Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat 9.0.4 on Android

We've started a staged roll-out of 9.0.4 on Android, the dashboard is showing its an improvement in terms of stability on the platform but the few ratings we've had for it haven't shown an improvement in score so I thought I'd check with anyone who has it if its working alright and whether they've noticed any specific issues with it or do they see it as an improvement?

(it'll come out on iOS in due course once its finished its submission and once we're sure its sound on android we'll place it on full-release, but obviously we try to be sensible and cautious about putting new versions into the wild - hence the staged release)

PS - If you are using it and enjoying it/finding it an improvement please rate the app and cheer me up, Brighton are losing ... I need something to cheer me up ;)

Edited by Marc Vaughan

Still dont have it here but I hope for 2 things

1.injuries to show on news screen

2. Player wants a new contract but then says he isnt interested in negotiating..

15 minutes ago, Lav50 said:

Still dont have it here but I hope for 2 things

1.injuries to show on news screen

2. Player wants a new contract but then says he isnt interested in negotiating..

Both should be rectified in the update I  believe (although the not interested might still not be someone you can re-sign as it might be he wants a higher wage than you can offer,  if so try letting him know  you'll let him leave (ie. big club release) and a  shorter contract as an incentive ... the string it shows in the update should explain this more clearly.

2 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Both should be rectified in the update I  believe (although the not interested might still not be someone you can re-sign as it might be he wants a higher wage than you can offer,  if so try letting him know  you'll let him leave (ie. big club release) and a  shorter contract as an incentive ... the string it shows in the update should explain this more clearly.

Korean store hasn't shown us new updates. I'll always enjoy the game after 9.0.4. patch! TY

2 minutes ago, Rjgreeno said:

Are defensive midfielders going to be fixed in this update 

In what manner  and presuming you mean in matches - which match engine, version, OS are you using etc.

1 minute ago, Rjgreeno said:

I am playing on iOS using the eme. No matter what I do my defensive midfielders always have poor ratings

Are they effective in themselves and its just their rating you feel is too low? (I'll tweak my current games tactics to using one and take a look later today ... I'm playing a 4-3-2-1 at present with AMR/AML).

I think it’s the rating. 

It does seem that DMs are lucky to get a 7, and will only get higher if they score.

It seemed to be an issue last year too.

8 minutes ago, Rjgreeno said:

They don’t seem to be effective at all over a season the best average rating I have gotten for a Defensive midfielder was 6.22

19 minutes ago, Meestercat said:

I think it’s the rating. 

It does seem that DMs are lucky to get a 7, and will only get higher if they score.

It seemed to be an issue last year too.

Ok - its on my radar as a priority.

Thanks for looking into it as it is only this and not getting notified about injuries that are taking away my enjoyment of the game at the moment 

12 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Ok - its on my radar as a priority.

Hi, i just want to add, its been an issue for the past few versions as well, i noticed that if i substitute after 80min, the cb, dm, cm, and st which i substituted in will have a poor rating like a 6, whereas the fb, wing backs and wingers may see a higher rating, this is my opinion, i feel that if i subsitute my player in i am killing off their overall rating which they have built up. I am nt sure how this is going to be fix and what your opinion is on this. Maybe there could be a rating of 7 for substitute but i feel that may also break the game, how about for substitues which does not have as much game time, like if the only came on for the last 5 min and did not even touch the ball, they dont get a rating at all, i feel that this way it is more fair overall. Please do let me know your opinion

Are there still too many goals or has this been fixed? If so do I need to start a new save to experience the change (or any of the others for that matter)?

2 minutes ago, jamesogbowu said:

Has anyone downloaded latest 9.0.4 ?  Its not available yet in South Africa. 

I did just now. Thailand. 

Just now, Rjgreeno said:

@AleZacQue it does make sense that a substitute come on with a 6 ratting because they haven’t done anything

then that way to protect my players overall rating i might as well not substitue them at all, because when i do, thier rating keeps going down, and i think it is still unfair, different roles get different ratings when they are subbed, some roles get a 7 rating when subbed and they did not touch the ball once

1 hour ago, Rjgreeno said:

The point of using subs is to either rest players or try and win the game not to give all your players perfect average ratings.

But this rating is important cause you need it to estimate they performance,  if its not of any use why is it there in the first place. 

1 minute ago, jamesogbowu said:

But this rating is important cause you need it to estimate they performance,  if its not of any use why is it there in the first place. 

yes despite the poor ratings, i still substitute players to give them a rest or for tactical reasons, but these ratings are very important as a player who is supposed to have a 7.10 rating may end up having a 6.80 rating at the end and is labled as having a bad season due to this. What this affects is the players value, the number of 'stars' on their scout report, and can even slow the progress of youngsters. I can win every competition and half or more of my squad have a rating of less than 7, says alot, and im 100% sure the reason is due to my substitutions

3 hours ago, Fish18ish said:

Are there still too many goals or has this been fixed? If so do I need to start a new save to experience the change (or any of the others for that matter)?

I asked about the goals issue on Thursday, and Marc Vaughan said there were tweaks to that area in the next update, but I don't know if that means 9.0.4, or the one after 

1 hour ago, jamesogbowu said:

In real life if a player has a lot of substitute performances then he is going to have a lower average ratting than a player that starts games. Like how Bernardo Silva comes on as a sub for City he is going to have a lower rating than both sterling and sane who start more games

3 minutes ago, Rjgreeno said:

In real life if a player has a lot of substitute performances then he is going to have a lower average ratting than a player that starts games. Like how Bernardo Silva comes on as a sub for City he is going to have a lower rating than both sterling and sane who start more games

no in real life what they do is they dont give them a rating for their performance if they just come on for afew minutes

4 minutes ago, Rjgreeno said:

u have to understand the difference between real life and the game as well, in the game their rating is everything, it affects their star rating, value, form ect, so its like thier blood, just cause of substitutions, it ruins it, its like nt giving them the credit they deserve

Just now, AleZacQue said:

no in real life what they do is they dont give them a rating for their performance if they just come on for afew minutes

Yeah of course if your only on for 5 mins then there is really nothing to rate you on and that translates into the game as staying as a 6 ratting.

Just now, Rjgreeno said:

Yeah of course if your only on for 5 mins then there is really nothing to rate you on and that translates into the game as staying as a 6 ratting.

i think you are missing the point and is arguing for the sake of it. I am trying to suggest an alternative to this rating, like if they can not rate players for nt even touching the ball in the game or another system or way to do so. If you dont mind, can you be constructive since you are so smart and try to help, other players have also noted this issue, its nt a huge issue but it affects the game in many ways. thanks

@AleZacQue star ratings from your scout literally mean nothing. I have seen regens of great players having a potential star rating of 3 from scouts. There are also players that have had a good rating all season only to have a gold scout tell me they are a 3 and a half star player when the actual overall is 4 stars