Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Football Manager Handheld 2015 News (Update 6.3 out now)

Dec

I'm fed up of having to ask who tests this game, every issue said here I found within a few matches. With every update/release it feels like two steps forward and one step back! I know some people complained about the speed but it was fantastic IMO, surely they should include it as an extra fast option as some people want it and they already had it working, it's not like they don't currently use speed settings.

I agree with Ash, the speed was great.. got the most seasons done this FMH when the speed was like it was..

It seems like they're simply trying to push us over to the new engine whether or not we want to use it when they make "little tweaks" like this that changes how fast the game feels when your playing it.

I may speak for myself in saying this but I want to be able to complete a season in a day playing on and off, getting long careers done fast which is why I don't like the new engine as its way to slow for me (haven't tried it with 6.3 yet) and I can't get what I want done. I'm all for a better tactical experience which is what the new engine offers but if I wanted that I'd play more on the PC, the only reason I prefer the phone is the speed but its getting slower and slower which is pushing me further and further away sadly.

I agree, I play FMH to achieve things and that's done by completing a season. Not a very good example but look at mobile games like Candy Crush, they're popular as they work in short bursts and you achieve things making you want to play more, within FMH I love flying through seasons, let's not forget the game is only popular from November-May and that's a rather short window to play all the saves people want. I have a long list of saves I want to play and on the last update I managed to make a dent in that list as I could get through a season in around 2 hours, IMO that's perfect as it's easy to do a season a day or as I prefer half a season a day.

When I finish the season I'm craving more, when I'm stuck in January and the game is stuttering along I struggle to make myself play it, it's that end of season rush that makes the game exciting and worth playing and in my opinion that shouldn't take too long to reach, as I said I feel 2 hours a season (without transfer time) is ideal and that's roughly what I was hitting on the last update. I never did tests as such but I checked a half season save I had before the last update and one during the update, the half season one had a few transfers but nothing I'd spend ages on and my play time was 1.5 hours, on the last update I finished a season without transfers in 2 hours 5 IiRC, it wasn't much over 2 hours either way.

Played for a couple of hours and not had any issues at all. It's even stopped resetting itself every time I get a phone call. Haven't noticed any changes to the tactics I've been using either.

Maybe there are testers after all, just not enough!

Edit/ seems like I turned off automatic updates at some point. The length of these matches right? If I could be bothered I'd be getting a refund on this faulty product.

I can't access my iCloud saves? Is that another bug which has come with this update? I tell you now they best not be lost!

Ok so I won't be updating any time soon. I love the speed I have in 6.2. Like some of you have pointed out, it allows you to finish a season in two hours tops. Also it seems that one striker tactics are shit now, so that would definitely impact my careers.

@Ashez: For me the most exciting part is the transfer window at the start of the season. It's always so great when you give shape to your squad and you start bringing all your favorite players. Always gets me excited.

I've just timed two 2-1 matches and one was 1 min 36 and the other was 1 min 27. Maybe it's not as bad as it feels but it does feel really slow :S.

I've just timed two 2-1 matches and one was 1 min 36 and the other was 1 min 27. Maybe it's not as bad as it feels but it does feel really slow :S.

In my experience it's the txt that slows things down. A match with few incidents are fine but the ones with lots of chances, goals, cards etc slow things down a little.

Going from super fast 6.2 to 6.3 seems like a big speed change but I bet if you compared 6.3 to the original speed they would be very similar.

Does anyone else think they have just turned back to 6.1 because as well as the same speed I am seeing the same kind of game play. I know 6.3 screwed lollipop users so this update was really to allow those users to play again like they were able to on the original and 6.1.

I'm really getting fed up of this game now.. one of my favourite careers which I am currently Chelsea manager having moved from Schalke, I played three home games against Villa, WBA and Hull and got ONE point.. with my strongest possible XI's.. having more than treble the amount of shots the other team had.. I don't know how but this game seems rigged in some way and I know I sound like a child saying this but its not fun these teams wouldn't be beating my Chelsea team but not matter what tactic I choose they beat me.. It's demoralising and tbh right now I have no motivation to play this game. 

Enjoyed the game so much more on 6.2 for sure! Cant get a decent run going with a beasty juventus team now! Losing 3-0 to Cagliari was a joke they had 4 shots I had 30!

I think they are pushing us to the new engine now tbh as the pro of using the original was the pure speed but by slowing it down they have made it closer to the new engine speed making that option more desireable

I have no intention of moving over to the new engine.. and if thats the only option that I have on FMH16 I won't be purchasing the game

Imo they're playing a dangerous game, on the last update i played loads and loved it but i just can't get into this one and my problem isn't tactic related as i've done well on three different saves with three different tactics. I can't even get into a save i was addicted to before this update!

Yet again another crap update and tbh I am not surprised if they don't sort it out they will lose customers,many people won't agree with me but revert back to a previous version where it is a little playable

Wow I nearly updated late last night but managed to fight the urge.

So glad about that after reading all this...

SI just can't seem to get it right!

Just a question but how many of you have contacted SI regarding speed?

I am about to,but do you really think we will get a response?? No we won't they don't care about us all they care about is making money off us and releasing crap updates,we are all merely bug testers

6.3 seems OK to me so far, everything before 6.2 felt a bit slower. The dots on the play field seem to move more "realistic" now. I still have a problem with the extended/key moments setting. Why can't you pick full match view/key moments. The extended moments don't really add anything to the gameplay imo. 

I am about to,but do you really think we will get a response?? No we won't they don't care about us all they care about is making money off us and releasing crap updates,we are all merely bug testers

I totally disagree and if it hasn't had a response within a few weeks then I will be doing it myself at SI. they aren't that sort of company at all, if they were why would they support this site?

I totally disagree and if it hasn't had a response within a few weeks then I will be doing it myself at SI. they aren't that sort of company at all, if they were why would they support this site?

Dec at the end of the day your going to work with SI so I expected you to disagree because of your envolvment with SI,when you do go there maybe ask them why is the game becoming crap and why release crap updates.

Within 5 minutes of updating I found a bug that's just ridiculous

I'm not being funny but SI should have someone active here, if I had a 50k strong fan base for something I created I'd damn well be paying attention to it. SI are only ever here on release of the game or a big patch then the second they have one too many bad things or questions asked they run off and hide behind the SI forums, it's just not good enough IMO! If they have time to sit around reading and helping out the fanboys over there they should be able to at least pay attention to the relevant threads here, even when Vibe tries to help we are ignored, look at the stamina bug mess earlier in the year. Out side of vague answers on release and some exclusive images slightly before I see SI supporting the site but not the community.

I've found a new(old?) bug: playing for Schalke, I wanted to buy Carlos Bacca and Sevilla agreed. The transfer was confirmed on 1-July, but he didn't move. On 2-Jul again - Confirm? Yes! Didn't move.... 3-Jul again... WTF ???? :unsure:  :wacko:

I've found a new(old?) bug: playing for Schalke, I wanted to buy Carlos Bacca and Sevilla agreed. The transfer was confirmed on 1-July, but he didn't move. On 2-Jul again - Confirm? Yes! Didn't move.... 3-Jul again... WTF ???? :unsure: :wacko:

I had that bug once in 6.1 but I was selling a player for a great price. Everyday I got a message asking me to confirm the transfer but it never went through. This happened everyday until the transfer window closed and the deal was canceled. Only seen it the once b

I've found a new(old?) bug: playing for Schalke, I wanted to buy Carlos Bacca and Sevilla agreed. The transfer was confirmed on 1-July, but he didn't move. On 2-Jul again - Confirm? Yes! Didn't move.... 3-Jul again... WTF ???? :unsure: :wacko:

I had that bug once in 6.1 but I was selling a player for a great price. Everyday I got a message asking me to confirm the transfer but it never went through. This happened everyday until the transfer window closed and the deal was canceled. Only seen it the once b

OK, so it is known bug that was not fixed in 6.2 and in 6.3. IMO, this is the most shameful version of FMH so far :blink:  :mad:  SI brought the new engine (I dislike it BTW, too slow for me) but completely failed to test the game properly...

Our speed tests show no overall change in speed between 6.2 and 6.3 other than Fast setting which should now be somewhere more evenly between v fast and medium and on all settings on Lollipop which should be substantially faster. There have been a couple of people reporting slow speeds in Lollipop on a couple of devices which we have not been able to reproduce here yet but are trying to.

If people have issues we would please ask for them to be reported on our forums, we are able to keep track of issues properly from there which we are not able to on here as we don't have control over threads.