Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Euro 2012

Chelsea8

He should go to represent England as it is an honour to. Even if he is sitting on the bench he is doing for his country in Europe's best tournament and anyone who cares more about starting than being there for his country when needed upon is selfish.

So you don't want your players to feel proud to represent England? You wouldn't care that they use fright tactics to get their way with the manager? That's your opinion, I would rather every player acts like Gerrard and Terry by feeling proud to put the three lions on, doing their best and getting chances when the manager calls upon them with no fuss but being there for the country and eager to represent.

He should go to represent England as it is an honour to. Even if he is sitting on the bench he is doing for his country in Europe's best tournament and anyone who cares more about starting than being there for his country when needed upon is selfish.

100% agree. They should want to help the country.

Well people know who to blame for the amount of foreign players don't you? The lower league clubs. If they weren't expecting so much for their players the top clubs wouldn't have to go abroad for cheap but just as good players. Look at Newcastle they're a perfect example selling the likes of Barton, Milner and Carroll and releasing Smith and Guthrie this current window and have brought in plenty of cheaper options from abroad. But yeah this isn't the English football thread so I'll leave it at that.

With the new scheme coming in, lower clubs are going to be screwed from next season onwards anyway, so you won't have to worry about paying a lot of their better youths (these are the players that aren't on a pro contract as far as am aware).

Isn't this new scheme meant to make players concentrate on skill instead of pasce and long balls? I can't see how that is a problem.

Or am I thinking of a different scheme?

Isn't this new scheme meant to make players concentrate on skill instead of pasce and long balls? I can't see how that is a problem.

Or am I thinking of a different scheme?

That's a different scheme.

The one am referring to is a club related scheme which i'll post about in the English Football thread if anyone is interested in whats going to happen.

This football for tonight didn't seem that boring.

And Torres comes on few minute later gets a goal, being the first player to score in 2 Euro Championship finals. Then Mata comes on and gets a 4th with an assist from EL NINO!!!

Who says he is past it?

Well played to Spain, no idea where the commentators got that Italy gave it a good go they were awful. But runners up were better than I expected, thought we'd get knocked out in Semis and it makes me laugh how some people actually thought we'd finish bottom of our group. Also its confusing the amount of people on my facebook that were cheering for Spain, never realised I knew so many Spaniards. Shame its over now.

I was the only one to guess Torres correctly for top scorer :cool: :D

Great win and performance from Spain, solid defensively and kept Pirlo quiet which was key imo.

What were Juventus thinking when they put in that 10M bid for RvP...as a comparison you can get Bas Dost for 8M, top scorer of Eredivisie last year, yet unproven on international level or in European competitions. Including EPL inflation RvP should at least be worth 40M.

Apparently Arsenal are interested in Belhanda, Newcastle are leading the race for Luuk de Jong, and Spurs are interested in Dzagoev.

What were Juventus thinking when they put in that 10M bid for RvP...as a comparison you can get Bas Dost for 8M, top scorer of Eredivisie last year, yet unproven on international level or in European competitions. Including EPL inflation RvP should at least be worth 40M.

Apparently Arsenal are interested in Belhanda, Newcastle are leading the race for Luuk de Jong, and Spurs are interested in Dzagoev.

Sunny this is Euro 2012 not the transfer thread

This football for tonight didn't seem that boring.

And Torres comes on few minute later gets a goal, being the first player to score in 2 Euro Championship finals. Then Mata comes on and gets a 4th with an assist from EL NINO!!!

Who says he is past it?

No-one.

You've answered your own question.