Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career It's A G'Day For A 1KC In Wales!

Ashez

It's A G'Day For A 1KC In Wales!

Welcome ladies, gentlemen, cyborgs and everything in between! As I've promised in recent weeks I'm back and bringing a new career to the site for your viewing pleasure! 

My last two careers have been ones of constant change with my Rogue and Caretaker saves (updates are coming at some point) seeing me only spend a minimal amount of time at any club. The Rogue save really brought my love of the game back and during the time in between then and now I've been working on a few ideas with one of them being presented to you guys here today. 

With the constant changing in my previous saves I wanted a new challenge where I could really sink my teeth into a team and develop something special, I also wanted to do a 1000 goal challenge as I like to do one every year. However I couldn't just do some basic save as I knew I'd need that little bit extra to make the save stand out and be unique for myself and for you guys. 

The League And Club

As the title reveals I decided to do the challenge in Wales! It's something that hasn't been attempted before to my knowledge and it's a league I've hardly experienced at all. Keeping the player is an obvious worry but the real appeal was having to battle to do well in Europe. I don't usually put much importance on winning cups in my challenges unless they're needed for completion but the thought of taking a Welsh team into Europe really inspired me. If I fail in Europe my striker will have less games and the challenge builds in difficulty, this concept just appealed across the board and it would offer me a unique experience which is what I am after. 

TNS_Badgelarge-01.png

I wanted a challenge yet I also needed money and the players at the club to support my chosen striker so I did take the "easy" option as I signed for The New Saints. I looked at a few other clubs and the players I could attract at them but unsurprisingly TNS were by far the best option. To increase the challenge I had to load all of Portugal so once Brexit kicks in I'll have a limited amount of players available to me from England and Scotland, in hindsight this was a massive mistake as you'll see in the coming updates.

The Player

287908_med_dylan_collard.jpg

Once I was settled on the league I wanted to play in it was a matter of finding the correct player to make this dream a reality. When trying to find a player I tried to pick one who I thought was up to the challenge while also one that wasn't so good I'd struggle to keep him in Wales. Now that's a hard balance to settle on but after hours of searching and testing I found a player i had some faith in and the save started. Once again the title provides a clue into who my striker is and his name is Dylan Collard! I think I made a mistake here which added to the difficultly of the challenge massively and provided issues I didn't see coming! It turns out Australia play their games during my season so I'm constantly losing him for large chunks of time and as I had to load Portugal all I have no way of managing him at international level. 

His Starting Stats

V2d3Pna.jpg

It's clear why he caught my eye as at such a tender age he has decent stats for this level. My facilities are hardly the greatest but hopefully we can grow that shooting stat into the greens so he can do some damage. With him being only 16 he signs initially on a three year deal so getting him to 18 and tied down for five years is my first priority! Doing some Google research today and he seems a player of decent ability and interest so it looks like I might have stumbled upon a little gem! 

The Unlockables

The Unlockables are already unlocked on my device (obviously turned off) so I have no chance of unlocking Sugar daddy or the work permit unlockable, I'm attempting this 100% vanilla! I usually like the crutch of earning Sugar Daddy when doing goal challenges in smaller leagues to help keep my chosen striker and I could have deleted the file to be able to re earn them but like I said I wanted a real challenge. I have Portugal, Wales, Poland and England loaded so I could move if needs be but that's a last resort and who knows if my striker could hack such a step up! 

Closing Thoughts 

I'm obviously jumping ahead here and mentioning the issues such as call ups and Brexit so you might take this as the save has plenty of ups and downs, in which case you'd be right! I'm nowhere near finished with the save but I have played seven seasons at the time of writing. The main reason I'm so ahead is because I needed to make sure I could keep him past the first three seasons and by then I held off so my updates wouldn't be interrupted by my holiday. As I've got so much played I'm intending to post the updates in my usual style of every other day but I have a lot of things lined up for the site in the coming weeks so we'll see how that plan works out, as always comments of motivation will make sticking to the schedule much easier! 

So that brings my opening post to an end and I hope you enjoyed the read while becoming hyped for this up coming journey. In terms of difficulty, stress, frustration and fun this has been one of the best saves I've had in years! I've hit my breaking point multiple times but it keeps pulling me back and now I'm hoping you'll all help me see this through to the end! 

As always thank you for reading and please remember to leave a comment. 

4 hours ago, samhardy said:

Good choice in starting in your home country, might get your love for the game back. Also, pleased to see that first sentence has been used :P

I live in England :@ 

Haha, I told you I'd reuse it! Almost forgot though. 

4 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

It's here! Been looking forward to this and that opening post has me hooked, the stage is yours Dylan Collard! 

It's going to be some adventure I can promise you that! 

4 hours ago, kts365 said:

This looks to be a great challenge and it hasn't even begun. Good luck mate. The leaderboard awaits ?

Let's hope so but that's a long way off! Once S7 is posted you'll know where I was when this was written haha. 

4 hours ago, Brenty92 said:

How the hell have you left me hooked without so much as a single match posted? ? Baffles me, good luck mate!

Really?! Well I'll take it as I thought this was a rather meh opening post lol. I didn't know what to say so I just ran with it and I wasn't too happy with how it turned out :P. But if you guys enjoyed it and feel like it's worth getting behind it did it's job :D. 

1 hour ago, Risheek said:

Ashez returns with a 1KC! This is gonna be interesting! Good luck mate!

Let's hope so :D

Thanks for the comments lads :). 

Hmmm.. a league unknown to you. A 16yo striker, remember you saying couple days ago you prefer skipping that tender age. No way of getting ITN + he'll miss a chunk of games. 11 red/brown attributes and 2 orange shoes.. so many wrongs!!

This is going to be a disaster.

9 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Hmmm.. a league unknown to you. A 16yo striker, remember you saying couple days ago you prefer skipping that tender age. No way of getting ITN + he'll miss a chunk of games. 11 red/brown attributes and 2 orange shoes.. so many wrongs!!

This is going to be a disaster.

That's the opening post I should have written! Thanks for destroying my confidence and belief :P 

35 minutes ago, samhardy said:

No, you live in Wales. I think I know better than you tbh.

That's like me saying you're Scottish!!!

16 minutes ago, Paul186 said:

This sounds like this is going to be an interesting career looking forward to the next post keep up the good work

Thanks mate, the first season will be posted to day or tomorrow :).

Wow Crikey, you've really got the odds against you. Good luck

added 0 minutes later
19 hours ago, samhardy said:

Good choice in starting in your home country, might get your love for the game back. Also, pleased to see that first sentence has been used :P

"England is his city"

Season One

Transfers 

Spoiler

In

eH2jx6f.jpg

In came Collard for a hefty sum while the rest were just squad reinforcements. A number of these players go on to play a big role in this save with Venables being a player I really enjoyed using early on. 

Out

pLfzzZf.jpg

Unfortunately my deadwood was worth nothing so I was forced to let players leave on a free (an issue with not loading England all I guess). The main reason for doing this is I wanted to start working on building my wage budget as soon as possible. I only have two seasons to get the funds in place to make sure Collard stays so it was on my mind from the start. 

Season Review

Kh6Aepe.jpg

Talk about daydreaming through a season! 

A More Detailed Look

Spoiler

League

KHeAbf2.jpg

The league was claimed on February the 1st! I have no idea if this is "normal" or not but I'll take it! I wonder if we could sneak into January in the coming seasons?

TwhCodk.jpg

Final League Table

NfCS64h.jpg

Like I said Europe will be the main challenge of this save. 

NMG Cup

TZ6xk1i.jpg

Tighter than it had any right to be but our striker got a brace and that's all I care about. 

JD Welsh Cup

QdARdI2.jpg

Three of our signings find the net as we breeze to another cup win. 

Player Information: Warning

Contains Striker Spoiler

Spoiler

jSNBWcY.jpg

Broddel was simply amazing this season and he's a player I'm desperate to keep hold of while his midfield partner Venables was equally as impressive. 

Manager Information

Spoiler

hSMRZfi.jpg

As this image shows I was also surprisingly appointed as the manager of the Ivory Coast! I don't have much to say about that venture however as it didn't last long before I was bored of it and resigned. I lost the African Cup of Nations final 2-0 to Cameroon and the Confederations Cup final on penalties to Portugal, I made the the quarter finals of the World Cup where we lost 3-1 to England and after that result i resigned. To be honest I took the job for a rep boost incase I needed to leave Wales but I never took the job seriously. Stat wise I think we've made a solid start to the challenge however. 

The Main Event

Dylan Collard

Stats

8KzCg40.jpg

So much potential! Let's hope we can unlock it! 

Results 

LmINgf1.jpg

As starts go i'm ecstatic with the young mans performance as he did better than I expected. At this point he's still uncapped and he only missed a handful of matches so all in all it's a solid start to the challenge. 

Current Standings

Played: 35
Scored: 45

Excellent season mate, if he's hitting these numbers at 17 imagine what he'll be hitting in his prime! Excellent season aswell, an all round great update.

3 hours ago, kts365 said:

What. A. Start. 

Ashez is back!

Almost sad to think you thought i left :P haha

3 hours ago, mcandrew003 said:

Excellent season mate, if he's hitting these numbers at 17 imagine what he'll be hitting in his prime! Excellent season aswell, an all round great update.

It was an extremely promising start that's for sure! 

2 hours ago, Brenty92 said:

Great start mate! Solid goal return and that should only get better ??

Should is the key word.....

2 hours ago, Paul186 said:

Great start, smashed the Welsh single season goal record.

What is that out of interest? Can be something I can keep an eye on :) 

Man, those attribute colors lol he looks decent for that league but 1000 goals? With him? No pace to run for the ball. No strength to fend off defenders. No creativity and little technique to find ways out of tight situations. No head to score headers. No stamina to last 90min let alone beyond. Terrible decision-maker (much like his manager hehe). And no left foot so very predictable for defenders.

Goodluck :)

8 hours ago, Ashez said:

Almost sad to think you thought i left :P haha

It was an extremely promising start that's for sure! 

Should is the key word.....

What is that out of interest? Can be something I can keep an eye on :) 

Sorry my mistake the goal record is 47 per the UK challenge, I thought it was lower then that, but I'm certain you will smash it in a season or two.

12 hours ago, Risheek said:

Great work mate! Going well!KIU!

Thanks mate :) 

6 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Man, those attribute colors lol he looks decent for that league but 1000 goals? With him? No pace to run for the ball. No strength to fend off defenders. No creativity and little technique to find ways out of tight situations. No head to score headers. No stamina to last 90min let alone beyond. Terrible decision-maker (much like his manager hehe). And no left foot so very predictable for defenders.

Goodluck :)

Yeah I'm really feeling this now, thanks! :(. Contender for worst player to attempt the 1kc with? Just think how awesome it'll be to see him on the leaderboard next to your wonder kid! :P 

3 hours ago, Paul186 said:

Sorry my mistake the goal record is 47 per the UK challenge, I thought it was lower then that, but I'm certain you will smash it in a season or two.

Ooh close though! I'll keep that in mind and hopefully I'll beat it! Thanks for coming back and passing on the information :). 

2 hours ago, samhardy said:

That start simply gets the hopes up of all your followers in preparation for your almost certain failure. Like @BatiGoal said earlier, this is going to be a disaster.

It got my hopes up too in fairness :P 

1 hour ago, Lee-Roy said:

Nice start, I'm looking forward to the drama starting, wanting more wages, wanting a move etc, can you update already??

I could but i'd rather wait until tomorrow :P 

Season Two

Here Comes The Pain!

Transfers

Spoiler

In

4E9PAyt.jpg
5CWY81T.jpg

Before Brexit kicked in I took the opportunity to import some fine talent from Portugal, as it goes Fernandes turns into a player you'll be hearing a lot about in the coming seasons. 

Out

Above ;) 

Season Review

G4itjt7.jpg

A dominating domestic campaign while we also managed to get to the Europa League group stage, all in all I'd say that's a successful season. 

A More Detailed Look

Spoiler

League

gPngAb4.jpg

We won the title in January :o! Can we beat January 24th?

League Table

CV5CGJL.jpg

Not much to say as we steamrolled the opposition! 

The Draw

XJ6bDEq.jpg

Should and could have been a perfect season. 

NMG Cup

IcfbfLA.jpg

JD Welsh Cup

uPPUY21.jpg

Player Information: Warning

Contains Striker Spoiler

Spoiler

DR412gG.jpg

Fernandes and Brobbel are quickly becoming TNS legends! 

Manager Informatio

Spoiler

Dz6Oqcc.jpg

Not bad at all, it's a shame those losses in Europe impact my profile so heavily though lol. 

The Main Event

The Pain!

T58RvbE.jpg

Disaster! A five month injury out of nowhere for our young striker! Thankfully it was towards the end of the season so he shouldn't miss much next year but can he recover from this set back?

Dylan Collard

Stats

HQtMdsv.jpg

Such a sad image! It's impossible not to winch looking at those physicals! He's also started receiving call ups! Great!

Results 

MHlZEdo.jpg

Thankfully he was on for a massive season before his injury so it's not as much of a blow as it could have been. Judging by the rest of the squads stats he missed around eight matches which isn't too bad but we need him on the pitch more. 

Current Standings

Played: 75
Scored: 90

He could have easily broken the 100 goal barrier this season but it wasn't too be, we now just have to hope he can get back to full fitness after his injury.