Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Tactics Help

Hello everyone.

Yesterday I've bought the game and ever since, I've been addicted 😂

I wanted to start in Germany so I went and chose Hertha BSC as my first club, haven't really bought anyone except Horn as GK and Berghuis as LW 

The problem is, no matter what tactic I've got, I always seem to fail. It's not that bad, I'm in 4th place, lost around 3 games in 17, but I struggle so much to either have chances, or to take them. 

Any tactic/formation suggestion that would fit my profile of the team? 

Well, we have a huge amount of tactics to choose from(here's a link to the tactic index:) 

I will however shamelessly suggest you to try this tactic I made:

I've been using it in the Bundesliga with Leipzeg and have won the league in my first two seasons. Plus you will play very attractive attacking football :)

4 minutes ago, RPA123456 said:

Well, we have a huge amount of tactics to choose from(here's a link to the tactic index:) 

I will however shamelessly suggest you to try this tactic I made:

I've been using it in the Bundesliga with Leipzeg and have won the league in my first two seasons. Plus you will play very attractive attacking football :)

Thank you! 

I already been using it, they found me out quite easily in the defence though..

Maybe I need to try another set of players in there? What set of players you used at Leipzig? 

5 minutes ago, drexeldesigns said:

Thank you! 

I already been using it, they found me out quite easily in the defence though..

Maybe I need to try another set of players in there? What set of players you used at Leipzig? 

Hmm have you tried switching all the instructions back to balanced? That should help make your defence more solid. 

As for players, I just try and get players that fit the roles as best as possible. But I do focus on players with high teamwork and physically strong players. (in fact I use 2 fitness and 2 motivational coaches for this exact reason. Fitness coaches improve the physical attributes of my players, while motivational coaches improve teamwork and leadership) 

Also, thank you for using my tactic! :)

Edited by RPA123456
6 minutes ago, RPA123456 said:

Hmm have you tried switching all the instructions back to balanced? That should help make your defence more solid. 

As for players, I just try and get players that fit the roles as best as possible. But I do focus on players with high teamwork and physically strong players. (in fact I use 2 fitness and 2 motivational coaches for this exact reason. Fitness coaches improve the physical attributes of my players, while motivational coaches improve teamwork and leadership) 

Also, thank you for using my tactic! :)

fair to say it's not quite working for me hahah

3-0 down after 52 minutes, my heaviest defeat yet

its so funny cuz you used the same tactics, beat wolfsburg 5-1, while im 3-0 down.. 

are my players that bad? am i doing something wrong? 😩 its becoming of the amount of times ive been down in the first 15 minutes lately, tried all kinds of formations

the attached files below were 8 matchdays ago, since then its all been downhill

only won 3 out of 8 games, lost 3 and drew 2.. conceding 14 goals

E5W027-P.jpg

jxXQ5foZ.jpg

JHqNHtZy.jpg

Hmm that does seem annoyingly unfortunate. I'm gonna start a quick Hertha career to see if there's anything in particular that's wrong, I'll be back with updates. 

Just now, 1759 said:

I don’t think you are doing badly at all looking at those results and the league table. 

I do now though haha 

I changed tactics as of late because I wasn't creating any clear cut chances in the games, especially a lot of the 0-0s, wanted something new

now I'm struggling a lot with the defence, everything since Hoffenheim 4-0 win has been awful 

0nkjlc-p.jpg

Just now, drexeldesigns said:

I do now though haha 

I changed tactics as of late because I wasn't creating any clear cut chances in the games, especially a lot of the 0-0s, wanted something new

now I'm struggling a lot with the defence, everything since Hoffenheim 4-0 win has been awful 

0nkjlc-p.jpg

not to mention the fact that in the Nurnberg game, I was 1-0 down after 5 mins, came back and then drew 2-2 

and in the Schalke game I was 2-0 down after 15 minutes and then came back to draw

Wolfsburg was just awful defending & not creating ANY clear cut chances even though I had 20 shots overall

LaaJn5Yp.jpg

Chances are that RB Leipzig are slightly better in defence than HERTHA. there are many great tactics in the section on this site, also better than the one your are trying out there. Take a look around, usually a solid 4231 will win you the Bundesliga :)!

Yeah you seem to have fallen off a cliff. Maybe your original tactic was working better. If you can get through the season ok I’d look to try and improve the squad in the summer.

31 minutes ago, AndersJ said:

Chances are that RB Leipzig are slightly better in defence than HERTHA. there are many great tactics in the section on this site, also better than the one your are trying out there. Take a look around, usually a solid 4231 will win you the Bundesliga :)!

my attempt in trying a solid 4-2-3-1.. 

way too annoying the way I either:

1) dont have a lot of shots so i can score

2) have lots of shots but no clear cut chances

3) have clear cut chances but dont take them

4) have clear cut chances and shots, take them but the defence turns to shit and lose like 4-2 

I'm just left clueless what am I supposed to do? I hired a gold attacking coach too, before this game

What else am I supposed to do? Am I missing something? Are the playerrs just not good enough?

Screenshot_20190328-014046.png

Screenshot_20190328-014040.png

Screenshot_20190328-014052.png

Screenshot_20190328-014057.png

Screenshot_20190328-014446.png

Although I haven't managed to play too many games as Hertha my experience so far has been quite positive...

I think that it's possible that you've simply run into a bout of bad form. It's happened to me when I played with Cardiff City before. Basically, once you've lost a few games in a row it becomes extremely hard to get positive results. It just a feature of the game really.

Also,i would advice you not to panic too much and keep changing players/tactics too much and just try to ride it out. 

Also you need too play Selke - with him in form and happy you have goals. Im no genius tactical, but did you try going control instead of attack? And if i was you i would hurry up and change the defensive setup unless all of your very offensive back Four needs desicionmaking, pace and potioning to run that setup in the back when you are to play top 6 german teams :)

12 hours ago, drexeldesigns said:

4) have clear cut chances and shots, take them but the defence turns to shit and lose like 4-2 

I'm just left clueless what am I supposed to do? I hired a gold attacking coach too, before this game

What else am I supposed to do? Am I missing something? Are the playerrs just not good enough?

Hi mate. Just a few suggestions on what i can see.

Your right wingback i would drop to a fullback as your BPD will move forward with the ball and your asking your right back to bomb forward causing a massive hole at the back maybe give that a try. Also maybe change you CM for DLP but make sure he has solid tackling and is strong aswell as creative.

Also your slow and predictable so up your tempo to normal an get rid of shoot on sight....you want balls in the box mate and if your player are awful at shooting then it wont help you.

Let me know how you get on bud.

Edited by Woody

UPDATE

so as I've seen I still struggled with any kind of 4-2-3-1, I went on to search other possibilities for tactics and found @Crashhart tactic in a 2-2-1-2-3 (4-3-3) shape

Tried it for the first time in the game against Leipzig (they are 4th, I am 5th), scored an early goal through an own goal from Orban and then in the last few minutes switched to a 4-1-4-1 to secure the win. Worked pretty decently.

Then I tried it once again against Fortuna Düsseldorf and I scored the most goals I ever scored in this save. 5-0, dominant win, with no clear cut chances created but a lot of headers and goals from out wide.

I will keep trying with this one, hopefully my season is revitalised after that horrible 7 game winless run..

The current XI:

Selke - Berghuis - Jastrzembski

Zaniolo - Kopke

Grujić 

Plattenhardt - Torunarigha - Starke - Lazaro

Horn

Screenshot_20190328-144748.png

Screenshot_20190328-144839.png

19 minutes ago, drexeldesigns said:

UPDATE

so as I've seen I still struggled with any kind of 4-2-3-1, I went on to search other possibilities for tactics and found @Crashhart tactic in a 2-2-1-2-3 (4-3-3) shape

Tried it for the first time in the game against Leipzig (they are 4th, I am 5th), scored an early goal through an own goal from Orban and then in the last few minutes switched to a 4-1-4-1 to secure the win. Worked pretty decently.

Then I tried it once again against Fortuna Düsseldorf and I scored the most goals I ever scored in this save. 5-0, dominant win, with no clear cut chances created but a lot of headers and goals from out wide.

I will keep trying with this one, hopefully my season is revitalised after that horrible 7 game winless run..

The current XI:

Selke - Berghuis - Jastrzembski

Zaniolo - Kopke

Grujić 

Plattenhardt - Torunarigha - Starke - Lazaro

Horn

Screenshot_20190328-144748.png

Screenshot_20190328-144839.png

That @Crashhart tactic is beastly btw. If you’re any good at putting a squad together you’ll own everything with that tactic 😍 👍

Just now, LenTheWelsh said:

That @Crashhart tactic is beastly btw. If you’re any good at putting a squad together you’ll own everything with that tactic 😍 👍

At the moment I'll start scouting & create a shortlist for the summer window

The first target is Tonali, then I'm thinking about new APs and some in the front 3

any suggestions? 

16 minutes ago, drexeldesigns said:

At the moment I'll start scouting & create a shortlist for the summer window

The first target is Tonali, then I'm thinking about new APs and some in the front 3

any suggestions? 

I wouldn’t want to get into giving you advice on specific transfers but I will say this - if you are struggling to know where to improve then look at your team report. Look for weak central (all but your WB’s in that formation) players. Find out who your 2 or 3 weak links are. If you consider them a weak link have they fully progressed and peaked or are they young with room to improve. Then I’d go change the older players with the lowest CA (Star rating) for someone younger and with room to grow and a better starting CA. For me buying a worldie BPD is always priority number one then I’ll look to improve my creative players. 

20 hours ago, drexeldesigns said:

You can always try my tactic - Double Destruction: Win the Prem with promoted sides. Sorry that was just shameful...

How about some other tactics by RPA, his tactics are really good 

2 hours ago, Gunners Rishi said:

How about some other tactics by RPA, his tactics are really good 

Aww thanks mate! 

But I'll have to admit that my tactics aren't really the best for instant results. You really have to find the right players and build the whole team up for them to work well. 

2nd UPDATE!!! 

@Crashhart tactic is still going strong!

After going winless in 7 games, I tested this formation & saved my season in the final part of 18/19

Now at the start of 19/20, with some aquisitions in the DLP, LWB and the two AP positions, the tactic is brazyy at the moment in pre-season!!

Will update you guys later on the season but I heavily recommend @Crashhart tactic 😃

Screenshot_20190329-011309.png

Screenshot_20190329-011345.png

UPDATE 3 (13 games into the season) 

Started the pre-season with a nice victory against 1860 Munchen, 4-1.  Went on to beat Ingolstadt in the next friendly 3-0 and then in the final pre-season friendly, I, amazingly, beat Napoli 5-1.

The proper season started with the 1st round in the German Cup against Gieben, won 6-0 confortably  (had 70% possesion, 25 shots, 16 on target and 8 clear cut chances).

• Struggled with a 1-0 win with a goal in the last minute of the 1st half against Hannover to start the Bundesliga season.
  • In the Monchegladbah game, I went up in the 8th minute, they equalised, then I took the lead, and then Selke, the best player of the pre-season and season got injured in the game, and they equalised in the 72 minute. Got 2 clear cut chances, with 4 shots on target and 9 shots in total. 
  • The Bayern game was a total disaster, I still don't know how to counter their 4231.. They had 17 shots, 13 on target and SEVEN clear cut chances. I had 2 clear cut chances, with 7 shots and 2 on target, absolute disaster..
  • I then went on a run where I shithoused wins, scoring 5 goals in 4 games, conceding 2. Including a game vs Spurs in the first group stage in Europa League.
  • I then went on a mad scoring run scoring TWLEVE (12) goals in 3 games, conceding 4 though. The Hoffenheim goal was an absolute peach, was 3-2 at HT

In some games, I alter between passing on Both Flanks and Centre. Usually against the best teams I played central, and in the other games I played in Both Flanks because I score the most goals by crosses with the front 3 being very clinical, and especially Grilitsch with his long shots

The middle 3 are playing absolutely beautiful football, the perfect balance. 

Credit to @Crashhartfor his tactic, seems amazing. Though, I still need instructions in what to do against the big boys haha

I attached the tactics & results below 

Screenshot_20190329-185147.png

Screenshot_20190329-185154.png

Screenshot_20190329-185202.png

Screenshot_20190329-185210.png

Screenshot_20190329-185355.png

Screenshot_20190329-185248.png

It seems to be going a lot better for you now.😀 You could have probably made this a career thread I would say as you are putting a lot into it. 😀

I personally wouldn’t worry too much about your results against the big boys yet, I’d just try to make improvements to your squad as best as you can and those results will hopefully come later.

Amazing results with Hertha! You have to go back to the late 90s before they were as good as you make them :)! Bayern are as crazy annoying in the game, as Juventus are it this season. Hard to beat, but this tactic really is open at the back and it is totally awesome for the likes of Bayern and others playing 4231 fx

Just got back online to see this, thanks for using the tactic!

@drexeldesigns I’m glad the tactics working well for you, I’m gonna try and have a tinker with my West Ham save to see if I can find a way to beat the big boys, might try it with the wing backs pushed back and a deep defensive line, 

thanks for tagging me and I look forward to your next instalment!

14 hours ago, AndersJ said:

Amazing results with Hertha! You have to go back to the late 90s before they were as good as you make them :)! Bayern are as crazy annoying in the game, as Juventus are it this season. Hard to beat, but this tactic really is open at the back and it is totally awesome for the likes of Bayern and others playing 4231 fx

Amazing results indeed, with some little cash only too! 

After that incredible result vs Leverkusen, went on to somehow lose my next 2 games but then went on a 11 game unbeaten run, just to lose 1-0 to Dortmund (still don't know how to setup against the big boys)

BUT I'm in the FIRST PLACE in Bundesliga, topping my Europa League group aswell and also into the next round of the German Cup. Halfway through the season now.

Devis Selke is absolutely killing it, I think he has 25+ goals halfway through the season, some of my other attackers have 10+ too.

My problem is that a lot of these games are lucky wins, or at least very close wins, which I don't like, doesn't install confidence hmm..

I'm not sure I'll win the league but I hope for at least a top 4 spot, hope I'll win the Bundesliga though, if I do, I'll move to a bigger club 😃\

7 points ahead of Bayern at the moment (I have a game in hand though), let's hope I do win it!! 😁

P.S: Still using @Crashhart tactic

Screenshot_20190330-140921.png

Screenshot_20190330-141015.png

Screenshot_20190330-141027.png

@drexeldesigns just looking again at the post, you’ve changed the attack to balanced instead of attacking, my West Ham save I didn’t have problems with the bigger teams, might be worth changing it back and having a look?

2 minutes ago, Crashhart said:

@drexeldesigns just looking again at the post, you’ve changed the attack to balanced instead of attacking, my West Ham save I didn’t have problems with the bigger teams, might be worth changing it back and having a look?

Ah ya, I usually use Attacking but against Lverkusen, I used balanced and won 5-0 haha, that's where the screenshot is from