• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

5 minutes ago, Woody said:

Decent 1st half that @AdamNufc.

@Rob's happy ๐Ÿ˜‰

I forgot Spurs were playing. With the sheer mass of footy weโ€™re are getting I am finding it impossible to keep track.

On the subs, I feel that the โ€˜5 subs + water breaks + no fans = training gameโ€™ at the moment.

In fact, anyone want to tell me why we are having water breaks? It ruins any kind of flow a game has.

Theyโ€™ll have the โ€˜players playing too many games and we need a long winter breakโ€™ thing that comes up every year in mind I think.

Now they can say โ€˜youโ€™ve got your five subs, use them and you have two drinkย breaks so get on with itโ€™.

11 minutes ago, Rob said:

In fact, anyone want to tell me why we are having water breaks?

When itโ€™s a blistering 15C in Newcastle they need themย :P

I think the actual reason is that players arenโ€™t allowed to share water bottles so a formal break for a drink is the best option to avoid any slip ups that might happen when they just grab any bottle they can get.

2 minutes ago, Foxy said:

I think the actual reason is that players arenโ€™t allowed to share water bottles so a formal break for a drink is the best option to avoid any slip ups that might happen when they just grab any bottle they can get.

That makes too much sense.ย 

44 minutes ago, Foxy said:

ย 

Even 15C is pushing it at times like!ย 

added 0 minutes later
52 minutes ago, Ian said:

Theyโ€™ll have the โ€˜players playing too many games and we need a long winter breakโ€™ thing that comes up every year in mind I think.

Now they can say โ€˜youโ€™ve got your five subs, use them and you have two drinkย breaks so get on with itโ€™.

I hope they don't keep the drinks breaks it's turning into time outs like NFL

On 14/07/2020 at 20:33, Rob said:

What happened to Hull?

It's that same owner who wanted to rename them Hull Tigers. I don't know all the ins and outs but basically he seems to be asset-stripping them cos he can't run them competently. They sold Bowen and Grosicki in January, their best two players, without really replacing them, and they've been in freefall ever since.

And as for me, I was just awkwardly explaining to the wife yesterday, thank god I have the two little kids to take my minds off the stress of our unlikely promotion charge. Come ON Huddersfield - you can bloody do it!!! (big game tomorrow)

18 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

It's that same owner who wanted to rename them Hull Tigers. I don't know all the ins and outs but basically he seems to be asset-stripping them cos he can't run them competently. They sold Bowen and Grosicki in January, their best two players, without really replacing them, and they've been in freefall ever since.

Thanks. Thatโ€™s interesting. Absolutely gutting for the fans.ย 

13 years to the day since Kieran Edward Richardson signed for Sunderland and what better way to celebrate the great man than by posting this video for what must be the 13th time.

ย 

7 minutes ago, samhardy said:

13 years to the day since Kieran Edward Richardson signed for Sunderland and what better way to celebrate the great man than by posting this video for what must be the 13th time.

ย 

๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜‚ย 

ย 

Always will have respect for Josรฉ Mourinho , class act this , always speaks well of Newcastle and the fans , Nice Touch thisย 

9 hours ago, Ian said:

You got the result you wanted @Mr Tree, just need to finish the job now.

I know... I am ridiculously nervous. On paper, we should be fine. But this game ain't played on paper...

21 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

:(

Blown it. Bloody hate the playoffs.

I live just down the road from the BET365 and there are alot of fans making alot of noise

Just now, Ashez said:

Watford are something elseย 

More managers than a community save!ย 

Screenshot_20200719_142540_com.twitter.android.thumb.jpg.c12c3f40463f41c8234148f8e2e11ce6.jpg

His son has probably been to Thailand again.

At some point the Watford owners might realise that instead of binning off manager after manager they might actually need to refresh the squad a bit with some new players and stop relying solely on Troy Deeney.

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

Watford are something elseย 

More managers than a community save!ย 

Screenshot_20200719_142540_com.twitter.android.thumb.jpg.c12c3f40463f41c8234148f8e2e11ce6.jpg

There's literally only 2 games left to play , they'd be safe too I reckon if Bournemouth lose the day , be interesting to to see who would come inย 

Anyone ever wanted to say this to their players at half time of a crucial game that they are underperforming in on FMM?

๐Ÿ˜‚

Edited by AdamNufc
29 minutes ago, Foxy said:

His son has probably been to Thailand again.

At some point the Watford owners might realise that instead of binning off manager after manager they might actually need to refresh the squad a bit with some new players and stop relying solely on Troy Deeney.

I did half wonder if Deeney would be put in charge.ย