shared tactics before FMM21/22. Are we forcing Vibers to share their tactics, or are they allowed free choice? 🙂 

Personally - you can see my two tactics here - with the attacking one having 5 variants inside it (a 5-in-1 🔥).

Thoughts everyone? 🙂

PS. If you have a specific problem / challenge / club that you’re trying to master - post it as a new thread asking for help + likely the community will help indeed 👍 

Edited by DanEnglish

I like people sharing how they do things and I have shared my tactics before - such as the TT Blaster (which I am still using variations of) - but I totally understand why someone wouldn't share their tactic, especially if they are doing things like 3KCs or other game-breaking things.  

Breaking the game is never just about the tactic (hasn't been the case for many many years now). You have to find the right players, build a super strength squad, keep moral high, sort out the dynamics of the squad, mentor the heck out the players etc, etc, etc. Yet many people see someone achieve insane things and think "Oooh, I can do that do if only I can get the tactic". 

That leads to a situation where you do something great, based on years and years of experience and knowing the game inside out, then people ask you for the tactic and if you share it, all of a sudden you get people saying "The tactic doesn't work for me"!

Best case: you have to try to help them do all the other things needed to make it work (which is never "do this one thing", it's generally a lot). Worst case: You get people outright calling you a liar or a cheater or hassling you in DMs, etc. Either way, it's generally just not worth sharing the tactic in the first place, it's too much hassle.

In my case, I've had people straight up say I must be cheating to have done a 3KC etc. Not the people here who saw me start off 7 years ago by scraping through to a 1KC over 22 seasons, then slowly increase the target every year (and seen me fail miserably on some occasions too!). But others who come in at the end and just see me getting a player to 3K goals. And fair enough, I probably would think the same thing if I hadn't been through that journey myself.

But... that sort of thing certainly makes you think twice about sharing the tactic, because you are just setting yourself up for criticism when others can't get the same results. 

Completely agree with scratch here. People spend alot of time and effort in doing these tactics, just doesn't come over night. Been playing FM, Jesus since 15 ish, I find the game incredibly easy, maybe I've spent to some time on it haha its really NOT hard to make your own tactic, get the right players, and off you go. People just want it on a plate and it doesn't work like that. The lads that do these 3ks etc have spent hours tweaking etc so their right for NOT sharing. You can get the gist of we manage to do it. I've give you a tester, 4321 is a good one to start with. 3cms, 2 either IFs or Wingers and either a AF or a TM up front. In the middle have 2 CMs either side, with a AP in the middle. Can even have 2 cms and 1 AM eg a SS or a AP. Then get the right player for each position and rotate. Really isn't rocket science 😕 😒 🙄 

2 hours ago, Scratch said:

I like people sharing how they do things and I have shared my tactics before - such as the TT Blaster (which I am still using variations of) - but I totally understand why someone wouldn't share their tactic, especially if they are doing things like 3KCs or other game-breaking things.  

Breaking the game is never just about the tactic (hasn't been the case for many many years now). You have to find the right players, build a super strength squad, keep moral high, sort out the dynamics of the squad, mentor the heck out the players etc, etc, etc. Yet many people see someone achieve insane things and think "Oooh, I can do that do if only I can get the tactic". 

That leads to a situation where you do something great, based on years and years of experience and knowing the game inside out, then people ask you for the tactic and if you share it, all of a sudden you get people saying "The tactic doesn't work for me"!

Best case: you have to try to help them do all the other things needed to make it work (which is never "do this one thing", it's generally a lot). Worst case: You get people outright calling you a liar or a cheater or hassling you in DMs, etc. Either way, it's generally just not worth sharing the tactic in the first place, it's too much hassle.

In my case, I've had people straight up say I must be cheating to have done a 3KC etc. Not the people here who saw me start off 7 years ago by scraping through to a 1KC over 22 seasons, then slowly increase the target every year (and seen me fail miserably on some occasions too!). But others who come in at the end and just see me getting a player to 3K goals. And fair enough, I probably would think the same thing if I hadn't been through that journey myself.

But... that sort of thing certainly makes you think twice about sharing the tactic, because you are just setting yourself up for criticism when others can't get the same results. 

^^ This ^^ 👌

Apologies, i think my message has come off as me wanting tactics on a plate 😅. I meant more as to people not sharing their experiences for why they shared said tactics or what works or doesn't and the nuances of the game under which they created said tactic. They just post results and it confuses me a lot cause it's not working for me and I look at my teams vs what they seemed to have built without having any explanation. I know it will not be 100% same.

I apologise if anyone here is doing Challenges that are game break and not sharing any info. That's so understand. I know you no cheater and take years. I talking about the tactics already here that was posted by people doing or have done careers, challenges etc.

I genuinely apologize if I made anyone feel that I'm trying to force them to come out with their no-shared ideas. That was not what I meant. The game breakers like @Scratch and @DanEnglish are justified to keep their tactics and plans to themselves. I completely agree with their messages.

Maybe I'm just bad at looking at a tactic and not figuring the obvious signs. I was referring to the seemingly gate keeping of process by people who already shared tactic. So sorry guys. Hope I didn't make any feel bad 🙏

5 hours ago, leedsunited87 said:

Completely agree with scratch here. People spend alot of time and effort in doing these tactics, just doesn't come over night. Been playing FM, Jesus since 15 ish, I find the game incredibly easy, maybe I've spent to some time on it haha its really NOT hard to make your own tactic, get the right players, and off you go. People just want it on a plate and it doesn't work like that. The lads that do these 3ks etc have spent hours tweaking etc so their right for NOT sharing. You can get the gist of we manage to do it. I've give you a tester, 4321 is a good one to start with. 3cms, 2 either IFs or Wingers and either a AF or a TM up front. In the middle have 2 CMs either side, with a AP in the middle. Can even have 2 cms and 1 AM eg a SS or a AP. Then get the right player for each position and rotate. Really isn't rocket science 😕 😒 🙄 

Sorry brother, i did not mean to go after the no-sharers of Careers and challenges. I explain in above msg.

But also, I'm confused brother. How did you make an AM also an SS or AP. I thought we can train only one role.

1 hour ago, KickbackFootball said:

Sorry brother, i did not mean to go after the no-sharers of Careers and challenges. I explain in above msg.

But also, I'm confused brother. How did you make an AM also an SS or AP. I thought we can train only one role.

It's a abbreviation buddy AM (Attacking midfield can be 1 of 4 roles) SS or AP is your best bet, just behind the strikers 

Posted (edited)

@KickbackFootball - great reply 👍 thanks for clarifying that.

Seems you’re frustrated, and understandably so. There are a lot of tactics available, posting great results, but would be difficult to replicate without the ‘other bits’ (right players, right in-match tweaks, morale building) etc.

In defense of the Vibers who do NOT share extra details of how or why their tactic works - I’d say some don’t know (they’ve just kept tweaking until they found something that worked) …

or because it’s just SOOOOO time consuming to do it. Two personal examples:

• I posted my ‘attacking 4213’ tactic - and have had so many questions about ‘what about this role?’, ‘what attributes?’, ‘what about against an opposition XYZ formation?’ etc … I ended up writing this in to the main post, but it took me AGES (a long time)
  • I posted a ‘tactics testing’ thread about 1-2 years ago, testing popular tactics + explaining how/why they work. Again - that took AGES and I just don’t have the energy to do it again

Sure it would be great if people could add more detail about their tactics. But each detail they add takes time. And if you add a lot of detail, it takes a LOT of time. 

Suggestions welcomed 🙂 

Edited by DanEnglish
11 hours ago, DanEnglish said:

@KickbackFootball - great reply 👍 thanks for clarifying that.

Seems you’re frustrated, and understandably so. There are a lot of tactics available, posting great results, but would be difficult to replicate without the ‘other bits’ (right players, right in-match tweaks, morale building) etc.

In defense of the Vibers who do NOT share extra details of how or why their tactic works - I’d say some don’t know (they’ve just kept tweaking until they found something that worked) …

or because it’s just SOOOOO time consuming to do it. Two personal examples:

• I posted my ‘attacking 4213’ tactic - and have had so many questions about ‘what about this role?’, ‘what attributes?’, ‘what about against an opposition XYZ formation?’ etc … I ended up writing this in to the main post, but it took me AGES (a long time)
  • I posted a ‘tactics testing’ thread about 1-2 years ago, testing popular tactics + explaining how/why they work. Again - that took AGES and I just don’t have the energy to do it again

Sure it would be great if people could add more detail about their tactics. But each detail they add takes time. And if you add a lot of detail, it takes a LOT of time. 

Suggestions welcomed 🙂 

I understand your explanation. I did not realise or see it in that way before. What you said makes sense, thank you ☺️.

19 hours ago, leedsunited87 said:

It's a abbreviation buddy AM (Attacking midfield can be 1 of 4 roles) SS or AP is your best bet, just behind the strikers 

Oh ok. Sorry my first language is not English so sometimes I misunderstand sentences hahaha 💀. Now I realise what you mean. Shame on me 😂.

On 24/03/2024 at 02:01, KickbackFootball said:

Apologies, i think my message has come off as me wanting tactics on a plate 😅. I meant more as to people not sharing their experiences for why they shared said tactics or what works or doesn't and the nuances of the game under which they created said tactic. They just post results and it confuses me a lot cause it's not working for me and I look at my teams vs what they seemed to have built without having any explanation. I know it will not be 100% same.

I apologise if anyone here is doing Challenges that are game break and not sharing any info. That's so understand. I know you no cheater and take years. I talking about the tactics already here that was posted by people doing or have done careers, challenges etc.

I genuinely apologize if I made anyone feel that I'm trying to force them to come out with their no-shared ideas. That was not what I meant. The game breakers like @Scratch and @DanEnglish are justified to keep their tactics and plans to themselves. I completely agree with their messages.

Maybe I'm just bad at looking at a tactic and not figuring the obvious signs. I was referring to the seemingly gate keeping of process by people who already shared tactic. So sorry guys. Hope I didn't make any feel bad 🙏

Actually, I didn't even talk about the 'tactics on a plate' crowd - that sure gets tiring as well. I mean I do understand some people are just playing in limited spare time and don't have the time to spend working everything out, but it just gets tiring when people ask over and over for your tactics.

You're sort of damned if you do (because people can't get them to work the same) and damned if you don't (because people keep asking for them). 🙂

Note: I'm talking in general here and with my previous response. Personally I do share a lot about what I'm doing and how I get it to work, but I do so in my career writeups. There's not much I keep secret. But I totally understand when people decide not to share their tactics.

I will say Dan is right when he says it takes a lot of time, which is one of the reasons I don't write up my careers much over the last couple of years (the other reason being I can't seem to play more than a couple of seasons before getting bored and abandoning it). 

Anyway, no harm done with expressing frustration, you've done it in a very good way (not everyone is as nice as you about it! 😀).

I understand these problems of many creators on here and I do understand that it is tiring. For example when u see me ask for help on tactics or whatever, I ask beacuse of the little time that I have to play the game. If I dont get a response i know it is because u guys are busy and I dont bother u. Not many people are out there to help with teaching the side of creating tactics but I do understand it takes a lot of time to help others.

8 minutes ago, leedsunited87 said:

Can be done, with the correct tactic, not all about goals 

Screenshot_20240329_220514_FM24 Mobile.jpg

WRONG!!!!

It's all about the goals, my friend! 😂

1 minute ago, Dai_ said:

WRONG!!!!

It's all about the goals, my friend! 😂

Haha, I'm a defensive type of guy lol 😆 😂 🤣 scored 34 lmao says it all 😄 

16 minutes ago, leedsunited87 said:

Can be done, with the correct tactic, not all about goals 

Screenshot_20240329_220514_FM24 Mobile.jpg

So sorry but what are you replying to cause I'm so confused by your msg about Goals 😅. But great great results so far👍. Impressive you did only 34 goals but still leading the table. 👍

39 minutes ago, KickbackFootball said:

So sorry but what are you replying to cause I'm so confused by your msg about Goals 😅. But great great results so far👍. Impressive you did only 34 goals but still leading the table. 👍

I'm a legend mate lol 😆 😂 😎 shows you can do tactics buddy, takes time and effort 👌 💪 

2 hours ago, KickbackFootball said:

We're just trying to show you my friend, that you don't need lots of goals to win the league. Think now I've scored 46 in 30 games. Does it matter? Not really I'm going to win the league. 

1 minute ago, leedsunited87 said:

We're just trying to show you my friend, that you don't need lots of goals to win the league. Think now I've scored 46 in 30 games. Does it matter? Not really I'm going to win the league. 

Screenshot_20240330_010006_FM24 Mobile.jpg

6 hours ago, leedsunited87 said:

Oh ok. Got it 👍. I thought I mentioned something but missed it in the chat earlier 😂.

Great results. That's impressive to have conceded only 11. 

27 minutes ago, KickbackFootball said:

Oh ok. Got it 👍. I thought I mentioned something but missed it in the chat earlier 😂.

Great results. That's impressive to have conceded only 11. 

Cheers buddy, took me ages to get the right fit (have plenty time at work to mess about) haha but well worth the many hours tweaking etc 

Honestly someone on here sent me atactic i should try out and ive even found the tactic itself on here as well and its working well for me. Even though I dont win every game i had a thrilling title race in serie b and I won the title on the last day with brescia. I also think its not only about tactics but also about team talks etc to make ur team successful. Also i would strongly recommend the use of the assistant manager app if u struggle for signings.