Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Jack Takes On The Latin Europe Challenge

2 hours ago, Taff said:

I want to say congrats dude, but you just knocked me off the top spot by 3 goals so all I'm going to say is this

:P:P:P:P:P

DAMN YOU!!!!!!

Great work mate well done on getting there and taking the king off his throne (it was nice while it lasted)

Haha, thanks Taff. I've only just realised myself that I beat you by 3 goals - the 3 he scored after you told him to stop! :laugh:

Time to catch you up on the UK challenge now...

19 hours ago, Cockers2505 said:

Congrats @Jack.Holt that is a brilliant achievement, as I do with @Taff I take my hat to you, if I could only achieve the same...

Thanks! It was a tough one, but I got there in the end. We'll keep the leaderboard warm for you...

4 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Huge congrats mate! Great achievement. I haven't been able to score 80 gls on EME yet so there's a challenge for me, but I have faith in myself.

Amazing job indeed. Busy at work now but will add your name to the leaderboard tonight. ;)

Thanks very much! I have more faith in you than I do myself - if you want it you'll smash it. Best of luck for when you get going on it...

Summary

For those wondering or interested in this sort of thing, the tactics I ended up using most of the time (certainly in the last season) looked like this:

Spoiler

IMG_2326.PNG.ce87abda77a8e9eae1c5773fcee68d68.PNGIMG_2327.thumb.PNG.c2b417c06fed77d49ee5c40666002e77.PNG

This is where I'd like to thank @scratch99 as the basis of this tactic was the one he used in his Armstrong 1K. It needed tweaking a little, obviously, but if you can't learn from the people on this forum then what are you doing here. I'd suggest turning Counter Attack off if a team is ultra-defensive or if they've had a man sent off - really hammer home that advantage. I didn't use Home and Away tactics but sometimes switched the CM to a BWM in tougher away games, and always switched to Defensive and Men Behind Ball if winning in the last 10-15 mins - you'd be surprised how many goals you still score.

I'm still not sure exactly how much of a positive difference it makes choosing your main striker as your Primary Attacker , but it certainly didn't seem to harm his goal output. I'd need to play a full season at least with PA on and off to properly judge, but I think I'll continue to use it for the time being.

It goes without saying, but try to properly preserve your main striker when going for the goal-chasing challenges. If he's looking tired, rest him for the tough games so he can play in the easier ones. If my striker had scored 2 or 3 goals in a games I'd *always* take him off with at least 30 mins to go. I'd only not do this if we had a full week before the next games or if there was an international break. It's a long season - play the marathon not the sprint.

Shout out here also to @BatiGoal - for creating the challenge and the consistent support in this thread - but also for his general advice dished out on this forum. I read almost all the of the posts here, whether I reply or not, and try to soak up as much as I can. In @scratch99's Jamie Vardy 80 goals thread a discussion was had regarding player burnout and protecting your player during a busy period (April, in this instance, which was good as I was approaching the same month) and @BatiGoal suggested lowering his training regime during this time. A simple suggestion, but a brilliant one. I listened, implemented the same, and came out the other side of April unscathed. It's little stuff like this that this forum is gold for.

Good luck to the rest of your guys attempting the Latin Europe Challenge. It's a tough one, but well worth trying. And to:

@AndersJ

@Rjgreeno

@SladePT

@Cockers2505

@Brenty92

Come and catch@Taff and I!

@Jack.Holt Great summary, mate!

I think every career should have one. It's very useful for the readers to know what we could've and should've done differently. That's how we learn and grow as managers. Not only from playing ourselves but also from following these careers. For myself, I don't always see the light instantly but when I start to look back and analyze a couple things why it didn't go according to plan or why it turned out a certain way that's how we start to "understand" the game. I know the last thing most of us want to do is write a summary after completion of a challenge or career so thanks for taking the time to do that. Now quick on to the next one :) Cheers!

Well, I'm two weeks late, but that's awsome mate!! Well done! Great effort.

I'll have to give this a go myself sometime, but not for a while (currently tied up for the next twenty seasons!).