Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Suggestions for a 1KC

Hope everyone is well

I would like to start a 1KC towards the end of the week as my final save on FMM17 and of course write about it on here. 

I'm having trouble deciding who to do it with and need some suggestions from you guys.

The only person I have thought of so far is Tammy Abraham but he starts on loan at Bristol City so I either holiday a year or find a way of getting him back at Chelsea. I don't have the IGE and know nothing about HEX editing or if its even possible that way,

I am open to suggestions from any of the European leagues but I would like to stay at the same club through the challenge so I need the player to want to stay their as well.

Thanks for any help you can give (y)

Personally my advice is to find a striker you enjoy using and have a connection with. You're looking at spending 12-20 seasons with this lad so you need to know he's a striker you can believe it. I've done plenty of 1kc's but the ones I remember and enjoyed the most are the ones where I found my own hidden gem and took him to the top :). 

As @Ashez said, finding your hidden gem is definitely the best way to keep the motivation up to complete a 1KC. Only exception would be if it's your very first 1K challenge. If you've never scored 1000 goals with any player before I'd probably go with a big club, big budget and a well-known wonderkid otherwise chances are you'll never see that finishline. Well, unless you want to try it the hard way :)

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

1 hour ago, auronjashanica said:

Rashford

Did think Rashford but @Risheek just finished one with him couple weeks ago and as I'm going to post on here I don't want to copy. Also I probably wont do as well as he did! The other guys are going on the list though.

1 hour ago, mcandrew003 said:

Sandro Kulenovic. Plays for Legia Warsaw, 16 year old Croatian. Fairly decent stats, I squeezed 47 out of him in S1 so would highly reccomend him. 

Just looked him up and could be interesting. My only worry is can I keep him in Poland once he starts banging them in. I would like to stay at the same club although I could buy him for a club.

56 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Personally my advice is to find a striker you enjoy using and have a connection with. You're looking at spending 12-20 seasons with this lad so you need to know he's a striker you can believe it. I've done plenty of 1kc's but the ones I remember and enjoyed the most are the ones where I found my own hidden gem and took him to the top :). 

14 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

As @Ashez said, finding your hidden gem is definitely the best way to keep the motivation up to complete a 1KC. Only exception would be if it's your very first 1K challenge. If you've never scored 1000 goals with any player before I'd probably go with a big club, big budget and a well-known wonderkid otherwise chances are you'll never see that finishline. Well, unless you want to try it the hard way :)

That's why I was thinking Tammy Abraham as I used him in my England save and liked what I saw, but its how I set it up. Do I holiday a year hope Chelsea don't sack me then start?

Yes I am an awkward sod but like ashez said I need to spend a long time with this player so I want to get it right at the start.

Shouldn't be a problem if you can get far in Europe with Legia, they give you like £2.5 Million in season one which is massive compared to other teams in the division.

21 minutes ago, mcandrew003 said:

Shouldn't be a problem if you can get far in Europe with Legia, they give you like £2.5 Million in season one which is massive compared to other teams in the division.

That's a big IF with me charge mate :laugh:

He is on my list of options. I wont start till end of the week so just looking at all my options.

52 minutes ago, fuddledfoxFM said:

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Did think Rashford but @Risheek just finished one with him couple weeks ago and as I'm going to post on here I don't want to copy. Also I probably wont do as well as he did! The other guys are going on the list though.

Just looked him up and could be interesting. My only worry is can I keep him in Poland once he starts banging them in. I would like to stay at the same club although I could buy him for a club.

That's why I was thinking Tammy Abraham as I used him in my England save and liked what I saw, but its how I set it up. Do I holiday a year hope Chelsea don't sack me then start?

Yes I am an awkward sod but like ashez said I need to spend a long time with this player so I want to get it right at the start.

Start somewhere other than Chelsea and buy him would be my suggestion. England is one of the hardest places to do a 1kc so I'd suggest taking him to Spain if you wanted more chance of completion. 

5 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Start somewhere other than Chelsea and buy him would be my suggestion. England is one of the hardest places to do a 1kc so I'd suggest taking him to Spain if you wanted more chance of completion. 

That's interesting I didn't think about the league making it easier or harder.

So I have a player shortlist forming.

Abraham Chelsea 18

Iheanacho Man City 19 (EDIT: will disappear to African nations every 2 years limiting game time with me)

Embolo Schalke 19

Dembele Celtic 19 (would need to buy him for different club as it might be difficult to hold on to him also worried I would get bored in this league)

Moise Kean Juventus 16

Kulenovic 16 Legia (same as Dembele)

Buitink Vitesse 16 (same as Dembele)

Following @Ashez advice I am going to put some thought into what league I will be in. Think it will be Spain but not Real or Barca as might be interesting side challenge to battle with them as well as the 1kc. So probably Atletico, Valencia or Sevilla

7 hours ago, fuddledfoxFM said:

Ah ok.. Just read the OP properly didn't know what your issue was. Easy fix. Load say Germany as 1st league and England as 2nd league and you have your Tammy in the Chelsea squad from the start ;)

6 hours ago, Ashez said:

Yeah, that's what I did with my original Armstrong 1KC. Newcastle had loaned him out, so I had to pick another club (Celtic) and buy him from there. That way I could use him immediately instead of waiting. 

Although, it sounds like @BatiGoal may have found an either better solution!

1 hour ago, scratch99 said:

Yeah, that's what I did with my original Armstrong 1KC. Newcastle had loaned him out, so I had to pick another club (Celtic) and buy him from there. That way I could use him immediately instead of waiting. 

Although, it sounds like @BatiGoal may have found an either better solution!

Oh, I got my answer wrong last time! It should have been: Adam Armstrong!

8 hours ago, fuddledfoxFM said:

Following @Ashez advice I am going to put some thought into what league I will be in. Think it will be Spain but not Real or Barca as might be interesting side challenge to battle with them as well as the 1kc. So probably Atletico, Valencia or Sevilla

Preferably choose a team with at least Superb training facilities; you'll want IT to get the most out of your young candidate player (that is if he has the stamina for it)

4 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Ah ok.. Just read the OP properly didn't know what your issue was. Easy fix. Load say Germany as 1st league and England as 2nd league and you have your Tammy in the Chelsea squad from the start ;)

1 hour ago, julystork said:

Preferably choose a team with at least Superb training facilities; you'll want IT to get the most out of your young candidate player (that is if he has the stamina for it)

Great tips thanks!

2 hours ago, setiawanjimmy said:

I did one with Kean. I started from Portugal ( Sporting CP ) then went to Germany ( Wolfsburg and Bayern ) and England ( Liverpool ). It was kinda fun not staying in a league till je reach 1000 goals. I was eyeing for Spain before i lost my phone.

He was good. I managed to get him to scored 100+ goals for few seasons on his peak.

Now im starting again with Isak. 16 years Swedish with Monaco. He's done well for me. His first 3 seasons i used him as a backup striker and still scored 30+ goals each season. His first year as first teamer, he scored 87 goals, he was only 19!

87 goals!!! Wont take you long to smash the 1k with him.

7 hours ago, Risheek said:

Kluivert Ajax 

Wonderful player!

I'm building a nice list now of potential players. I think I'm going to go with Tammy Abraham for this one but I'm ready for FMM18 with this list of players.

Thank you for your help everyone.