Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat This was just shared on Vibe twitter.

Someone just shared this on the Vibe twitter account and I thought it was interesting and as I have never seen a relegation playoff before I thought I would share it with you guys.

This isn't from my own save so I don't have anymore info than these screenshots. I am going to encourage him to post about it on here though.Screenshot_20170828-125235.thumb.png.07aa0cea3e4ed24b3eac55bc58859871.pngScreenshot_20170828-125259.png.0cdc0bce0d6ba64e32dd11a9cc7b7ee0.pngScreenshot_20170828-125305.png.cfa60c00b1d8df4fd8e6519b62c86dba.png

Yeah, I know I'm pointing out the obvious but it's because each team has the same points, GD, goals scored, goals conceded and I'm guessing they drew both of their games against each other. 

Extremely rare scenario, shows that SI take every scenario into account! Would love to see this IRL!

Definitely rare, don't remember seeing that. Maybe it has but I've never been in that situation so most likely just skipped thru.

Yeah it can happen.

It can happen at the top of the table too.

If Liverpool and (I think it was) City(or arsenal?) both had a certain result last year on the last game of the season they'd have played off for champions league football.

Would be a great spectacle in real life - I guess it would be at Wembley too so really cool. 

21 minutes ago, anfieldsquirrel said:

If Liverpool and (I think it was) City(or arsenal?) both had a certain result last year on the last game of the season they'd have played off for champions league football.

That was it! I remember it being mentioned towards the end of last season. It would be a spectacle that's for sure. I don't know if I fancy playoffs at the top of the table as next it would be a playoff for the league title and that just doesn't seem right to me.

2 hours ago, fuddledfoxFM said:

That was it! I remember it being mentioned towards the end of last season. It would be a spectacle that's for sure. I don't know if I fancy playoffs at the top of the table as next it would be a playoff for the league title and that just doesn't seem right to me.

How else would you decide the title if points, GD, GS, GA, H2H etc were all the same?

1 hour ago, anfieldsquirrel said:

How else would you decide the title if points, GD, GS, GA, H2H etc were all the same?

In international tournaments they sometimes just pick a name out of a hat. And people say penalties are unfair.

8 hours ago, anfieldsquirrel said:

Sorry it was more of a general point about playoffs. If everything is tied then it's the best way.

1 hour ago, fuddledfoxFM said:

Sorry it was more of a general point about playoffs. If everything is tied then it's the best way.

Yeah but these playoffs are last resort and a lot fairer than alphabetical order or drawing lots.