Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

God I hate United, it's embarrassing how much luck they get. I know nothing controls it and it's a slight sign of quality but come on that goal was shocking as has been there defending :@

I blame it all on Sanchez's missus :P, if only she was interested in moving to Liverpool :(.

Tbh even thinking of top class strikers there isn't many I'd have liked to sign as even Cavani is crap and over rated and he seemed to be the only one really available. Falcao was rumoured a lot but look how much he's done, then who else is there really? The market was shallow and our committee forced Balo on us, fun times!

I didn't think a winner was coming as we wasted so many opportunities, a great header from lambert and brave play from Johners though, finally in a decent mood after watching us :D

Sterlings clearance stands out to me more than anything. Te kid really has got it all. He must've been chuckling to himself when Zaha was getting all that hype. He's what Zaha was supposed to be (and still can)

Bad attitude, but he's a kid. It's not like he could be compared to the likes of Barton and Ravel Morrison. I reckon at worst he'll end up looking like Balo - a troublemaker but not a thug.

Sterling looked to be heading to the wrong side at one point but he's screwed his head on and I reckon he'll stay that way.

Get yourself to non-league. Proper football. 

Agreed. Help keep your local side alive, every penny counts.

Anyone think Chelsea will spank spurs 3/4 tonight or only edge it 1-0? I'm going 3/4-1 Chelsea

This summers two biggest panic buys - Balotelli and Falcao, on a combined welly wage of £360,000.

With a combined total of PL goals of: 1

Falcao was a panic buy, and he's a striker, who United already have plenty of. Nope. A panic buy would've been the equivalent of Fellaini from last year, or a new Vidic.

Wouldn't say Balotelli was a panic buy either. Just a poor decision

I can't see any sense other than panic, in buying a striker with a known attitude who doesn't fit in at all with your philosophy. Maybe panic isn't the bed description but there was a sense of urgency behind the deal.

As for Falcao being a panic buy. Yes. Go home.

It's rare that I do but I indeed agree with Lee here. We went into a match against MK Dons expecting at least a 3-0 win and lost 4-0. ANYTHING can happen in football.

(still looking forward to it though!)

A disappointing result but at the same time I think you could say we were unlucky. The second goal changed the game and how it was given I duno, me and my Manc brother both said it was offside on the first viewing so why it took Neville three views I'll never know, anyway it shouldn't have been given and it changed the game.

I know we lost 3-0 and it sounds stupid but we were generally the better team, the difference was we were leading the line with a kid we expect too much from and DDG is just brilliant. United were clinical which we expect from them while at the other end DDG was magic, he's seriously world class and almost carrying his team at the moment, that's the difference as United have a keeper who will win games for them while we don't. All in all I was rather surprised and happy with our performance, we'd have beat most teams with it but we happened to run into the brick wall that is DDG.

As for the team we've learnt again that Moreno is a liability and Can must be given a chance at LB soon while the defence looked like they trusted Jones more than they do Mignolet, even though Lovren was crap yet again, seriously Kolo and Skrtel is the way to go! My only real problem is how can we go into an away game without Lucas, I've never been 100% on Allen but Lucas should have started today! At least Balo looked lively and he should of been on the score sheet, some massive saves as I've already mentioned.

It's one of those bad omens we get, either we create the best and the most chances but don't convert, or we play the best and the opp keeper has one of his games of the season.

Sterling was our shining light as usual, he's not yet at an age where his misfiring is a big issue but his dribbling and creation stats are in the top 3 this season (may even be the top after today) We want to strip this team of prats down to nothing and build a side around him Sturridge and Hendo.

Best thing of the day though is Rooney spitting on his own face just like he did to his fans on so many occasions. It made the goal a bit sweeter.

The only disappointing thing about today is United will now finish in the top four, I always said the damage had to be done by January and they'll splash the cash to fix the defence.

I still think Liverpool are the better team of the two.. Manchester United need to buy an entire new defence to have a chance of being in the Champions league.

IMO they won the game yesterday purely because De Gea decided to be a boss in goal, I think Balotelli needed to start (not over Sterling however who has been good this season) I think I would've had Balotelli leading the line with Sterling and Lallana behind him.

Whereas Liverpool aren't a bad  team, they have a quality midfield and attack, but the fact the goalkeeper isn't top quality every defensive mistake they make is being punished, whereas yesterday the amount of poor defending that led to Liverpool chances has gone unnoticed by everyone because De Gea saved everything.

The second goal was clearly offside and I don't know how the lino missed it, another key moment I felt was when Sterling got to the ball before De Gea and shot instead of passing to his mate Balotelli who was screaming for the ball and would've most likely scored.. if I recall correctly that would've made it 1-1 which could've led to Liverpool growing in confidence and maybe going on to win the game.

However, the decision to play Jones instead of Mignolet was a bad one IMO (I don't think Jones is bad by any means but not good enough for Liverpool who want to be in the top four) he was poorly placed for the first goal (diving the wrong way) and he did the same for the third goal giving RVP the whole goal to aim at.. Mignolet wouldn't have done that.. the ball might have hit him then the post and then gone in but he wouldn't have dived the wrong way..