Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic 2012 Olympics

Jayze

No idea as my tickets are at the post office but I got an Email, will collect them tomorrow.

I reckon it will be GB/Uruguay v Brazil as Spain will win their group.

I think we'll win our group as the quality of players available is extremeley strong. Tbh, I don't mind either of those two! :lol:

I'm in K Stand (East Stand 37)

Final Jay. That is where it is at ;)

Also have tickets for early rounds of the Athletics, (Running, Javelin, Shot-put and so on)

Might be heading off to see Weight Lifting with my Dad, he got tickets through the school he works at-free transport as well

Final Jay. That is where it is at ;)

Also have tickets for early rounds of the Athletics, (Running, Javelin, Shot-put and so on)

<_<

We've got quite a few tickets, not football though - I think we have 200m, swimming, cycling, table tennis, gymnastics and I have a feeling we've got boxing tickets too

Beckham has been left out of the squad thank god, and Richards is in there which is pleasing.

Seen a lot of people criticising the decision because he was the biggest ambassador for it and everything. Well yes that's all he is nowadays, an ambassador. He uses his fame to bring attention to something not his skill. He is in his mid thirties playing mediocre football in a mediocre league. He doesn't deserve the place, especially when Giggs is already in the midfield. Someone who has played continuous top level football for all of his 30's.

Also seen a lot of stick snt in Richards direction because he rejected a standby place for the Euro squad but was chosen for this squad. Well I would have done the same, Phil Jones was picked ahead of him and he was rivalling Walker in the last defensive place. Richards, a player who has played continuous top flight football for the last 6 years with two outstanding seasons in a row, was overlooked ahead of a player with one good season at Tottenham and Jones who was playing in a shit Blackburn team and then had a fairly average season at United. I'd have been pissed as well.

I don't think so, the only squds i've heard of so far are New Zealand and Mexico and then the 3 players from England. It'll probably be amazing though.

Team GB Squad;

Goalkeepers - Jack Butland, Jason Steele

Defenders - Ryan Bertrand, Steven Caulker, Craig Dawson, Micah Richards, Neil Taylor, James Tomkins

Midfielders - Joe Allen, Tom Cleverly, Jack Cork, Ryan Giggs, Aaron Ramsey, Danny Rose

Attackers - Scott Sinclair, Craig Bellamy, Marvin Sordell, Daniel Sturridge

Pearce has picked a very different squad to what I would but I guess strategically it is the best choice. He has most of the under 21s who play how he likes them with the best of the welsh who will quickly adapt, I think we'll do well.

There is only one player in that squad who I feel doesn't belong and that is Giggs. Not taking anything away from him, but Pearce said he chose them on talent. Has he not seen the younger generation run rings around Giggs as of late?

I believe the starting line up will look

Butland

Richards / Caulker / Tomkins / Bertrand

Cleverly / Ramsey / Giggs

Sturridge / Bellamy / Sinclair

There is only one player in that squad who I feel doesn't belong and that is Giggs. Not taking anything away from him, but Pearce said he chose them on talent. Has he not seen the younger generation run rings around Giggs as of late?

I believe the starting line up will look

Butland

Richards / Caulker / Tomkins / Bertrand

Cleverly / Ramsey / Giggs

Sturridge / Bellamy / Sinclair

Jesus. Who younger is better than Giggs? Maybe he shouldn't be in it. However I think he should just on merit. And please Spell Cleverley right.

You speak about the younger talent running rings around Giggs. Please show me these instances. Besides, that point is completeley irrelevant. As it's not as if Giggs has took a 21 year old's place is it? Also, the fact that you think Jack Cork deserves his place but Giggsy doesn't is beyond me. Why? I'm sure it's got nothing to do with the fact he's ex-Chelsea. :)

My bad on the Cleverley spelling :lol:

And I don't know much on Cork tbh nor have I seen him play that much. But the likes of Adam Lallana, Bradley Johnson, Elliot Bennett, Andy King, Joe Ledley and others but I cannot be bothered to look for them. Could all make it and I see as better replacements for Giggs.