Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2014 Peely's Travelling Goal Machine - A 1K Challenge

Peely

It's really not that hard to update from your device. It seems like an uphill battle from the start but once you're in the groove it takes no time.

Not that I'm suggesting you do, do it in your own time.

Indeed. I've never done an update from a laptop or PC. You have to type codes in on phone etc, but just save your first update in notes then it's a case of deleting and copying/pasting.

Season 23

divock+origi.jpg

It's taken a while for me to get this update out, so apologies for the wait, but here it is at last: Season 23.

Origi decided to start the season in the now traditional manner by announcing his impending retirement and then reconsidering. Two more seasons of Origi?

I made quite a few transfers this season:

zLeHEhC.png

I'm not sure who Bruns is; he's a very talented Belgian attacking midfielder/winger, but isn't Hazard. Wouters is Fellaini and Oliveira is the third coming of CR7. I got rid of my Russian goalie, who had turned out to be a complete liability despite very decent stats.

Here's the review of the season:

i0CzpVj.png

A routine victory in the Dutch Super Cup.

bmmAhK8.png

A poor showing against a team that I expected to beat easily

GuF6sQu.png

Disaster. PSV's goalie is really starting to annoy me.

gkQytjN.png

Unbelievably bad. I didn't even make it to the final!

FRDwf3k.png

At least I won the trophy that really counts.

BYZegxw.png

Not a bad run.

36xaoCw.png

Four losses is frankly unacceptable, but at least I won.

Orig had been a little lacklustre by his own very high standards last season. I hoped that he could pick things up a little, despite his great age:

IumSGVz.png

You don't see many Origi hat-tricks these days.

Orig was performing significantly better, back to scoring more than a goal per game, then...

200px-BBC_News.svg.png

Breaking News: Origi Suffers Career Threatening Injury

0aonS8J.png

Belgium and Ajax star and former Manchester United legend, Divock Origi, has suffered a compound fracture of his right leg in a training accident today. An unamed source, close to the Ajax goal-machine revealed that clumsy Russian goal keeping lummox, Sergey Berezutskiy, fell on him while attempting to tie up his boots.

Specultion is rife that evergreen, 40 year old, defence worrier, Origi, will finally be forced to retire, with doctors saying that he will be out of action for at least ten months.

Tributes flood in

As soon as the news broke, tributes to the Belgian ball blaster came flooding in from throughout the footballing world, with many pundits already naming Origi as the greatest player that ever lived. Even famously reclusive, former modesty vacuum, Zlatan Ibrahimovic broke his 22 year vow of silence to praise the forward from the remote Swedish monastery that he now calls home:

"My sudden retirement from professional football in 2014, followed by my retreat to a simple monastic life has long been seen as one of the greatest mysteries in football. I feel that I can now reveal the truth. The first time that I saw Origi play I realised that he had the touch of greatness upon him. I knew that, next to him, I would look like a bumbling nobody and that my entire career up to that point had been little more than a sham. I did the only decent thing and withdrew from both professional football and the World in general."

Argentinian footballing great, Diego Maradonna had this to say:

"Origi is the player I wish I could have been. Compared to him I appear to be nothing more than a fat, drug-addled cheat. Of course, I'm none of these things and it would be potentially libelous for anyone to suggest that I am, but that's how I look compared to Origi."

The Ajax manager, Niels Van Frankenwalk, who has taken Origi with him from club to club for the last 22 years, stopped crying for just long enough to make this statement:

"I'm absolutely devastated. Origi was like the son I never had: the son that was actually good at football. That clumsy idiot Berez-whatshisname is on borrowed time."

Leandro Van Frankenwalk, Niels Van Frankenwalk's biological son, added:

"Even though dad has always favoured him over me and refers to me as his "disappointment", I've always looked up to Divock. In many ways he's like the father I never had: the father that isn't a *censored*."

Given his age, the result of his injury was inevitable:

CiP8ifZ.png

I'm not sure a broken leg qualifies as a recurring injury.

MK9M3VB.png

I'm glad he got a testimonial. They must have added bothe periods at Ajax together.

so5Xc2X.png

He had so much more to give *cries*

k6xPEov.png

Class.

My stats:

ja0eZ7E.png

cFC3Zo7.png

tbpICFn.png

Leandro:

wmDFeug.png

5w8AKqE.png

So-so.

Belgium got to the European Championship, even without Origi and, after a slightly shaky start, madee it all the way to the final, where we faced Spain. We had already beaten Spain in the group stage, so I felt cautiously optimistic:

ahLApav.png

This is really not my season. Look at the timing of the goals: two up at half-time, two all at full time and four two after extra time. My rage was mighty.

Progress

Games Played: 1,056

Goals Scored: 1,456

Goals Required: Nil

The Bernard Voorhoof Challenge

International Goals: 113/30

Goals scored in World Cup: 6/2

Goals scored at club level: 1,456/350

As you can imagine, I was absolutely gutted to lose Origi so suddenly. It's particularly cruel that a player who has been so injury free should be forced to retire due to an injury. I intend to take this career to the full 30 seasons, since I'm so close, but I'm not sure whether I'll carry on with the updates now that the focus of this career has gone. I hope you've all enjoyed it :)

Peely :(

Origi :(

Amazing end update, just a shame as you said it happened so suddenly.

One of my favorite careers on vibe well done sir :)

Thanks AS. When he reconsidered retirement at the start of the season I thought that hitting 1,500 club goals was a near certainty. Sadly not. The 1k thread up in the Challenges sub-forum is feeling very empty. Time for Mitrovic to join Origi?

The only completed 1kc until AS updates :P

Brilliant career from start to finish, can't wait to see what's next :D

Thanks Lee-Roy. I have a couple of things in mind, but I'm not quite sure what to go with yet.

Origi era finally came to and end!

:unsure: 

What an amazing achievement. 

Great job with the update once again. 

Heart breaking! I couldn't cope with that loss, i'd be absolutely gutted! An amazing achievement well done :D. +1!

Thanks chaps. I'm rather hoping that Origi turns up as a manager so that I can throw some extra transfer funds his way, as per your Shrewsbury career back on FMH 2012, Ash. Sadly no sign of him yet.

Heart breaking! I couldn't cope with that loss, i'd be absolutely gutted! An amazing achievement well done :D. +1!

That would be great, I didn't now that could happen. 

You can give them transfer funds by signing one of their players for a very high fee. So I could pick some useless player from his team and offer £5 million for him, for example :)

A legendary career has come to the end :( 

What a heartbreaking way to end it but still this career will be remembered for a long time here at fmhvibe !

Great performance Peely from beginning to end ;)

You can give them transfer funds by signing one of their players for a very high fee. So I could pick some useless player from his team and offer £5 million for him, for example :)

Oh I get it now.

Hopefully, he ends up becoming a manager then.

Legends never die. 

Divock Origi - A Career in Review

477225788_B97790626Z.1_20130724103447_00

Now that Origi has retired, I thought I'd go back through his career and tot up all his achievments. The results are quite impressive:

Achievments at club level

Appearances - 1,056

Goals - 1,456

Assists - 139

Man of the Match - 304

Bookings - 39

Sendings off - 0

Dutch Super Cups - 8

Dutch Cups - 3

Eredivisie Titles - 11

Community Shields - 7

FA Cups - 5

League Cups - 10

Premier League Titles - 9

European Super Cups - 7

World Club Cups - 10

Champions Cups - 11

International achievments

Appearances - 185

Goals - 113

Awards

Young Player of the Year - 4

Player of the Year - 15

World Player of the Year - 10

I'm still chugging along with this career, without Origi, so I'll probably post a brief update for each season up until the end.

Season 24

It's not the same without Origi, but I'm carrying on until retirement, if only for the sake of little Leandro, who would be lost without me.

The season's tranfser dealings saw a few stars leave the club, including Stanciu Mk II, and a few promising youngsters coming in. I think Ibanez is Juan Bernat, but no idea about the others.

PL86GsN.png

The first Origi-less season went like this:

HjRUQ0f.png

The absence of Origi gave the third incarnation of Christiano Ronaldo a chance to shine.

lb4elom.png

I don't have a lot of luck in the Euro Super Cup.

1Yhe55n.png

Back to business as usual in the Club World Cup, but it should have been easier than this.

e0TGLw7.png

Business as usual in the Dutch Cup, too. Losing against my bogey team in my bogey competition :P

HZu18Zh.png

Ajax's run of Champions League wins continues.

HWCIqrs.png

Another easy season in the Eredivisie, too.

Heeeeeere's Van Frankenwalk snr:

W14bHgs.png

Second in the manager rankings. Will I ever make it to number 1?

UhqraP8.png

ywkmRIB.png

The job offers kept on flooding in:

gAUEb62.png

1WjxE4o.png

vZxsWrs.png

h1zXgMg.png

To be honest, I was starting to feel like I needed a change of scenery, but it wasn't quite the right time, just yet, so I turned them all down.

Here's the boy:

kH6ezJM.png

e4cjbzU.png

Not his best season.

After a bit of research, I think I've found Leandro's biological daddy:

kKq8Vkq.png

Pretty close, if not quite identical.

My top player:

ndstfwE.png

Predictable, really.

3Havvtt.png

Oh yes, there was one other thing that happened during the season. One evening I was in my office, doing clever manager stuff, when there was a knock on the door. When I opened it there was a young man standing before me: a young man that looked strangely familiar. I invited him in and he told me his story. He had been brought up by a reclusive order of nuns in a convent near Ghent. The nuns had found him as a tiny baby, wrapped in a Manchester United shirt in a cardboard box on their doorstep. The only clue to the identity of the child's parents was a partly worn name on the back of the short, but all that could be made out were the two letters "IG".

When young Jeffrey, for that is what the nuns called him, reached his 16th birthday, he decided to set out and look for his father. Against all expectations, DNA tests ruled out Ryan Giggs, so he turned his attentions to a certain Belgian striker who, realising that Jeffrey had inherited his footballing talents, sent him to see me in the hope that I could help him build a career in the beautiful game.

lRYp0RS.png

I think I may be able to make some use of you.

Ny5mrwK.png

z5zsAX1.png

Just like his daddy.

It was the confederations cup at the end of the season, but the less said about that  the better. Belgium ended up losing to the USA in the semi-final, before beating Spain in the third-place playoff. Could have been worse, I suppose, but my first international tournament victory still eludes me.

This turned out to be a much longer update than I intended. Be sure to check back next time for a change of scenery and the World Cup.

Lovely update as per :D

That's Origi's regen I assume? :D

Thanks.

As far as I can tell. He appeared at the right time, with similar stats and similar positions. Plays pretty well, too :)

The question is, can he average 200 goals per season, so that I can do another 1,000 goal challenge with him :P

Shame he didn't regen more mature :(

Indeed. He's not quite up to his father's standard either, Very weak and no good in the air, but I'm sure he'll manage to score a few goals, nonetheless.

Nice update once again :D

So his father was a footballer... It can only be John Terry :P

Maybe the United shirt was just a ruse to throw everyone off the scent! Sounds like just the sort of underhand thing you'd expect from JT ;)

It's amazing how you managed to take one kid and retire him at the same time Cristiano Ronaldo retired two times! I "hate" careers like these because you make me want to quit my projects in order to find an amazing 15 year old and try to replicate/surpass (to some extent) your feats.

That's right, I said it. I "hate" you Peely!

I had two careers that I "hate":

- Ashez' CR1K

- Ashez' Borja/Cunha 1KC

Congratulations, your career entered the podium.

Now I feel depressed that I have to play a welsh club :

It's amazing how you managed to take one kid and retire him at the same time Cristiano Ronaldo retired two times! I "hate" careers like these because you make me want to quit my projects in order to find an amazing 15 year old and try to replicate/surpass (to some extent) your feats.

That's right, I said it. I "hate" you Peely!

I had two careers that I "hate":

- Ashez' CR1K

- Ashez' Borja/Cunha 1KC

Congratulations, your career entered the podium.

Now I feel depressed that I have to play a welsh club :

He would have seen off the third Christiano Ronaldo too, if it hadn't been for that broken leg :D

Thank you for the compliment though; it's quite an honour to be up there on your podium of hate, alongside two of Ashez's greatest careers.

Season 25

Another season rolled round and I was starting to feel the pull of retirement, having just picked up my OAP bus pass, but there was still work to be done and I wasn't ready for my pipe and slippers quite yet.

The first half of the season went like this:

WqgkcGo.png

Bloody PSV. Their goalie played a blinder, as he always seemed to do against us. It was time to take action:

K7Si04k.png

What's the point in being rich if you can't have a bit of fun with your money?

ttlVmTl.png

A rare Euro Super Cup victory.

jxYCxDR.png

A not at all rare World Club Cup win.

By the end of the year Ajax were in a commanding position in the Eredivisie and progressing nicely through the Dutch and Champions Cups, but everything was starting to feel a bit too samey. I'd done everything I wanted to do at Ajax several times over and I felt that it was time to move on. I just needed the right club to come calling:

i7CMUuw.png

7C2FFBC8-0016-CE9A-A6BC240F4990D8F9.jpg

Those of you who followed my Pedro career back in FMH2013 will know I have some fond memories of managing Atletico, so I was very happy to pick up the reigns again.

Here's the second half of the season:

QNCKovH.png

Disappointment in the Euro Cup.

mUkIjen.png

Further disappointment in the Spanish Cup final.

When I took the helm Atletico were lying ninth in La Liga and the Directors expected European qualification. This is how I did:

mUtrl4i.png

Not too bad, considering Real Madrid and Barcelona had a pretty much unassailable lead by the time I got involved. I have high hopes for next year with a few more signings and a whole season to work with.

My Stats:

8YGmwdw.png

Yay! Made it to 1st before leaving Ajax

XoeuiTn.png

But back down to 6th at the end of the season. Who calculates these ratings?

JNZHsoI.png

pW1ToZ4.png

I didn't manage to bring Leandro over to Spain until the end of the season:

dqbe8XV.png

These fans know their stuff.

rtaQ5MB.png

anzViAp.png

A bit of an improvement.

I hadn't really used Jeffrey Narsingh while I was at Ajax, other than in the Belgium team, but brought him over to Atletico at the end of the season, too. I was looking forward to seeing how he would do in La Liga.

The Summer saw me lead Belgium to that triffling little tournament, the World Cup:

One of the group matches saw us face Holland, who had knocked us out of the previous World Cup. It was safe to say that it was a bit of a grudge match:

QDdiLjd.png

I think this is what the commentators might call a bad tempered match.

eTRVbwh.png

We faced Mexico in the second round:

u5LKW9W.png

No problem.

The quarter finals saw us matched up against footballing powerhouse, Germany:

VXTUc6U.png

Easy.

The Semi was against France:

JfJaGaz.png

Slightly less easy.

We were through to the final of the second major tournament in a row. We faced the might of... Turkey!

giG8gTe.png

Stuffed!

Finally, international glory was ours and another unlockable was ticked off the list:

xniJQ4R.png

So, I'm glad to be in Spain, overjoyed by the World Cup victory, but a little disappointed in my first half season with Atletico. I've got high hopes for next season, though. I hope you'll all join me for it.

Season 26

I've almosy finished season 27, so I should probably do the update for season 26. I somehow managed not to take a picture of my transfer dealings, but there was quite a lot of activity. All regens, of course, so not necessarily hugely interesting.

The season went like this:

QTHF1kk.png

A nice was to start the season and look who scored.

The Champions Cup playoff didn't go quite according to plan:

yCB2eFE.png

Oh well, at least it gives me a shot at the Europa League: the only major club trophy that I haven't won in this career.

6SEj3UB.png

Another shiny new piece of silverware for my collection.

b4jxtpH.png

Things looked dire, ten minutes in, but we managed to turn it around with a fantastic second half performance.

t9P4SWE.png

A great second season in Madrid.

My Stats:

tydEbIG.png

Back up to second.

wCuXXDe.png

pKMSTAU.png

Leandro:

gJTAPy3.png

CIHQ57V.png

Leandro got plenty of game time and did rather well.

Origi Junior also saw plenty of action during this season. Here's how he did:

iEWTG3O.png

bXmMoH9.png

Making his daddy proud.

x5izcLc.png

A very pleasing season, all round. I taught the big boys of Spain a lesson, won a new trophy and Narsingh and Leandro both played well. Only four more seasons to go before I'm forced to retire. Any comments to keep me going in my golden years would be much appreciated.