Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Has the game ever made you cry?

SaintPaul

It's not my fondest memory, but I came dangerously close to crying tears of frustration due to a player's inability to score for my side 

Managing St.Johnstone, I brought through a young striker who'd managed 38 goals in the youth team 

Three loan spells in Scotland's bottom two divisions brought 80 odd goals, so as he was 20, I decided to bring him to the first team for the 20/21 season 

After 28 appearances he hadn't scored, so I sent him out on loan in January (Dumbarton in Scotland's championship), and although only there a few months he scored 16 goals 

The next season we'd reached the January window, and he hadn't scored for my team in 20 appearances, another Loan brought 9 goals for Sunderland in the Championship 

I gave him yet another chance, and by November, he still hadn't scored (25 appearances) , and this is when the urge to cry kicked in. 

He went on loan to Hull, and scored 17, and I could genuinely feel tears welling up 

Another fresh start with my team brought no goals in 14 appearances 

I sold him in January 2024 to Birmingham in the Championship, and he said that the transfer was in part due to a clash with me, he scored 26 goals, my rage was reaching boiling point 

I checked on him in the summer of 2026 and he was at PSV, scoring 71 goals in 54 appearances over 18 months 

I quit the save at that point, because I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of knowing that I was aware of how successful he'd become, it took a few minutes afterwards to realise that I'd maybe taken things a bit too seriously. 

Not quite cried myself, but it has brought my wife to point to point of despair at times, especially as I play the game for hours on end.

If I ever got divorced, I am sure Football Manager would be cited as the reason ???

2 hours ago, Fozz_Quaker said:

Not quite cried myself, but it has brought my wife to point to point of despair at times, especially as I play the game for hours on end.

If I ever got divorced, I am sure Football Manager would be cited as the reason ???

Guess you could just let her know she's surplus to requirements and put her on the transfer list...

15 hours ago, Fozz_Quaker said:

I hear this type of comment a lot haha. 

My missus now wishes I played FMM more like I used to as I have more free time to annoy her now lol. I was winding her up the other day and her actual response was "I wish you still played football manager" haha. 

55 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I hear this type of comment a lot haha. 

My missus now wishes I played FMM more like I used to as I have more free time to annoy her now lol. I was winding her up the other day and her actual response was "I wish you still played football manager" haha. 

In general Mrs F doesn't mind me playing FM (she is the other women anyway as I have been with FM longer) but I do have a habit of thinking out loud as I play which drives her mad. Think she just zones me out now?

13 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

In general Mrs F doesn't mind me playing FM (she is the other women anyway as I have been with FM longer) but I do have a habit of thinking out loud as I play which drives her mad. Think she just zones me out now?

My missus got a kindle and it instantly solved all issues revolving around me wanting free time! Now I'm fed up she always wants to read as I don't play FMM haha. It's a vicious circle! 

34 minutes ago, Ashez said:

My missus got a kindle and it instantly solved all issues revolving around me wanting free time! Now I'm fed up she always wants to read as I don't play FMM haha. It's a vicious circle! 

Your just have to start playing FMM again then?

On 10/10/2017 at 22:25, samhardy said:

Guess you could just let her know she's surplus to requirements and put her on the transfer list...

Her demands are beyond the means of any interested blokes ?