Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges Bottoms Up 2019 Challenge!

veerus

Some players fly through seasons and teams with the speed of light.  Other players spend weeks getting through a season (like I do).  I wanted to make a challenge that appeals to both types of players and exposes them to different leagues in the process.  Introducing the "Bottoms Up" Challenge (updated with this year's eligible teams).

The idea is simple - take the "worst" promoted team (ie. the team that won the promotion play-off) from England, Spain, France, and Italy (these four leagues have a similar play-off promotion format) and see how far you can take them in a single season.  The rules are as follows:

1. Start a new game then load one of the four top leagues mentioned above (England, Spain, France, Italy) + the division below the top division (ie. Championship for England, etc) ONLY.  Don't load all four leagues since you'll be restarting the game after a single season and I'm trying to limit the pool of available players.
  2. Game settings should be as follows:
    • No budget in the first window (to "level" the playing field a bit by letting everyone start with mostly identical teams and to put a bigger focus on tactics)
    • No coach badges (removing coach badge requirement due to difficulty of enforcement as per the below discussion)
    • Normal reputation
  3. Take control of the team that most recently gained entry into the league by winning the promotion play-off.  This year those teams are as follows: Fulham in England, Valladolid in Spain, Toulouse in France, Frosinone in Italy.
  4. You'll only play a single season so no need to worry about building a team for the future.  Total points in the first league season ONLY will be added to your total score.
  5. After a single season, restart the game with another team.  Your final score will equal to the sum of league points from the four seasons with the four different teams.  Do you have what it takes to top the leaderboard???

Other fine print: standard challenge rules apply (no cheating, no using editor, etc).  For the perfectionists out there, it is allowed to replay a season to achieve a higher score - only the top season with each team will count toward your total score.  Screenshots of league table, match history & manager profile required for proof.  Starting a career thread for all to follow is recommended and encouraged!  Most importantly - hope you all will have fun with this quick and simple challenge!

Last year's debut had a lot of positive feedback but only one man actually completed the challenge.  @kts365 put up a mind-blowing 254 points (thread).  With all the training changes, I expect that no one will get this close again but I hope to be proven wrong!

BOTTOMS UP!

Image result for cheers

Leaderboard:

1. @kts365 - 305 points (69 England / 83 Spain / 76 France / 77 Italy) thread

2. @URz - 254 points (67 England / 58 Spain / 73 France / 56 Italy) thread

Edited by veerus

@veerus this looks like a cool challenge.

Regarding the No Coach Badges. These are game-wide achievements and don’t work the same as Reputation, which can be rebuilt during each career. What I mean is that even if you have Badges set to None, whenever you click Take Coaching Exam it will automatically give you your highest previously achieved badge.

If you really want no coaching badges during the whole career, you need to ban Take Coaching Exam and maybe ask for a screenshot at the end to show the player still has no badge. Or just assume everyone who has been playing for some time has Gold and allow it.

So the way I envisioned it (and the way I'm currently playing it myself) is if you set your coaching badge to none and don't take the exam, the game will feed you these advancements as if you unlocked them for the first time. 

@Foxy @Ashez what's the Vibe rule consensus on coaching badges in challenges?

Just now, veerus said:

So the way I envisioned it (and the way I'm currently playing it myself) is if you set your coaching badge to none and don't take the exam, the game will feed you these advancements as if you unlocked them for the first time. 

We've never had one, personally I've never cared or thought about it. While it does make a difference it's likely hard to prove and I never thought it was worth the hassle. 

25 minutes ago, veerus said:

Are you sure that you can get them again? I don’t think that’s how it works.

Just now, URz said:

Are you sure that you can get them again? I don’t think that’s how it works.

That's another reason why I've never forced it. To do it you might have to delete the file or something which just wouldn't happen 90% of the time and forcing no badges isn't really fair. 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=869884a60f0c133dimageproxy.php?img=&key=869884a60f0c133dFinished an awesome first season with Frosinone with a nice 4th place finally and some great results against the big teams in Serie A. I had some troubles against the smaller teams, but finally it worked. My first striker Ciofani finished 2nd place with 22 goals, just behind C. Ronaldo.

24A41F2F-A159-4815-88A3-F4D16BF5FEB0.png

E9B6C58D-05F2-4A76-9038-EC07DAC9A448.png

8258B118-2B00-4D01-8FE7-9F537CA8F255.png

BB539F83-3994-4E70-9A9D-3729E0293A53.png

C9DB107D-A0A1-4CFA-B18F-FBB2B02EA4BC.png

B81A3BA9-C499-4A2E-97A9-B6F3095F7CAF.png

EF3BF4AC-11EF-4B03-A40B-3912D8F3E46B.png

F993FF56-1151-4EDE-AAE1-570E2C6716F4.png

3C786081-7FA0-4960-87B3-0A8E1C9550AD.png

A7F14C02-9BEB-494F-99E6-437C5D14E382.png

896B5C4D-0815-4A3D-A7A9-E6980441482D.png

B1F962C5-BD2F-4E3E-9191-56268D253262.png

3D419EBC-5461-4069-8F3C-E4F380B633BE.png

B7F382D9-65F5-40CF-B648-069FE5FC2A3B.png

E211B97A-AD5E-449C-BFF3-293D3D132575.png

@veerus

Edited by BlueStarz

@BlueStarz Thank you for taking on the challenge. But could you please start a new career thread for us all to follow your journey instead of using this thread for regular updates?

You did much better than @kts365did in Italy during his attempt. Keep it up!

On 05/11/2018 at 07:46, URz said:

@veerus this looks like a cool challenge.

Regarding the No Coach Badges. These are game-wide achievements and don’t work the same as Reputation, which can be rebuilt during each career. What I mean is that even if you have Badges set to None, whenever you click Take Coaching Exam it will automatically give you your highest previously achieved badge.

If you really want no coaching badges during the whole career, you need to ban Take Coaching Exam and maybe ask for a screenshot at the end to show the player still has no badge. Or just assume everyone who has been playing for some time has Gold and allow it.

As per the discussion, badge requirement is removed from the rules.  I'm currently rocking a bronze badge but may switch to gold as I will need to re-run at least one of my seasons already! :S

6 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

This could be my next endeavor. 

Taking the GTO on a road trip around Europe? Look forward to the holiday snaps!

4 hours ago, URz said:

Taking the GTO on a road trip around Europe? Look forward to the holiday snaps!

Sometimes it's not the challenge per se that sparks my interest but the names on the leaderboard.