Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Poll The Weekly Poll: Are you tempted to try FMT on Switch?

Are you tempted to try FMT?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Are you tempted to try FMT?

• No as FMM is the game for me.
    • Yes I will be trying it.
    • I already play FMT/ Full fat FM anyway.
    • My name is Sam and I don't give a Switch.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/04/18 at 12:00

This week Sports Interactive released Football Manager Touch (FMT) on the Nintendo Switch.

Take a look at @FootballManager's Tweet: https://twitter.com/FootballManager/status/984780756240207872?s=09

If you're not familiar with FMT it is essentially the same game as the full fat PC version but it has some of the elements that slow the gameplay down like press conferences and team talks removed. Previously you would have needed a top of the range tablet or a laptop to be able to play it on the move but the Switch offers a cheaper alternative to both those options now.

We have had some discussion on this over the last few days since it was released but I thought it would be interesting to gauge opinion with a poll.

Are you tempted to try FMT?

Let us know your feelings on this in the comments below

Gotta say, I’m half tempted to give it a go. However, one of the things I like most about FM is the communities around it, so if it isn’t that popular it’ll be a bit of a shame.

Was tempted and bought it, good game so far, though teams seem to have limited budgets. Bit annoying though that you can only load 3 countries but the main reason I bought it was because of all the extra leagues.

On 15/04/2018 at 18:30, Ashez said:

I wonder who turns to FMT more, the FMM player looking for more or the FM player looking for less? 

When I started to grow tired of full fat FM last year I did give FMT a go as they gave it away for free when you pre ordered FM17. I don't know why but I just couldn't get on with it tbh. It was because of FMM that I started to grow tired of FM as it was starting to feel very slow to get through the games and so I felt that maybe FMT would be a happy medium between the two but it felt like I was playing FM with one hand tied behind my back but strangely I have never had that feeling from FMM despite the fact that you have more limited options. All three games can become an exercise in hitting the continue button to get to match day once you have your squad and tactic set up but with FMM I can play 8-10 games in an hour compared to maybe 3 with FM and 5 with FMT.  

2 hours ago, Foxy said:

When I started to grow tired of full fat FM last year I did give FMT a go as they gave it away for free when you pre ordered FM17. I don't know why but I just couldn't get on with it tbh. It was because of FMM that I started to grow tired of FM as it was starting to feel very slow to get through the games and so I felt that maybe FMT would be a happy medium between the two but it felt like I was playing FM with one hand tied behind my back but strangely I have never had that feeling from FMM despite the fact that you have more limited options. All three games can become an exercise in hitting the continue button to get to match day once you have your squad and tactic set up but with FMM I can play 8-10 games in an hour compared to maybe 3 with FM and 5 with FMT.  

Exactly how i feel...not played full FM now for 3 years.

Being able to rush through games is great for half a year. But now that I've (finally) cracked the 1K challenge, I find it rejuvenating to dive deeper into every game. Still getting to grips with the many many MANY possibilities though.

4 minutes ago, NucleusNT said:

How much am I looking at for a Nintendo switch itself?

Around £280. Get Mario Odyssey too - it is the only thing to ever stop me playing FMM in my free time.

4 minutes ago, NucleusNT said:

How much am I looking at for a Nintendo switch itself?

About £280 without any games I think. I was lucky back at Xmas because a certain Nintendo obsessed Viber pointed me towards a deal which saved me £50 at the time.

3 minutes ago, Foxy said:

About £280 without any games I think. I was lucky back at Xmas because a certain Nintendo obsessed Viber pointed me towards a deal which saved me £50 at the time.

Maybe something I’ll save up for then. But if I’m only going for it for FMT then there must be a cheaper tablet to buy

3 minutes ago, NucleusNT said:

Maybe something I’ll save up for then. But if I’m only going for it for FMT then there must be a cheaper tablet to buy

You need a pretty high end tablet to run it so I'm not sure you would get one cheaper than a switch.

This is the list of compatible tablets for FMT 2018 but anything at the lower price range may not run FMT 2019 so its a risk if you go for a cheaper one.

http://www.footballmanager.com/news/football-manager-touch-2018-compatibility-list

1 minute ago, Foxy said:

You need a pretty high end tablet to run it so I'm not sure you would get one cheaper than a switch.

This is the list of compatible tablets for FMT 2018 but anything at the lower price range may not run FMT 2019 so its a risk if you go for a cheaper one.

http://www.footballmanager.com/news/football-manager-touch-2018-compatibility-list

I’ve just been looking at that list to be honest. Maybe a Switch for Xmas and then FMT 19. But how will I still contribute on Vibe?! 🤯