Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2012 The Silent Partner.

Ashez

Cheers Rafa.

Was planning to update this tonight but i desided i was rather far behind on my iscout duties so i done some of them instead lol. I'll either update this in a few hours or tomorrow so if anyone has any questions for me please get them in asap ;)

The Press Conference:

images.jpg

“Hello and welcome to a special addition of Sky Sports News, today we will be joining a press conference at newly promoted Shrewsbury Town where we understand the current manager Graham Turner is waiting for us.”

“errm, hello and thank you for joining me today, I've scheduled this press conference so I can answer some of your questions. Last season the owner wanted me to stay out of the media spot light to not rise expectations to high but now part one of the plan is complete its time to answer your questions, so fire away.”

“Hi, Mmmikea here. You managed to pull off a massive transfer coup last season as you required the services of the veteran Chelsea defender Paulo Ferreira, but my question is how important was he in your chase for promotion?”

“Well as your aware our form changed dramatically during the second half of the season and Ferreira played a massive part in this change. In Ferreira's first season he managed to play 18 times scoring 7 goals and gaining 6 assists, that's a massive achievement for the lad and I understand that on a certain fantasy league website he received a final average rating of 7.55. So in basic terms Ferreira was a massive influence on and off the pitch and was a snip at £220 grand, he may be getting on a bit but I'm sure he's got a bright future at the club. Has anyone else got anything to say?”

paulo_ferreira_657100.jpg

“Mr Turner, my names Magpie-mad-man and I was wondering what your plans are for next season? Are you aiming to improve on this years performance?”

“As a club we're always looking for improvements and I understand that the owner will not take second best as an option, after all it is his money. Can the club improve? Hmm well that is a difficult question to answer in truth since promotion means we are taking a massive step and the opposition will only get harder as we progress, so I think its fair to say we'll give it our all. ”

“Over here Mr Turner, my names Anfield-Squirrel and I'm just enquiring what your plans are for next season? Is back to back promotions on the cards?”

523941_4bd5e725.jpg

“Haha, I hope so! As I said we will be giving it our all and aiming for success but we also need to be realistic and not dump to much pressure on the players. As it currently stands my targets for next season is to stay in league one, the Championship is currently a far away dream and we'll take each game as they come until we make it. They're is no time line on this journey which also means no pressure, we'll gain promotion when and only when we deserve it.”

“Roland here from the Shrewsbury Post, I understand the owner is bankrolling the club in the transfer window but have you discussed expanding any of the facilities, such as stadium or training ground?”

“As I keep saying its important we don't get carried away, we've gained promotion yes but I feel its too early into this process to be throwing money at expanding the stadium, but that is the owners choice not mine.

As for the youth development we have been taking a closer look at building better facilities in the area behind the power league pitches, but our current facilities are pretty modern as we've recently produced Manchester City's goal keeper Joe Hart and Wolverhampton's central midfielder Dave Edwards, hopefully the next big superstar will be Shrewsbury produced. I'll take one final question if there is one...Hmm you sir in the corner”.

Dave%20Edwards.jpg

“Cheers, I'm Rafa from Germany. I've been following this incredible story closely over the recent months and I've totally been taken in by the romance of it all. The noble knight returning to his home town to lead his club to glory...Its simply magical, breath taking, amazing!”

“Ooook...? Thanks I guess.”

“No wait, I have a question for you, how rich is the club as it stands, and how much money has this dazzling Mr X invested into the club?”

“I'm not able to go into all the facts and figures for obvious reasons but I will reveal that Mr X has current placed £4 million pounds into the club (3 first season and 1 the following season) so I'd say our current financial state is rich.

Cheers for your questions but I'm afraid I'm out of time since i've got a meeting with the director of football Roland Wycherley to discuss transfer targets.”

“Cheers Graham, so there we have the latest news coming out of Shrewsbury Town Football Club. As always please feel free to contact Sky Sports News via our communication feature on FMHVibe.co.uk and we'll be back right after this commercial break.

images.jpg

Season 3:

Another Transfer Window Slams Shut:

logo-shropshire-star.jpg

With Shrewsbury's promotion to league 1 football pundits around England were speculating who the club were going to sign especially after the high profile signing of Paulo Ferreira during the January window.

And the fans didn't have to wait long to have something to cheer about as Turner pulls off another fantastic coup by adding Premier League winger Matthew Etherington to his side for a fee of £190k.

58c09298-e6f5-45be-8ae0-54ed649356bd_1811ec9c-1f02-4b8b-98ac-3ae435f040a4.jpg

The fans were obviously extremely excited about Etherington's arrival but he wasn't the only player to join the club as Turner splashed the cash to bring Romain Vincelot to the town in a deal worth a staggering £1.6m!

0,,10692~8968971,00.jpg

As well as these high profile arrivals two players also left the club for pastures new as Jermaine Grandison Joined Bristol City for £80k and Marvin Morgan was released.

_58782720_marvin_morgan304get.gif

The expectations grew other night within the town thanks to these signings and you could also tell the owner wanted fast success as he's reportedly placed another £1.5m into the club!

We'd love to here your views and opinions on the ins and outs at Shrewsbury Town so please get in touch via FMHVibe.co.uk.

Not to be an idiot or anything, but I don't get it. Are you managing Shrewsbury or are you another club buying their players for a lot of money? Are you buying their players, e.g. Paulo Ferreira?

Not to be an idiot or anything, but I don't get it. Are you managing Shrewsbury or are you another club buying their players for a lot of money? Are you buying their players, e.g. Paulo Ferreira?

He's manager of Benfica and he signs a player for a few millions, then the manager of Shrewsbury signs who he wants :P

Thanks for the comments lads :), also cheers AS for explaining to Lampard80 lol, any more questions just fire them my way ;).

I'll be updating this and my double goal challenge tonight, so keep an eye out :).

I seem to be missing my January screenshot :S. so i'm going to have to do a end of season review instead, so feel free to post some final position predictions :)

Don't worry lads i'm not neglecting this career, i'm just coming down with a bug and feel way to crappy to be thinking too much lol. I'll be posting this alot though the second i feel up to it :).

Good to hear :).

I'll likely do it around 9 since my GF is going to hers tonight, just been a manic week haha, GF booked week off work and i cba to argue to use the PC haha while my best mate normally lives out of town has been house sitting so i've also been around there alot haha.

Anywhoo i should be back to normal tomorrow :).

'i cba to argue to use the PC', this guy has his priorities right ;)

Haha, its just not worth the trouble :P

I will be writting this for you guys in a min :)

Season 3 – Season Review:

logo-shropshire-star.jpg

It was a long gruelling season for the Shrewsbury faithful as they started there first season in league one after the mystery investor splashed the cash around the club.

The season started with much promise as Matthew Etherington joined the club from Stoke City, but the excitement didn't last long as Shrewsbury's form never really kicked in.

Many people believe they had piled too much pressure on the newly promoted side to do well in this tougher division which ultimately led to s disappointing season.

When the January transfer window came around Shrewsbury Town were sitting in the relegation places, the team may have looked doomed but this was an extremely tight league and competition for places was fierce especially for the right to stay in the league!

Thankfully Shrewsbury found there form during the second half of the season and started to push on which lead them to a 19th place finish. Many people had expected a lot more from the side with a mid table finishes being most peoples target.....Including the owners!

So in truth the season was a disappointing one but we understand the owner new all along this would be a long process and that no time scale or pressure would be put in place. We understand people are starting to worry about Graham Turner's future at the club after his failure to deliver after having all this money to spend but only time will tell what kind of view the owner has on the matter.

As well as bad days the Town fans also had much to celebrate including an incredible 5-0 thrashing of Gillingham at there own place, while Matthew Etherington proved to be an amazing bit of business by Graham Turner as he managed to provide 12 goals for his team which led to him becoming the clubs top goal scorer, The Shropshire Stars sport column also gave him a rating of 7.39!

c9f25de5-27fa-40eb-9b37-291e72dc8c6c_dcf444a7-2f7d-481b-bb4b-09d85db3236c.jpg

Regardless of these happy moments the real concern and aim of the season was the league and the current form of the club just isn't good enough. Shrewsbury only managed 11 wins while picking up 17 draws and 18 defeats.

The problem is clear to see for all as the club simply didn't score enough compared to how much they conceded which is backed up by the teams – 6 goal difference. Shrewsbury managed to score 52 goals in the league which isn't enough to push for honours considering they played 46 games so this will be an issue the manager and owner will need to address if they're serious about this project.

Graham-Turner.jpg

All in all the season was disappointing but the club is still on track after cementing there selves into league one for another season, lets just hope we learn from this experience and perform better next season.

We understand that Graham Turner will be holding a press conference tomorrow evening so if any of our readers would like to share there views or request a question to be asked please get in contact via FMHVibe.Co.Uk since we love hearing your opinions.

Anfieldsquirrel - Kilmarnock Standard

So Graham. We've heard this owner is very rich (and a very handsome looking lad ;)) so roughly how much money did he make available last season? And how much will be made available fr the coming season?

Anfieldsquirrel - Kilmarnock Standard

So Graham. We've heard this owner is very rich (and a very handsome looking lad ;)) so roughly how much money did he make available last season? And how much will be made available fr the coming season?

Creep :P, haha cheers mate :).

Great update mate :) Loving the photo of Etherington! :L

Cheers mate, and the pic is for Rafa :D. (Funny story)