Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career MM96 & Samhardy Present: Sell Them Slowly

WOW rant much :D

I agree with you, we all went (most not all) for the obvious choice in both your 1st transfer markets and getting £7M to spend is too much, 

So I voted to out Koscielny

I think you won't get much for him and he seems to have bossed the defense so I'm trying to be smarter (not working very well for me)

Cracking season and MM is on the ropes already, cracking season for Giroud and Ozil, but there too obvious a vote to get out

KIU Sam you miserable git

Oh I didn't think of Brexit! This challenge just got harder when that kicks in! 

Fantastic going Sam! Smashed it completely! 

As for the vote this is the one I'm unsure on due to free agents. Hmm I'm going to vote for Ramsey! He's high on all three rankings and like I said with MM's vote I think losing such a balanced player could be a big blow. Giroud did well but he's aging so let him stay for now and Sam has already proved he can find a steal of a winger so let's keep Ozil. I'm still leaning towards Cech but Ramsey caught my eye for this round. 

21 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Giroud takes the lead as expected :laugh: Music to my ears...

Just a heads up that IIRC Zlatan could be a worthy replacement!!! This window includes free agents which is a massive advantage when replacing a striker!! Think smarter people! 

31 minutes ago, MerlionMaple96 said:

God please not Giroud! I KNOW for a fact that Balotelli is available for a free during this window. It would be a total freebie if he had to sell Giroud

Just had a terrible thought of Sam and Balotelli together! That's too much cocky arsehole behaviour for anyone to handle! 

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

Just had a terrible thought of Sam and Balotelli together! That's too much cocky arsehole behaviour for anyone to handle! 

Now that is something I wouldn’t be able to handle. 

10 minutes ago, samhardy said:

If voting out the guy with the lowest average rating in the team is voting smartly then yeah you did great :P

59e0b1d67dd5e_download(3).jpg.c19cc015c8bdfc8196673f7a816d5908.jpg

Spoiler

Also voting out Giroud won't hurt you with free agents out there, but maybe neither would hurt you SuperSam

59e0b22acd822_images(3).jpg.53a3ebcf4394999ed5847891a0dc6e38.jpg

MM96 and Samhardy Present

coollogo_com-11725532.thumb.png.b1e4bddc3feeb37f1fd0d1a6cfd6aff7.png

A H2H Battle

Season 1.0

Hi guys, I'm back with my second update of this H2H. In the last update we saw us crash out of the Champions League and Sam followed up by winning that competition, the Premier League as well as the FA Cup. It will be quite the tall order to stay on his heels after his blistering start.

My Team

The Sale

Image result for harry kane

Kane applauding the fans in his last game for Spurs

Vibe had its say and the majority of votes were cast for none other than Harry Kane. Being forced to sell the best striker in all of England would be a massive blow for my team but could I deal with it? Well, let's first talk about how much I was able to get rid of him for. Unfortunately for me, although he was valued at over 45 Million Pounds, the frugality of the January transfer window meant that very few clubs were willing to discuss a deal for him after I had transfer listed him. The only two teams interested were Liverpool and Leicester City, and both were quite inelastic with their offers. Both clubs started off by offering me 35 Million Pounds and Leicester soon dropped out as I upped my asking price. Eventually Liverpool made a final offer of 39.5 Million Pounds and fearing that I would not receive any other offers, I agreed to let him go for that bid.

The Replacement

The initial replacement that I had lined up for Kane was a young Argentine by the name of Lucas Alario. He plied his trade at River Plate and my South American scouts had told me good things about his finishing and dribbling. We agreed a deal worth 3.9 Million Pounds for the lad with River but the transfer was thwarted at the last minute by a denied work permit!

Screenshot_2017_10_14_00_33_57.png

With only a few days left in the transfer window me and my team worked furiously to find a quick plan B. Eventually we settled on Jason Cummings, a Scottish striker who had only recently signed for Wolves from Hibernian. We were absolutely thrilled with the signing, as arguably Cummings was a better natural finisher than Alario AND given his age still had room for improvement. The final price of the transfer was 3.9 Million Pounds

Screenshot_2017_10_14_00_37_06.png

Image result for jason cummings

Cummings would be wel-cum with open arms

Screenshot_2017_10_14_00_33_47.png

Starting XI

Screenshot_2017_10_14_01_13_26.png

The Season

Premier League

Screenshot_2017_10_14_00_42_12.png

Top of the table and only a few points worse off than Sam tbh

League Cup

Screenshot_2017_10_14_00_43_02.png

Screenshot_2017_10_14_00_43_11.png

Of course City score with their ONLY shot on target to knock us out

FA Cup

Screenshot_2017_10_14_00_43_44.png

Liverpool were just far too potent on the counter attack

Europa League

Screenshot_2017_10_14_00_45_01.png

Screenshot_2017_10_14_00_45_07.png

We REALLY had to draw United??? Come on this competition should not have us facing such tough teams

Individual Performances

Player Stats

Spoiler

Screenshot_2017_10_14_00_48_35.png

Screenshot_2017_10_14_00_49_07.png

Screenshot_2017_10_14_00_49_19.png

Screenshot_2017_10_14_00_49_24.png

Scoreboard

Sam: 482

MM: 243

Final Thoughts

All in all a decent season. For the first term in charge of any top English club, winning the Premier League has to count as a job well done. If only Sam had not made such a freakishly good start surely this season would go down as a resounding success. But as it played out we're well behind already and it's only been one season! My my...

Either way do let us know what you thought of my performance this season? How good of a replacement is Jason Cummings and did you think he performed well? What about the rest of the squad? Who was the stand out player for you? And who should go next? Eriksen? Son? Rose? Dier? Vote below:

http://www.strawpoll.me/14144681

giphy.gif

It really was a good first season, just unfortunate that Sam had an excellent season. 

Cummings seems to have replaced Kane well netting 20 in 25 games

i have voted for Rose as a think he’ll be harder to replace than Son or Eriksen

better luck next season

Solid enough but not in Sam's league currently! I know this challenge has plenty of twists and turns though so it's not over yet! 

Cummings is a great replacement. Used him a lot and he's class! 

Sticking to my guns this round and voted for Rose. 

On 13-10-2017 at 14:30, Taff said:

59e0b1d67dd5e_download(3).jpg.c19cc015c8bdfc8196673f7a816d5908.jpg

Hide contents

Also voting out Giroud won't hurt you with free agents out there, but maybe neither would hurt you SuperSam

59e0b22acd822_images(3).jpg.53a3ebcf4394999ed5847891a0dc6e38.jpg

That supersam picture is just horror :O

Just catching up on this challange/ battle for the ages. Great work from both guys. Cummings look like a good replacement for kane. Keep it going guys.

coollogo_com-11725532.png

As promised, here I am back with my next update, the first part of season 2. We hold a healthy lead over MM at this point so long may that continue! We had a lot of players returning from loan this season such as Wilshere and Joel Campbell which has importantly added to the squad depth.

The members of vibe spoke and for some reason Elneny was voted as the one you wanted to be sold. I rubbed my eyes and laughed quite considerably before offloading him off to Milan for a cool £23M.

5DsEmDcl.jpg

With just £2.3M to spend on a replacement the search for one was quite frustrating. There were a few targets I had in mind, notably Viviani who had requested a move away from Verona and then Parades from Roma but that would've required a player trade along with the money which, as far as I'm aware, is against the rules.

In the end I came across Stephen N'Zonzi on the transfer list. FMM veterans will know him as a solid player on the game. I enquired; they wanted £3M, I obviously offered £700K less but it was accepted and the Frenchman was ours!

MjBI6Kbl.jpg

Not bad for such a small price! And he performed pretty well.

pGB1x5Xl.jpg

The team performance

We'd hardly got started when we received this crushing blow. Our main creator out for the first half of the season, he only just returned at the end of December, still far from full fitness.

8KjSLX1l.jpg

Iwobi was his replacement. We actually suffered quite a lot of injuries in the first part of this season :(

League

TtsOg3xl.jpg

Solid enough start. Couple of games in hand to play and we look good for a second consecutive title.

The glorified friendlies

4XesPZyl.jpg

oxbgVg5l.jpg

I'm not a fan of these games in real life but in this H2H there's points to be won so the Chelsea loss was a disappointment.

The other tournaments

YDNJW2vl.jpg

Easy 30 points in the bag. We actually won 9-0 in the semi final but I can't be arsed to go and get a screenshot in all fairness :P

League cup - We are in the semi finals where we will face Derby over 2 legs after defeating Watford, Southampton and Notts Forest.

FA cup - We will face Mansfield away in the 3rd round. The 9-0 potentially under threat!

Something to keep in mind?

CHd0DVVl.jpg

Go on... Vote him out... You know you want to!

Player stats

Spoiler

Goals

4GLIXwAl.jpg

39 goals for Giroud... He's got to go surely?!

Assists

YWNa2aAl.jpg

Well spread out!

Av.R

Eq93D66l.jpg

Leaderboard update

Sam - 608

MM96 - 243

An absolute fucking riot.

Poll link - Click me

This is a tough choice, Bellerin would be the clear choice, but I think you'd get good money for him and find a decent replacement, Giroud as well, but nobody else really stands out that you can't replace easy enough

We are in the semi finals where we will face Derby over 2 legs after defeating Watford, Southampton and Notts Forest

Are you FUCKING kidding me what kind of joke is this??? How do you get such easy fixtures???