Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

1 minute ago, Rich said:

I would take Origi all day, I think he’d be a really good signing for us. Knows the league and he impresses me when I see him. Especially as he would get a run of games, I read that he wouldn’t be expensive as his wages are high, which wouldn’t be a problem for us.

He's our only back up ATM with two years on his contract (we've option to extend it at end of season until next year iirc) so he won't be going anywhere cheaply this window. 

If we sold him we'd have Minamino and Jota as our only attackers in the squad. 

3 minutes ago, Ashez said:

He's our only back up ATM with two years on his contract (we've option to extend it at end of season until next year iirc) so he won't be going anywhere cheaply this window. 

If we sold him we'd have Minamino and Jota as our only attackers in the squad. 

I wonder how much you’d take for him. We were linked with that Diaz you’re getting, he looks a real good player. Premier league is getting stronger and stronger!

@Ashez am I wrong in thinking Origi is out of contract in the summer? 

Origi is who I want in. Been saying it for a while, he's a massive impact sub for you'd and the lad knows where the net Is.

Salah is away at Afcon so I don't think Liverpool sell him unless they sign a striker themselves 

5 minutes ago, Rich said:

I wonder how much you’d take for him. We were linked with that Diaz you’re getting, he looks a real good player. Premier league is getting stronger and stronger!

Just seen we'd take around £10m for Origi, surely not! 15-20m was the figure thrown around in the summer, which I thought was fair. Howe does usually love throwing daft money at our reserves though 😂

Dunno what I think about the Diaz links, can't say I believe them ATM or for it to happen in January at least. Seems alot of money but we do need to start thinking about rebuilding this team as the midfield and attack especially are getting to that awkward age. 

Just now, AdamNufc said:

@Ashez am I wrong in thinking Origi is out of contract in the summer? 

Origi is who I want in. Been saying it for a while, he's a massive impact sub for you'd and the lad knows where the net Is.

Salah is away at Afcon so I don't think Liverpool sell him unless they sign a striker themselves 

It is but we have an option to extend it another year which everyone believed was a formality. He said recently he was happy to stay and Klopp is always praising him. He's the only out and out striker in the squad. 

We've been short up top all season, allowing him to go without a replacement would be madness. Yet we did the same thing with Gini and Lovren. That's what makes me question the Diaz rumours as we're so bloody tight money wise. I know we do splash big like we did on Konate but that was a year late and we also needed a CM and striker. 

I was saying to @samhardythe other day I am worried about where our squad is heading ATM. 

The front three are approaching 30, Salah's contract is running down and the other two are patchy with form atm. Outside of Jota we have no guaranteed starter in reserve with Origi not really our style and Minamino being hit and miss. 

In midfield Henderson is aging on a bumper contract, Milner is 36 and I expect leaving, Thiago is aging and made of glass then Oxlade and Nabby's contracts are running out in a couple months iirc. So we've Fabinho, Jones and Elliot. Why the hell didn't we replace Gini and bed someone in now 😭

We've spent here and there since winning the CL/League yet we're approaching one hell of a rebuild and the stuttering since the success means we're going to have to do alot in one go, which seems mental since we've not wanted to spend as we go.

It's not like we have anyone to sell to bring in a big fee either, I'm not against breaking up the current front three but Mane or Firmino won't bring in silly money and then we'd have to spend stupider money to replace them. Salah is in his final year come the summer, I think he'll sign a new deal but if he doesn't going on a free would be horrendous but even fee wise it would be a fraction of what he's worth as who could afford him in the current climate who we'd sell him to? Madrid have better options in Haaland and Mbappe on a free and Barca are skint. 

I'm so grateful for everything this team has delivered but I'm terrified it'll stagnate I won't lie, especially with Edwards also leaving soon. 

@Ashez How good is Edwards? He's been linked with Real Madrid and ourselves for the DoF role but I do think it looks like Brighton's Dan Ashworth will join us.

I've saw that the fee is round about £7m we will try to test yous with but I think that will be rejected.

Local Journalist here is saying Man U aren't wanting to let players go to keep bodies due to covid but we will try and get Martial on Loan 

You just have to look at who Edwards bought and sold to see how important he's been @AdamNufc, he's brought in players who took us to titles while sold dross for sizeable fees to fund it. 

https://www.sportbible.com/football/football-news-transfers-take-a-bow-liverpools-transfer-business-since-edwards-became-sporting-director-20200917

Alisson, VVD, Matip, Robertson, Fabinho, Gini, Salah and Mane were all under him. 

The difference in our recruitment before he arrived and after is night and day. He won't be bullied, he finds undervalued players and he has a price in mind. Who else was sniffing around Fabinho? Konate looks a steal too! 

I don't want to under sell Klopp as obviously he's done wonders but Edwards delivered the squad, he found the players to take us to the next level.

I remember seeing a thread ages ago online about Jota and Mane's numbers basically being identical in alot of places before they came to Liverpool, and how they thought Mane could/should step up in a better team. Jota's were in line with Mane's Southampton stats so we signed him thinking he could follow the same path which he has. Personally I wanted Mane from Southampton as he looked class and is my style of player, Jota however I was unsure of but he's spoken for himself. Now Bowen from West Ham is apparently in a similar ball park to how those two were doing which is why he's on our radar. If you offered me Bowen or even Jota I'm not sure I'd take it, but if you told me Edwards wanted them I'd be behind it, he's hardly had a flop and every signing has been for a reason and improved us. 

Even the odd signings seems to work out like buying Gini to play exclusively as a CM, or thinking Salah who'd struggled before was the answer to our problems. I rated Robertson at Hull but I didn't think he'd become on the best LBs in the world and he cost what £10m. That's what I love as he found a fair few bargains like Robbo, Shaqiri, Minamino and Matip to round out the squad. 

The big question marks would likely be around Oxlade and Nabby as big fees and both have only been decent. Oxlade we likely should have been smarter as he'd had injury issues but I think we've been unlucky in regards to Keita. I think both have shown why we signed them but they've just not been fit enough to be able to do it consistently, in flashes Nabby looks like a world beater but he just can't stay fit.

Screenshot_20220106-185057__01.thumb.jpg.733b54b007805d675681d87d9a7681c9.jpg

You'd reckon it's down to Nufc & Villa.

Everything is pointing towards him signing for Villa but there's some talk of Villa not able to match his wages, which we will apparently do.

One to Watch 

2 hours ago, AdamNufc said:

Screenshot_20220106-185057__01.thumb.jpg.733b54b007805d675681d87d9a7681c9.jpg

You'd reckon it's down to Nufc & Villa.

Everything is pointing towards him signing for Villa but there's some talk of Villa not able to match his wages, which we will apparently do.

One to Watch 

20220106_213919.thumb.jpg.32071d99fa7e95936766d9c0bf01b7f5.jpg

A good fake that right......Right? 😂

Kieran Trippier confirmed, looking forward to his first interview to see what he has to say. I’m sure we will hear about another playing over the weekend. I hope it’s not Cantwell though, unless Howe somehow gets something out of him, but he doesn’t seem up for a battle IMO.

9 minutes ago, Rich said:

Kieran Trippier confirmed, looking forward to his first interview to see what he has to say. I’m sure we will hear about another playing over the weekend. I hope it’s not Cantwell though, unless Howe somehow gets something out of him, but he doesn’t seem up for a battle IMO.

Doesn't seem up for a battle? He was Norwich's stand out player 2 years ago. He was unreal. The only player that seemed to try. Not sure what's happening with him this season but the kid has talent and runs for days. We need energy and he certainly has it, along with ability. Sign him up, I say! 

5 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Doesn't seem up for a battle? He was Norwich's stand out player 2 years ago. He was unreal. The only player that seemed to try. Not sure what's happening with him this season but the kid has talent and runs for days. We need energy and he certainly has it, along with ability. Sign him up, I say! 

I must have been watching a different player the last year or so then 😂

No doubt he was decent a couple of seasons ago, but even last season he looked awful every time I watched him.

But like I said if Howe can get the best out of him then he can come, i just hate players that throw there dummy out.

I don't think Cantwell is what we need in this window, maybe in the summer but not right now. Need to target a centre back and striker now before Watford. Then we could do with another CB, another striker and LB. Perfect window if we could also get a centre mid in too. 

I'm thinking we will get a left back, a striker , a centre back and a midfielder. I can see a new centre back starting alongside Lascelles as I don't think Howe would change captain. Hope I'm wrong though as I have been saying for months we need a total new back four 

53 minutes ago, Rich said:

Cantwell doesn't seem to fit the idea of players that were touted around when you first got took over, bit of a underwhelming signing if that happens. 

We've also oddly been linked with Cantwell this week, by iffy sources like but his agent is obviously just trying to drum up interest. From what I've seen looking on Twitter it looks like Norwich fans want rid as he's basically downed tools. 

I thought he looked decent a few years ago when we were apparently looking at him as a Lallana replacement. But he's basically disappeared since then, maybe as a cheap punt for homegrown reasons since his contract is up in the summer but I personally don't see him turning up anywhere overly ambitious. It's a shame it looks like he's lost his way somewhat as he did look to have potential when he burst onto the scene. 

Happy morning for @JamesVilla, wonder if Gerrard can get the best out of him. Gerrard was my no 1 choice when we got taken over, I’m very happy with Howe now but his pull is massive.

Just now, Rich said:

Happy morning for @JamesVilla, wonder if Gerrard can get the best out of him. Gerrard was my no 1 choice when we got taken over, I’m very happy with Howe now but his pull is massive.

I'm delighted, it is a massive name to sign & a even bigger sign of intent from both the owners & Gerrard on where he wants the club to go. Attacking players weren't necessarily top of my list, but can't turn down a chance to sign Coutinho when it comes up. I'm even more impressed that it has a option to buy. 

Gerrard's pull is already paying off. I am under no illusions that if Dean Smith was still in charge, we would not of even had a 0.00001% chance of pulling this deal off. 

Hopefully he can get back to his best and show the quality every one knows he has. 

2 minutes ago, JamesVilla said:

Bit concerned he wasn’t leaving so you couldn’t sell Torres?

No it’s not that. Coutinho is one of the two players I idolise so Villa buying him really cheers me up.

Looks like we might be in for BOTH Bottman and Carlos - £80m could get us both. That would be a huge statement.

More than likely I believe we will sign one of these and then a cheaper option such as Tarkowski or Umtiti

1 minute ago, AdamNufc said:

Looks like we might be in for BOTH Bottman and Carlos - £80m could get us both. That would be a huge statement.

More than likely I believe we will sign one of these and then a cheaper option such as Tarkowski or Umtiti

Botman one especially is gathering pace, he looks a real talent. He’s a left footed CB so if we get him then Umtiti probably won’t be on the table as he’s left footed. Would love Botman and Tarkowski this window but can’t see Burnley selling until the summer.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Botman one especially is gathering pace, he looks a real talent. He’s a left footed CB so if we get him then Umtiti probably won’t be on the table as he’s left footed. Would love Botman and Tarkowski this window but can’t see Burnley selling until the summer.

Surely Burnley wouldn't sell to a direct relegation rival but money talks and hrs out of contract in summer.

We were heavily linked to Botman last January before we got Davies and Kabak, but ultimately we ended up going for Konate. Botman looked good when I looked into him abit, possibly lacking pace but he looked a solid option.