Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mcandrew003

Assessing The Window - Part 1

Assessing The 2017/18 Summer Transfer Window

IMG_8987.thumb.PNG.94eb8759cba602461a6544f5a793b9f4.PNG

Hello and welcome to my newest article which I hope will spark a mass discussion between us members here today. As I have way too much time on my hands, I have decided to have an in-depth look at the current Summer Transfers that have occurred since the window opened. This won't be any simple judgement however, as we will look at stats, what it means for current players at the club, the shockwaves of the challenge, what it means for budgets and the roles and formations managers could play these players in. Of course, it will be FMM based. So, without further ado, let's take a look at some simmer transfers! (Like the graphics I made? ;))

Transfer 1: Victor Jorge Nillson Lindelöf ( Victor Lindelöf)

IMG_8985.JPG.1d72e77e0275157175ca212e1202bb7a.JPG

Fee - £31 Million Pounds

Former Clubs - Västerås SK, Benfica

Nationality - Swedish ( 12 Caps, 1 Goal)

FMM Profile:

IMG_8988.thumb.PNG.139ae2b337570c77e9c738d35b93003b.PNG

Typical of me to start with a United player ;) Victor Lindelöf was signed from Benfica in Mourinho's first summer recruit after United's dissapointing league Campaign. At the start of the game, he has a magnificent 15 Tackling and 16 Positioning, which are stats that emulate former United legend Nemanja Vidic. The signing of the young Swede is a smart one by Mourinho, as he looks to connect him with our other young CB Eric Bailly, who is shown below:

IMG_8989.thumb.PNG.dab19ca9a5e0d48ba7c7597953a9ba6b.PNG

Lindelöf & Bailly suit each other perfectly, with the strength of Bailly and the creativity of Lindelöf fitting together like a puzzle. Both players are extremely young, and their partnership could be crucial to any future success United get. Mourinho's style of football could see Lindelöf deployed as a more advanced CB, similar to the BPD role we are all so accustomed to in the game, with Bailly a more natural CB who sticks to the basics and covers for Victor during attacking plays. Here is how we could see the 2 deployed this year in Mourinho's team, and how you could deploy either of these players:

IMG_8990.PNG.5b5739a00a0686ff3948b1de1fd34625.PNG

This would work well in an Attacking set-up, as we could see at Old Trafford this year with the arrival of Lukaku. Lindelöf moving forward to intercept, create and support the midfield whilst Bailly covers and cleans up any mess that occurs. One problem the arrival of Lindelöf could cause is where Smalling will For into the side, as he accompanied Bailly last year, what will happen to him? West Brom have reported interest in the Englishman after the injury to their main target, Ben Gibson, and with Blind, Fosu-Mensah, Williams, Jones & Tuanzebe all available for cover, could it spell the end of his time at Old Trafford?

Transfer 2 : Javier Hernández Balcázar (Javier Hernández)

IMG_8984.thumb.JPG.3336b3e3df4431603dcfadaf06fb4f0c.JPG

Fee - £16 Million

Former Clubs - Guadalajara, Manchester United, Real Madrid (Loan), Bayer Leverkusen 

Nationality - Mexican (96 Caps, 48 Goals)

FMM Profile:

IMG_8991.thumb.PNG.066b316361fd29b84e9171d5870ade19.PNG

Another player with links to United ;) Chicharito has made the move to London after an impressive season with Leverkusen in Germany, and it's not hard to see why the Hammers plumped for him. An impressive 19 Shooting, 20 Movement and 15 Pace show why the 'Little Pea' is such a lethal threat and considered so highly in and around European football. West Ham have been on the hunt for a striker for years now, so the fact they have nabbed one of Europe's top Hitman, supplied by such attacking talents like Lanzini and Feghouli could be considered the coup of the season. How will Hernandez fit into the system of Bilic then?

IMG_8993.thumb.PNG.a321b6cb53ff6322172a17e5227aebba.PNG

Here is how we could see West Ham line up next year. Lanzini, who is a similar player to Coutinho, will likely cut inside and shoot or lay off the Mexican Hitman. On the other side of midfield, Feghouli will look to receive the ball from midfield and play it over the defence into our striker, or run at the defence and whip a cross in for a potential volley. Obiang will act as a Advanced Playmaker, but with the defensive responsibilities aswell, looking to provide for the wingers and striker himself. This could be a good way to line up on next year's version of the game, or even in your very own Hammers career. Let's take a look at the men supplying Hernandez next year....

IMG_8994.thumb.PNG.187db06b53c9c8aa310e5f1d400fc2cb.PNG

Feghouli could be key in the introduction of Hernandez into the Premier League, with his 15 Technique and 14 Crossing making him a tricky target for wingers. His Pace will make him run at the defences, which could see many through balls played into the Mexican.

IMG_8995.thumb.PNG.b6d6a476970eb23d5b3b8e8e12a68e6a.PNG

Lanzini is the complete opposite to Feghouli, with his tricky footwork and eye for a killer pass making him a dangerous creator against any defence. His Creativity and Passing mixed together could be a dream come true for Chicharito as he looks to get on the end of passes and run at the defences. 

West Ham were desperate for a hitman, now they have too many. The arrival of Chicharito could well see Enner Valencia depart the London Stadium after his massively dissapointing loan spell at Everton, whilst Diafra Sakho will find it hard to get himself back into the starting 11 with Carroll & Hernandez ahead of him in the pecking order. It could be a good season to be a Hammers fan. 

Transfer 3: Sandro Ramírez Castillo (Sandro Ramírez)

IMG_8977.JPG.657cd0fe2651195f94b76970a2b2b171.JPG

Fee - £5.2 Million

Former Clubs - Barcelona, Malaga

Nationality - Spanish

FMM Profile:

IMG_8996.thumb.PNG.5d79b244b8830eea9e66878ad3a7299f.PNG

Everton have rocked the window so far, and Sandro is one of their best deals to date. His incredible attributes and statistics from last seasons Spanish Season show why he was a sought after talent. His stand out stats include 18 Shooting, 16 Dribbling, Technique and Movement and 15 Pace, making him an incredibly mobile and lethal finisher, capable of replacing Lukaku, who recently moved to Manchester United. The recent arrivals of Dutch Playmaker Davy Klassen and English creator Wayne Rooney, Sandro looks set to have plenty of creative support during his first year on Goodison.

Everton's lack of Strikers means that Sandro will have a good chance of taking the N.11 spot on the team sheet this year, with his only main rival being Kevin Mirallas....

IMG_8997.thumb.PNG.157a052a83b51e1b7895011a6b3f0402.PNG

Calvert-Lewin & Lookman are, despite their U-20 World Cup win, too inexperienced to lead the line for the Toffees, whilst Mirallas will be preferred out on the wing as cover for the creative force of Yannick Bolasie, leaving Sandro as the main attacking option for the start of 2017/18. However, Koeman stated in a Press Confrence that he is looking for a potential new forward to rival Sandro, leaving doubts as to how much he will feature if a deal does go through. 

The main question is however, how quickly will the Spaniard settle on Merseyside? Let's take a look at how he and his team-mates fit together, if they do at all....

IMG_8999.thumb.PNG.0d89494d9e7aec3709efc5c22b72bb31.PNG

Bolasie is a very explosive player, with his immense pace and technical ability making him a threat to any full-backs. His ability to Run With The Ball Down The Left could be key as he whips in crosses and finds space to cause catastrophe. He also tends to Move Into Channels, which will be good for Sandro as Bolasie focuses more on creating than scoring. Let's see how the midfield will help him out.

IMG_9002.thumb.PNG.ffccdb9231125962f1dfdd3de5627eaf.PNG

Schneiderlin is a fantastic ball-player, which is shown with a move to United earlier in his career. His tendency to Try Killer Balls Often means Sandro will be running through defences lots in order to pick up the ball and, hopefully, bury it into the net. 

Thank you all so much for reading, this may be the most in-depth I've gone into an article before, so I really hope you enjoyed it. I will likely do another of these as I understand I only covered 3 transfers here, but it took a good 2 hours and I'm on holiday. Anyway, hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading!

Very nice read! I like the direction you've taken not just highlighting the new players, but also how they possibly fit into the team. Time will tell if the managers were right in getting these players to their clubs. Good job!

10 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Very nice read! I like the direction you've taken not just highlighting the new players, but also how they possibly fit into the team. Time will tell if the managers were right in getting these players to their clubs. Good job!

Thanks a lot BG, I think this was my best article in all honesty. I thought it was important to add as much detail as possible, making it more interesting etc....

Cheers!

Very enjoyable read bud, I enjoyed your take on where or how each players fit into the tactic/team! For me, Sandro is the best signing so far this transfer window (that's coming from a Reds fan too) 

13 minutes ago, Brenty92 said:

Very enjoyable read bud, I enjoyed your take on where or how each players fit into the tactic/team! For me, Sandro is the best signing so far this transfer window (that's coming from a Reds fan too) 

Thanks a lot Brenty, I'm glad you enjoyed that aspect as I worked hard to make it different from the normal Transfer round ups and things. 

Sandro? He was a very good steal, I personally think it's between Klassen and Lukaku so far though, they will both feature in the next iteration of this. 

10 minutes ago, AndersJ said:

Nice read, Sandro is sooooo good 4-5 seasons in to the game!!! A must buy!

Thanks Anders. I've seen him develop into a real beast in my games, happy to see him in the EPL.

Very good article and like the previous comments I love the direction and detail.

Tactics review and summary of surrounding players is great to see.

Great job!

10 hours ago, Brenty92 said:

Everton (unfortunately) have won the transfer window so far for me

I (unfortunately) can't disagree :P

9 hours ago, Massey127 said:

Very good article and like the previous comments I love the direction and detail.

Tactics review and summary of surrounding players is great to see.

Great job!

Thanks a lot mate, glad you are all enjoying the detail I put in :D

I enjoyed writing it, so the fact you are enjoying reading it is really good. 

Cheers!

7 hours ago, Risheek said:

Great work mate! That is alot of time there to get all that done, thoroughly enjoyed it!

Cheers Risheek, did take a while but plan to get a few more out. Thanks a lot!

Cheers guys, really appreciate your kind words.

23 hours ago, Robbrown172 said:

Could of included a Newcastle player ;) Nice article mate. Nicely set out and not too overly complicated to read

I'll get Murphy into the next one ;) Cheers mate, I'm really glad you enjoyed it.

A nice detailed look into the transfers into the clubs. Really enjoyed how you talk about how they complement the team rather than just looking at the stats of a player.

4 hours ago, Meow said:

A nice detailed look into the transfers into the clubs. Really enjoyed how you talk about how they complement the team rather than just looking at the stats of a player.

Cheers mate, really glad you and others enjoyed that aspect of the article. Wanted to be different and 'entice' the reader. Appreciate the comment!

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

Top, top work mate! Simply excellent! Fantastic way to implement real life football into FMM. 

Huge praise indeed! Thanks Ash, glad you liked the piece. 

Shame that media outlets don't do this sort of content, a name and fee are pretty meaningless to many fans, particularly if the player comes from abroad or lower leagues. So proper tactical analysis is worthwhile, especially given how dumbed down tactical analysis from TV pundits and the whole media often is.

I think Lindelof might rival Valencia for the right back slot if he can't get in at centre back ahead of Smalling. Mourinho loves a centre back at fullback, Ivanovic 2.0? Would be intrigued as to how you see West Ham lining up with the signing of Arnautovic, with their wealth of options out wide it's hard to see who Bilic will drop. As a Norwich fan I'd be behind an analysis of Ja.Murphy, Newcastle will be laughing about the measly £12million fee in 3 years time when he's an England International.

6 hours ago, Fish18ish said:

Shame that media outlets don't do this sort of content, a name and fee are pretty meaningless to many fans, particularly if the player comes from abroad or lower leagues. So proper tactical analysis is worthwhile, especially given how dumbed down tactical analysis from TV pundits and the whole media often is.

I think Lindelof might rival Valencia for the right back slot if he can't get in at centre back ahead of Smalling. Mourinho loves a centre back at fullback, Ivanovic 2.0? Would be intrigued as to how you see West Ham lining up with the signing of Arnautovic, with their wealth of options out wide it's hard to see who Bilic will drop. As a Norwich fan I'd be behind an analysis of Ja.Murphy, Newcastle will be laughing about the measly £12million fee in 3 years time when he's an England International.

Do agree with that, media often think we are all drunken idiots when they post tactics and things like they don't expect us to understand.

Very good point, but we do have Darmian and, if worst comes to worst, Guiellirmo Varela there so I don't know if he will be deployed there, but I know SLB did play him there a few times when Nelson Semedo was out or somebody else. Wouldn't want him there to be honest, it's a similar scenario to the whole Rashford thing where he just isn't being utilised correctly. Arnautovic is a strange one for me to be honest, wasn't confirmed at the time of writing so didn't include it. West Ham have almost too many attackers now, if Lanzini and Arnautovic are starting that means they have Ayew, Feghouli, Snodgrass, Antonio, Fernandes and Samuelsen all out wide, it will likely take a lot of trial and error to find the right combination to use Hernandez's traits correctly, and may even see him start slowly in the EPL. Murphy is a fantastic talent and a steal at £12 Million, suprised you let him go for so cheap!

5 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

Do agree with that, media often think we are all drunken idiots when they post tactics and things like they don't expect us to understand.

Very good point, but we do have Darmian and, if worst comes to worst, Guiellirmo Varela there so I don't know if he will be deployed there, but I know SLB did play him there a few times when Nelson Semedo was out or somebody else. Wouldn't want him there to be honest, it's a similar scenario to the whole Rashford thing where he just isn't being utilised correctly. Arnautovic is a strange one for me to be honest, wasn't confirmed at the time of writing so didn't include it. West Ham have almost too many attackers now, if Lanzini and Arnautovic are starting that means they have Ayew, Feghouli, Snodgrass, Antonio, Fernandes and Samuelsen all out wide, it will likely take a lot of trial and error to find the right combination to use Hernandez's traits correctly, and may even see him start slowly in the EPL. Murphy is a fantastic talent and a steal at £12 Million, suprised you let him go for so cheap!

Yes the board seemed keen just to rip up the squad and start again, without much thought of getting the right price for players. We did a similar thing with Redmond a year ago, Southampton paid about £10 million for him + add ons and he is now an England International. Absolute steal really. And I think Murphy is a lot better than Redmond in terms of intelligence on the pitch, the former is much more composed in the final third. Given how much potential he has, that fee will look pathetic in a few years. I can just imagine it 'MURPHY JOINS MAN UTD FOR ENGLISH PLAYER RECORD £60M FEE, MIKE ASHLEY REPORTED LAUGHING HIS HEAD OFF AT MASSIVE PROFIT".

3 hours ago, Fish18ish said:

Yes the board seemed keen just to rip up the squad and start again, without much thought of getting the right price for players. We did a similar thing with Redmond a year ago, Southampton paid about £10 million for him + add ons and he is now an England International. Absolute steal really. And I think Murphy is a lot better than Redmond in terms of intelligence on the pitch, the former is much more composed in the final third. Given how much potential he has, that fee will look pathetic in a few years. I can just imagine it 'MURPHY JOINS MAN UTD FOR ENGLISH PLAYER RECORD £60M FEE, MIKE ASHLEY REPORTED LAUGHING HIS HEAD OFF AT MASSIVE PROFIT".

Highly likely mate. How much did Murphy go for? £15 Million?

Nice read @mcandrew003 as mentioned I like how you 'predict' how they might fit into the team with the other players, as a lower supporter of 'Oldham' I don't think you will be writing an article mentioning them for some time, so I enjoy reading about what could be if we ever get up there again :O

As always,a great article mate.

Was actually expecting someone to do this,would have done it myself if I had the time,but you did a wonderful job of analyzing the transfers can't wait for the next part,let's see what you say about Mo Salah.Remember,no bias :P.

On 31/07/2017 at 09:40, Cockers2505 said:

Nice read @mcandrew003 as mentioned I like how you 'predict' how they might fit into the team with the other players, as a lower supporter of 'Oldham' I don't think you will be writing an article mentioning them for some time, so I enjoy reading about what could be if we ever get up there again :O

Thanks mate, appreciate that comment. I'm sure you'll get up with the big boys some day ;)

On 31/07/2017 at 10:13, Harish said:

As always,a great article mate.

Was actually expecting someone to do this,would have done it myself if I had the time,but you did a wonderful job of analyzing the transfers can't wait for the next part,let's see what you say about Mo Salah.Remember,no bias :P.

Cheers Harish, appreciate that.

Thanks, I wanted to do it and make it different as well so really glad you enjoyed it. Salah is a good shout :D