Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

If Pardew leaves for Palace (looking likely) that's a d*** move from him. Yeah the fans gave him some stick which shouldn't happen except in extreme cases. But Ashley gave him a ten year deal and stuck by him through their slump. To jump ship is bad, but to do it when the owner is on holiday, not even facing him personally about it, is just low.

Sounds like Pardew then, some of the stories about him are shocking and funny tbh.

Anyone else think Monk was harsh on Shelvey? Maybe I'm biased as I rate the lad and I was disappointed he left but Monks comments are extremely harsh and personal IMO, if my manager said that about me I'd tell him where to go tbh.

It doesn't sound right, but then again I'm sure Shelvey does have done attitude problems. It just doesn't make sense that Bren let go of such a talent. He didn't leave on good terms either. I'm sure there's something in it.

He demanded the move as he wasn't guaranteed playing time I believe, I think we tried to loan him but he wanted a full move, not 100% sure though.

Then that's the attitude problem I was talking about lol. No player, let alone someone in their early 20's should assume guaranteed minutes.

There was something else tho, the West Ham game in the season before he left was te start of it all and he had some choice words for BR

Maybe Monk has a point after what he's just done! Monk makes a point of it yesterday they Shelvey does that tonight, odds on him being sold in January?

Any chance of Tony Popovic getting the Crystal Palace job? I've seen him linked with it in Australia (but I saw that when Pulis left too, I don't trust the media)

I hope he doesn't, as his team the Wanderers haven't won in their first 10 games this season (not that that would recommend him) so he needs to stay and rebuild. But there's not much chance right? It's a big step up from Australia to England and I doubt they'd take the risk.

Just seen Gerrard's announcement, i feel numb, sick and gutted :. I knew the day would come in the end but i can't believe it has, absolutely gutted to think about it :(.

One part of me wants to wish him all the best. He deserves a few more years of being the top guy and getting all the attention. Not I mention the money and fame he'll get. Nobody deserves it more.

Another part of me wants us to win the PL next year so bad just to teach him for leaving us.

I thought I'd be gutted when he retires, but this softens it a bit.

I have a question about TV-what Premier League and Champions League games are shown on TV in Britain? How many are live and how many on free to air?

Just trying to get a comparison with Australian TV.

Premier league - none are free to air apart from MOTD/highlights at night. BT have the early KO and Sky have two Sunday games and the evening KO (most the time). 3pm games can not be shown in England.

CL - Sky have them all but one match over the two day match days is on normal TV.

Premier league - none are free to air apart from MOTD/highlights at night. BT have the early KO and Sky have two Sunday games and the evening KO (most the time). 3pm games can not be shown in England.

CL - Sky have them all but one match over the two day match days is on normal TV.

Wow, in Australia we get all games live (but none free), plus one Champions League game live per matchday (of course they're all at ridiculous hours apart from the early CL games at 6:30 am). As for the A-League, there's one free to air game live then all others on pay TV. Any reason why some games aren't shown? To keep high attendances maybe?

Yeah, we can't have the 3pm games as they think it will effect all attendances, especially in the lower leagues. The rule is no games can be shown from 3 till 5.10 or something like that, so when Barca played Madrid in the early KO the other month they started showing the match after the time limit so we missed the first 15mins or something, can't really remember.

All England WC/Euros games have to be on free Tv but friendlies and qualifiers (I think) don't have to be, we get a decent amount of free footy though as ITV have one CL game, two Europa league games, some England matches and they're also showing all of the ACONs on their smaller channel (ITV4), I have no idea if the Asian Cup is getting any love over here though, maybe on sky but I haven't looked. The English cup finals and some of the early rounds are also on normal TV actually.

Then we have highlight shows for English leagues (PL to L2 I think) and cups plus the CL and the German League, I think that's all.

Might not be 100% right but it's close, it's hard to remember it all haha.

BT are continuously buying more matches and there'll be a point where they have the most. I agree on one hand, BT is english and SKY is American so an English company should have the most. It's just annoying as I'm a long time sky customer and I'm fed up of only having access to certain matches despite the small fortune I pay monthly.

Also, a year or so ago BT bought the rights to CL football iirc and I believe that will come I to effect for the start of the next season.

I know, it's a nightmare having to have two! I was thinking the other day, remember when matches were on box office? At least that stopped!

Did ITV manage to keep theirs in the end? Or are BT showing some for free? I remember something being said about that thinking about it, tbh it's not something I follow as we have to have whatever it is that's needed anyway lol

When I originally heard of it I knew BT were gonna do some free games, including the final, but not necessarily english games. I don't think itv are gonna have any CL games when it happens.

As long as some are free and it means we don't have to put up with Owen or the terrible Townsend it'll be worth it! God I hate those commentators! ITV is just awful in general though, it's no shock that BBC batter them when the matches are on both!

I think BT have more football on now anyway with Serie A, Italian Cup, Bundesliga, German Cup, Premier league early kickoffs (and some lates), FA cup ties and Europa league as well.

I don't know what the deal with the Champions League is they spent over £900 million to get the rights they have gotten now though which is ridiculous and tbh I don't know what they would drop to put it on.

I was talking about english football anyway, I haven't paid attention to what else they stick on.

I looked it up after we spoke about it originally, and yeah, BT exclusively have rights to the CL. What happened to the days when all football was on free tv? Talk to any of the older generations about the way it's gone and they're disgusted.