Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics PriZe presents: the return of The Black Pearl 4321

PriZe

6 hours ago, PriZe said:

Awesome that you posted this mate! Good to hear it's working out! 

Interesting formation there! You should post it :)  Been toying around with a 3 striker tactic, flatmidfield stable? Would expect it to get overrun 

There's already a great 4-3-3 on here with a similar look to it with the wide IF's that always works for me.

On 1/2/2018 at 02:52, HH McCool said:

Hi PriZe, Ijust finished the 2020-21 season with my Schalke04 side using the new Black Pearl for 41 of 57 matches, including all cup finals. the record was 34-5-2 and I won all six available cups, including the Bundesliga title. The team scored 136 goals and conceded 23. My two strikers Dolberg (18) and Belotti (15) ranked 1st and 2nd in scoring, although neither rang them up like your strikers do. My RW, Shaqiri, who won German Player of the Year, chipped in 13. The Black Pearl is indeed back.

I guess I will have to have a "come to 'Jesus'" session now and see how it works.

(Just as a point of interest, the other formation that I used for 12 matches (9-3-0) is a variation of the Trident that I dubbed the TR433, which utilizes a four man back line and three midfielders, but retains the high, wide INFs of the Trident. I won four cups, including the Bundesliga last season using it. I also threw Aangca's latest 4312 in for four matches this seasonIMG_0378.thumb.PNG.869422ee88b033f983398e39278d120e.PNGIMG_0375.thumb.PNG.5d97daca3a4250f15c55bd6ba5dcaef2.PNGIMG_0381.thumb.PNG.a4421fd1435714f9ed0ecd476dc636dd.PNG, winning all of them.)

Out of the three formations, which one do you like the most? And how do you rate Aangca's latest 4312 formation? Cheers.

On 1/9/2018 at 02:38, zxLv said:

Out of the three formations, which one do you like the most? And how do you rate Aangca's latest 4312 formation? Cheers.

My apologies for the delay in responding. Other matters had my attention.

Since the TR433 is sort of my own creation, albeit based on PriZe's Trident from which it evolved, I guess it is my favorite, but I really like whichever one is producing results at the moment.

I have found that if I stick with any formation for too long without changing it up, I begin to get, at best, draw after draw (at worst, I start losing.) So, I try to find two or more formations that are not too different and mix them up a little. I usually favor one over the others, but use them all during a season. In 2020-21, the New Black Pearl (NBP) was  the primary formation and the next season I used it for 30 matches (26-4-0), but used the TR433 21 times (18-2-1). 

Last season, however, I used the TR433 40 times (33-4-3) and the NBP 13 (10-3-0). I have also used an asymmetrical 32121 that I am developing a couple of times each season. More on it later if it works out.

I only used Aangca's new 4312 those four times because I have a bunch of 4.5 and 5* winger/(outside)forwards who want playing time, but I have used his earlier versions with great success and have no doubt that with the right players, it can be successful, too. (as will most well constructed formations...if you have the right players).

If anyone decides to try the TR433, let me know and I will publish the tactical info for it.

6 hours ago, HH McCool said:

My apologies for the delay in responding. Other matters had my attention.

Since the TR433 is sort of my own creation, albeit based on PriZe's Trident from which it evolved, I guess it is my favorite, but I really like whichever one is producing results at the moment.

I have found that if I stick with any formation for too long without changing it up, I begin to get, at best, draw after draw (at worst, I start losing.) So, I try to find two or more formations that are not too different and mix them up a little. I usually favor one over the others, but use them all during a season. In 2020-21, the New Black Pearl (NBP) was  the primary formation and the next season I used it for 30 matches (26-4-0), but used the TR433 21 times (18-2-1). 

Last season, however, I used the TR433 40 times (33-4-3) and the NBP 13 (10-3-0). I have also used an asymmetrical 32121 that I am developing a couple of times each season. More on it later if it works out.

I only used Aangca's new 4312 those four times because I have a bunch of 4.5 and 5* winger/(outside)forwards who want playing time, but I have used his earlier versions with great success and have no doubt that with the right players, it can be successful, too. (as will most well constructed formations...if you have the right players).

If anyone decides to try the TR433, let me know and I will publish the tactical info for it.

The NBP you were referring to PriZe's exact same formation and tactic? I would love to have the tactical info on your TR433 and NBP (if it's different from PriZe's version). I've also made some adjustments on PriZe's NBP. I use two INF and change the two CBs into CD and also increase the tempo to normal and change the passing to mixed. I found this formation works in my AC Milan save and I create more chances and score many more goals after changing into this tactic. Cheers!

Edited by zxLv
2 hours ago, realcuchara said:

ome or eme? and if it's ome, how has it worked since the update?

:laugh: seriously? What's the titel of the openingpost? There is a hint hidden there:laugh: and still working for me

Love the tactic, always have. Out of curiosity, since this is your 1k tactic, designed to funnel through the striker, if you were aiming to simply score as much as possible, what would you change? Just turn off work into box?

Thanks!

9 hours ago, akbrim said:

Love the tactic, always have. Out of curiosity, since this is your 1k tactic, designed to funnel through the striker, if you were aiming to simply score as much as possible, what would you change? Just turn off work into box?

Thanks!

Don't really know if i would use this tactic. I am trying something in h2h that i might release as it's based on the BP.

i think for now i would go IF's. Although IF on BBM side i would keep winger. 

Tactic instructions i would keep t at work in the box but go for run at defence as well. I feel this triggers the more attacking players to go on messi runs. 

added 0 minutes later
4 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

Picking Wolfsburg and trying this again.

Determined to do something with it.

Good luck mate! Hope it works :)

Great tactic as always, been using the bp for many years. I’m finding success with this years version however the handful of draws and defeats I get each season almost always come when paying away. I know the match engine does factor in home and away, so is there anything that can be done? 

7 minutes ago, AYB said:

Great tactic as always, been using the bp for many years. I’m finding success with this years version however the handful of draws and defeats I get each season almost always come when paying away. I know the match engine does factor in home and away, so is there anything that can be done? 

Thanks mate. Yeah it's less plug n play. What i do is switch the cb's to central defender instead off BPD's. So your defence is a bit more solid. If you're aiming the team to score and not the striker you could add and IF on the left!

or buy a team which will dominate home and away.

lastly you could go to control mentality when you play away!

Yeah I’ve found after 2-3 seasons I have a team so good these little niggles don’t matter, but in the first season I switch to fbs and cds with if on the left, but I haven’t tried adjusting the mentality so will give that a go ?

Edited by AYB
3 minutes ago, AYB said:

Yeah I’ve found after 2-3 seasons I have a team so good these little niggles don’t matter, but in the first season I switch to fbs and cds with if on the left, but I haven’t tried adjusting the mentality so will give that a go ?

I've noticed it as well. Even with big teams it seems like it takes longer to get those consistent results. Well at least if you focus on the striker. Good luck with the adjustments!

I’ve found that slow tempo and expressive works well at home and fast and disciplined works well away. Mentality I leave on attacking ?

No worries. My next question is how to play when down to 10 men? Just got thumped by spurs after a player sent off.

Edited by AYB

For all you guys wanting one which got other players goals I tweaked the tactics make it IF and FB and early crosses instead of overlap did it with Real Madrid Ronaldo got 140 in 1 and a half seasons scoring hat tricks almost all the time and the mid and mainly inside forwards racked up around 140 between them too I don’t have screenshots. It worked for me and also the key is a striker like Ronaldo I think but it might work with others.

8 hours ago, Zlatan said:

For all you guys wanting one which got other players goals I tweaked the tactics make it IF and FB and early crosses instead of overlap did it with Real Madrid Ronaldo got 140 in 1 and a half seasons scoring hat tricks almost all the time and the mid and mainly inside forwards racked up around 140 between them too I don’t have screenshots. It worked for me and also the key is a striker like Ronaldo I think but it might work with others.

Thanks for sharing mate :D

1 minute ago, PriZe said:

have you tried it instead of making a statement?

I did try before the update, and it was good. I have then read the comments since the update which is mostly people saying it did not work, so my comment was asking if this is still working with the update. i added a ? at the end, so it was a question, not a statement. 

Definitely works on the new update as I've applied it to multiple saves and it's improved them all.

Could never get it working this year after having success with it on previous versions (FMH17 etc), until the new update dropped.

n00b question... I see this is for the Enhanced Match Engine - does this mean it won't work (or be as effective) if used with the original engine?