Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic The official WWE thread

JeffreyA

It was decent! The Cena Henry match and Axel Miz were meh. The rest of the matches were good though. However, the all stars match was slightly disappointing compared with the hype it had..

Did you see my tweet? :D

Probably but wouldnt have realised was you! Haha yeah I thought Cena Henry was terrible, i like the Miz so enjoyed that. Im just glad Randy won. Sandow though?? Raw on Monday was great, glad Zigler has finally ditched the crazy one!

I've recently started watching WWE just whenever it happens to be on and I've nothin to do. I watched from before the attitude era to just after it ended and how it is now doesn't compare to how it was. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed watching it recently it is quite entertaining. But if you like it now you would have loved watching it every weekend during the AE.

Personally, I think WWE has become shit since 05 - present

There's no variety anymore imo, there's no stories worth following; it's purely just random 1v1 matches.

Have you been watching it week In week out recently? Most wrestlers are in feuds with a few wrestlers involved.

There's no variety anymore imo, there's no stories worth following; it's purely just random 1v1 matches.

Have you been watching it week In week out recently? Most wrestlers are in feuds with a few wrestlers involved.

Well I was being a bit harsh, bit it'll never be as good as it used to.

Lucky mate!

Did you enjoy Raw and Smackdown? :D

Indeed! Had some great twists, easily the best "sporting" events ive been to!

Well I was being a bit harsh, bit it'll never be as good as it used to.

Main matches of late have been 6 man tag and handicap, even the divas division is slightly entertaining!

Anyways im going to New Orleans! Not sure how im gonna afford it though!

Hey guys, big WWE and pro wrestling fan in general here..

Must say I returned to watching the WWE this year and it's safe to say things are improving

The current corporation storyline is good and I look forward to see what happens in the upcoming weeks..maybe a Vince McMahon return??

I agree Dan, I've been watching it since the day after wrestle mania! I used to watch it years ago, but I stopped! The authority story line is good yes, and I'm so glad they've stopped with Bryan vs Orton/HHH. That was such a stale story line wiry the same things happening every week.

I agree Dan, I've been watching it since the day after wrestle mania! I used to watch it years ago, but I stopped! The authority story line is good yes, and I'm so glad they've stopped with Bryan vs Orton/HHH. That was such a stale story line wiry the same things happening every week.

I've started watching again about 6 -10 weeks ago, and I was surprised the Bryan-Orton fued came to an abrupt end. Tho I agree it was getting stale, and I love seeing BS get quality air time.

I agree Leroy, but I was glad it came to an abrupt end as they'd have to keep dragging it on to slowly die it out :( but to be fair, the Big Show storyline feud was running parallel with it, so I suppose that led to it.

Has it definately come to an end tho? I could see either BS losing at SS (hope not) and Bryan getting another shot. Or, BS wins and the Bryan still wants a shot at it. Either way, we all know that The Rock needs to come back and show everyone who the boss is.

i think the mew punk/bryan story will lead to one of them screwing the other one in time for wrestlemania season.

First wrestling I watched was this years WM and been hooked since! Its my girlfriends fault!

Guys, for all of our FM/FMH saves.. listen to this song (Yes it is the one that DX mocked in 06) and aspire to be like this with your clubs and everything will be fine!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K2smYpWV0E

Good to see you guys enjoying WWE recently, does anybody watch TNA? If so, it's hard to judge recently. Obviously, overall the past 3 years have been disastrous but in recent episodes I have seen, ironically since Hulk Hogan has left which is a shame because I love the guy, argubably we wouldn't all love Wrestling/WWE etc. today if he didn't lift the WWF up in their national rising from the territories system  - people claim he 'ruined' TNA but I think it is ignorant to say that - he didn't have FULL creative and booking control. 

If any of you have lost faith in TNA then I offer you guys to watch the past two shows, its not BRILLIANT but it's better and is pretty much an alternative if your getting bored of the WWE. Edgier product with some of the matches that the 'Wheel of Dixie' offers.

Guys, for all of our FM/FMH saves.. listen to this song (Yes it is the one that DX mocked in 06) and aspire to be like this with your clubs and everything will be fine!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K2smYpWV0E

Good to see you guys enjoying WWE recently, does anybody watch TNA? If so, it's hard to judge recently. Obviously, overall the past 3 years have been disastrous but in recent episodes I have seen, ironically since Hulk Hogan has left which is a shame because I love the guy, argubably we wouldn't all love Wrestling/WWE etc. today if he didn't lift the WWF up in their national rising from the territories system  - people claim he 'ruined' TNA but I think it is ignorant to say that - he didn't have FULL creative and booking control. 

If any of you have lost faith in TNA then I offer you guys to watch the past two shows, its not BRILLIANT but it's better and is pretty much an alternative if your getting bored of the WWE. Edgier product with some of the matches that the 'Wheel of Dixie' offers.

Watched tna for a bit, but couldnt get into it, i think what I love about wwe is the live aspect, adds to realism.

What I will say is the quicker the wwe signs up Magnus, the better!

I like Magnus too, would be great if he was used right by the WWE :)

Here was my view when a friend asked me on who the next stars will be:

Antonio Cesaro is certainly one that I would LOVE to be a top guy. The guy is one hell of a talent, quite a unique move set with him emphasizing athleticism with a lot of them and easily could get over with the right exposure with promos etc.

Bray Wyatt is another one I would like to see make it to the top. Very fresh and interesting gimmick and is quite a good worker for his size and just equally as good on-mic. Luke Harper does also have potential too, but he needs to be used correctly with good booking.

I think that Cody Rhodes will have a late growth in popularity too, and if I was on the creative team I would plan a heel-turn from his brother Goldust early next year for a WrestleMania feud - that would be great exposure for not just Cody - but his brother too. A very under-rated talent that has looked great since returning.

Dean Ambrose has a great internet following and a good in-ring worker at that, from what I've seen on mic he looks quite solid and arguably just needs a shield break-up to venture on as a singles competitor and I have no doubt he will be a future World Champion.

If Big E Langston can go one better than Ahmed Johnson and get over with the crowd, i'm sure he will be succsesful too despite not being fantastic in-ring but not too bad either. The Intercontinental Championship win at RAW is a great starting-point for future success.

Whilst we have NXT which look to be moulding some great talent into future stars however it is pivotal they need to be equipped with the skills to be successful and marketable on TELEVISION in order to be top guys. It was nice to see Xavier Woods debut last night, I was a fan of his work in TNA whilst teaming with Jay Lethal. 

On the divas front, AJ Lee will be around in those 5/6 years and has good talent and possess a unique and fresh gimmick that has been thus far successful. Whilst NXT have a huge future divas talent in Paige who looks like she could be the next break-out star and leader of the Divas division that isn't exactly strong at the moment and lacks talent like hers.

Overall though, the future looks bright for the WWE as investing in the NXT facilities and performance center will be a saving grace for the future as I believe they could have a very strong roster in that amount of years time and will as I said in a previous question be the ultimate, out-right leaders of Sports Entertainment. It is just up to the Creative to turn these future SUPERSTARS into TOP GUYS/GIRLS.

Also, some additional ones:

With Rybacks heel turn being pretty much unsuccessful and a need to add more heels onto the turn, I think Miz can play up to that role 2011 was when I took a break from Wrestling but that wasn't because of The Miz being a top guy and being in one of the main feuds at the time. Quite unlucky that buyrates went down with him at the time because I thought he was awesome on-mic
oh and Ambroses shield buddies will be great too, I think Reigns will be fine however he needs to add more moves to his repertoire as from what i've seen, his moveset looks limited. Certainly has the look though n has looked decent talking in their interviews/segments. Rollins has great wrestling ability but that counts for nothing if he isn't marketable which will undoubtedly be his goal.

Oh and Dolph Ziggler but his fanboys need to accept the fact despite a big sort of push before (I believe.. that's what i've heard) he failed to get over with the fans. Think it's unfair of WWE to de-push him but he's gotta show the drive to get up the ladder. Quite an exciting talent for the future.

Agree with all of that, really excited for Paige to debut. Loved Big. E getting the win last night.

Cool stat, Dean Ambrose is now the longest reigning champ in WWE. Expect him to drop it at TLC.

And Reys back! Was expecting something along these lines, great way to end the show!

I agree Nairb! can't wait for it in more ways than one ;) (Paige's debut)

I hope Big E can become the first real black babyface, it would be good and would probably strengthen WWE's image too, with racial rights or whatever.

I think Ambrose will lose it too!

Only concern at the moment is the upcoming Survivor Series PPV..not many matches booked (the ones that are booked are good) just the fact that it's one of the traditional 4 but on hindsight, it gives SmackDown a chance to possibly even announce one or two other matches and gain exposure.

Survivor Series tonight, cant wait!

My predictions...

Kofi Kingston v The Miz - Miz via dq

Big E Langston v Curtis Axel - Big E quickly

Divas Tag - Total Divas

Superstars Tag - The face team (shield to show more tension after, Cesaro to gian swing Rey)

Punk/Bryan v Wyatts - Wyatts after help from Bray ("the devil" to be revealed tonight)

Cena v Del Rio - Cena

Show v Orton - Show