Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Ashez And Babacar Go On A Journey!

Ashez

@WW: I don't mean any disrespect to either involved in that statement but I doubt he'd match those results in a top division.

@Scott: Sorry :(, hopefully they speed up again now :).

A move to Italy hey? Not a bad shout at all. Italy is seen as a hard league to score in but one where ageing strikers seem to do well in real life, an interesting suggestion indeed.

Ashez And Babacar Go On A Journey!

Season Nine

We're now into season nine and i thought it was time for a change, as i revealed in the previous update i was starting to look for another but it was in this season my hand was forced, this will be a pretty big update so let's just crack on with the show. 

Why I Had To Move?

A2ZcJc2.png

Out of the blue the mighty Babacar decided he fancied a change, as i always intended to move around on this career the time felt about right. In truth i would have stayed at Celtic as i was enjoying my time as manager and i only intended to move around as i didn't expect to be able to keep Babacar at Cetlic, so when he kept signing new deals i was worried what i said in the opening post would be a lie lol. 

Before we get onto the move and where i went let's have a look at where i left Cetlic.

Say Goodbye To Celtic

The Current Season

QXAneG9.png

The season was going well as we were storming the league and qualified for the latter stages of the Champions League.

kYbNnCT.png

You could say the league was already won ;)

How The Big Three Were Doing

Ali

Ufj6oRJ.png

A solid half season for the winger

Sisto

165AetB.png

More sensational stuff from the fan favourite

Babacar

wfNzTzu.png

Decent going but he didn't like matching the previous seasons totals.

Myself

a1MhSLk.png

I think i did a decent enough job in Scotland.

Players Current Totals

Ali

4BuTMWK.png

Games: 478

Goals: 168

Assists: 197

Ali in my opinion was a massive signing and find by myself and he was resoncable for 365 goals in just 478 games, not bad when he cost around £4m. He'll always be in Sisto's shadow but he was a fantastic player to use.

Sisto:

j4VbMLj.png

Games: 508

Goals: 176

Assists: 393

Where is there to say about Sisto which hasn't been said? He's just a beauty! In 508 games Sisto has produced 569 goals! That's just mind blowing! Hopefully his journey along side Babacar and myself doesn't end here.

Babacar

ccA1DY7.png

Games: 532

Goals: 660

wOG2ALI.png

It's obvious i wouldn't be moving without Babacar as he is the star of the show so let's not beat around the bush, so far Babacar has been pretty decent although a lot of people including myself expected slightly more from the African superstar. He's now approaching the thirty years of age mark and he still needs to pick up 340 goals so let's hope the move suits him. 

The Move

During any career this is a scary thing to consider as anything can go wrong when you decide to jump ship, especially with Babacar being of age now. A had a few options leading up to January but none really tickled my fancy, the Fiorentina job showed up which did tempt me as it's Babacar's home club and i liked the romance of the idea but in the end i felt it was too risky. Then when my hope was fading an interesting proposition turned up which was just the job i wanted!

iLPlKJi.png

That's right lads i made the move to FC Porto! I know it's not the biggest move in the world but at this point i'd sunk eight and a half seasons into this challenge and i wasn't willing to blow it all by moving to a tougher league unless my hand was forced. My main worry about accepting this move was could i take the World Player Of The Year to Porto? I knew Celtic wouldn't sell him cheap and he also would demand a rather high wage but thankfully after checking Porto's squad i knew i had a chance!

ySBY2eL.png

I was pushed for time but the squad the previous manager left me was full of highly priced talent, so i knew if i could flog them and free up some funds i could bring in the main man!

miV6cZ4.png

£60 million should more than be enough to get this show back on the road!

0DmZt3Y.png

6cjqz6x.png

£25m and Babacar was ours again! Such a relief! 

Unfortunately though i was unable to attract Sisto and Ali to the club so their journey's end here :(

Where I found FCP

Competitions

zcFYHVt.png

We were 7th in the league fifteen points off Sporting who were leading the pack, it's not out of the question but can i catch them?

Pp6dm3P.png

Q50UpWq.png

The league campaign might have been hit and miss but the Champions League campaign was a different story!

However that does come with issues as Babacar is cup tied and i sold off our best striker to buy him, can we beat Spurs and progress with this in mind?

I have no photo evidence to hand but Porto were still in both domestic cups as well.

The Season Review

Q5QRwkL.png

All in all not a bad season at all considering everything, we failed to get past Spurs while we were unlucky in the domestic cups. 

League

orMzmTr.png

At one point i thought we were going to catch them but a run of poor form saw us finish third, over all i'm happy with that as we can push on next season.

The Main Event

V2gA26S.png

He's not been here long and already considered the second best player in the league! Oh how i miss Talisca thinking about it.

Babacar

Stats

9e4nYjk.png

Results

pVe38VO.png

A 62 goal season for Babacar which isn't bad considering he was unhappy and we moved clubs but it has to go down as disappointing, especially compared to the previous season. It is a positive he's already getting a goal a game though so hopefully when he's settled things will improve.

DZs6Ydz.png

Total

Games: 555

Goals: 683

Edging closer but we have a long way to go yet!

Lastly once again i'm finding myself having to say sorry for the delay, life has been crap recently and i knew this update would take a while so i have been putting it off tbh, it's out there now though and i really hope you enjoyed it as i tried to cover everything i could without dragging everything out longer than it needed to be.

As always thank you for following and please remember to leave a comment. 

I already miss Sisto :(

Can we expect future attempts to sign Sisto?

Porto was a sensible choice as far as the challenge is concerned.

Don't worry about taking your time, life is more important than a game!

Hopefully but it might not happen, during this season (in Feb) i did get a bid accepted for him but he refused to join a smaller club, hopefully in the summer i'll be able to free up enough money to attract him wage wise.

My original plan was he'd smash Scotland so i'd be forced to move a lot earlier which was meant to be to Portugal followed by a move to Spain or Italy, however as he struggled more than i expected i kept putting off any moves until my hand was forced. As you said though a move to Portugal makes sense in terms of the challenge even if it isn't the most exciting move i could have got, who knows maybe i'll move again before the challenge is done with. 

Thanks mate, it's just been one thing after another recently and it's driving me up the wall lol, i've just not been able to get on the PC recently as much which is why a lot of my content recently has been done on my Ipod as i still want to get things out there. I'm also in no rush as i still have some of this to play as i took a long break from it but i have nothing ready to get started once this ends as none of my ideas are working currently which sucks. 

Mate! Your next priority must be getting Sisto. Seriously the Assists Challenge seemed a piece of cake.

Decent season tho. Also good choice of Club. Portugal is a pretty alright league for this and you should be finishing it here.

Good luck! :)

I'm surprised nobody brought up 'Barry Kane', I thought it was rather amusing when I just saw you bought him back at Celtic! But doing great as always, with your record I've got to think you'll somehow pull this out of the bag! In your own time mate :)

Nice season Ash,I wasn't far off I predicted Benfica,just ashame you couldn't take Sisto and Ali with you,you must be missing Sisto.

So Baba is now 30 you still have plenty time with him,come on Ash nail this :)

@MM: Talk about a comment making my day, I love it when you pop by :D.

@UK: Haven't managed to get on the PC since the last update :(, times been a real issue recently and everything I plan goes to pot. I'll get it up as soon as possible though that's for sure :).

Ashez And Babacar Go On A Journey!

Season Ten

In season nine we left Celtic behind for a new challenge in Portugal so let's see how our first season in the sun went.

Transfers

Everyone wants to know if Sisto also followed me to Portugal, well unfortunately

For Celtic fans he did!

nC6CWSd.png

Sisto wasn't the only fan favourite i managed to bring across from Britain though

Z0CDZJq.png

Ali is here as well.....Not like any of you care :(:P

While Hughes also joined us for our new challenge!

QlYv4u2.png

Lovely, it's like home from home now!

Full List

6TF7xmv.png

MEQIKUU.png

BGE6MIF.png

I was amazed with how much i had to play with but i put it too good use!

Season Review

Ij7msW3.png

We're champions champions of Europe!! Beautiful!

Champions League

r5ltM8E.png

Money well spent, hey lads?

We had some luck though as we ran into an old friend in the knock out stages

ALrqwNi.png

Babacar missed the second leg due to an injury but he did score in the first, but did he celebrate? You decide!

League

kgGbrUg.png

Smashed it :D, still no undefeated season though :@

TDP

Fhqhobb.png

A walk in the park

Manager Information

CaQYYFC.png

3vyW2Ys.png

Nice

3piHv5z.png

ByjwUOf.png

Player Information

Current XI

LxUfFQ8.png

Will Hughes

P5x5CpR.png

MFsP1Kv.png

Massive season for the Englishman! I only signed him as i didn't want to use regens yet and boy did he deliver!

Awards

dyF8Ihn.png

cS12Xm5.png

Assists

JuRQPjn.png

I seem to be missing the AvR one sorry! Anyway Sisto has lost his crown!

The Pre-Game Show

Ali and Sisto

Ali

Stats

S4zyS6D.png

He's fantastic :D

Results

aJgPn2D.png

Consistent as ever! I massively overpaid for him and i debated about leaving him at Celtic but i enjoyed using him so much i had to bring him back.

Sisto

Stats

NECi6i6.png

:D

Results

rJGOXyw.png

He's just beyond words, what a special player!

The Main Event

Babacar

Stats

ZzOQB8O.png

Starting to show his age?

Results

GaCmEd3.png

A solid season for the African

Total

Games: 613

Goals: 749

Babacar is starting to age and he'll soon be 32 years of age but he only has 251 remaining! 5 more seasons of hitting 50 and the challenge will be more or less done but has he got that left in him?

Thank you for viewing and please remember to leave a comment. 

Off Topic

Optional Reading But I'd Appreciate it.

As i revealed the other day i've recently started using twitter (@AshFMH) and i'd like to use this opportunity to let you guys know about it. While i've joined it to follow some of my interests outside of FMH it's a tool i'd love to be able to use in conjunction with Vibe. By this i mean i'd like to use it as a way to post some one season challenges or fun careers which i don't want to put up on Vibe (for various reasons) and i'd also like to just chat with more of the community. I've not put much thought into how i could use it as yet but if i got a few FMH followers i would certainly be interested in catering to the demand, Vibe would be my hardcore focus where i'd post careers like this one but i've constantly got ideas or things to talk about not worth bringing to Vibe. If truth be told i have no idea if there is a demand for something like this or if the community wants to see more of me but if you're interested you know where to find me. It could also be a good idea for any of your aspiring content creators as i'll likely be sharing alot of stuff that interests me and as i've already revealed i base most of my content off real life articles and ideas. I understand this looks a tad advertising or what not but it's not intended to be hence why it's hidden away as optional reading, i'm just letting you guys know the option is out there.

As this is an off topic discussion please don't mention this below, thanks.

Amazing Ash, simply just too good!

Very pleased that you managed to get the team together!

You'll do it, as you've done it many times ;)

Await your next update!