Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Coaching Staff Boosts

As I'm about to show in my look at how a player develops, regular training development uses 5 points of the player's potential development points (Potential Ability - Current Ability). 

I've now found proof that the occasional boost that coaching staff give players they work closely with happens outside of the normal training development and does not use up any of the player's potential development points. It's effectively a free/bonus upgrade for the player. Here is an example. 

Chris Rush, a Fitness coach, is working closely with DeAndre Yedlin:

tulloch-part1-28.jpg.5927d4d37624f3bd34aafd830d67ea4d.jpg

You can also see that Yedlin feels he works well with Rush:

tulloch-part1-27.jpg.018a236f9fe686077b79faf7227d6a48.jpg

On the 15th September 2019, I got a News message that Yedlin was showing grit in training:

tulloch-part1-25.jpg.be490fdf75b99cc0d2e0cba5410eeaf6.jpg

When I checked him out, I saw that sure enough, both his Pace and Stamina had improved by a point:

tulloch-part1-26.jpg.ce89810cbac07ec11f70babda2069b6c.jpg

Great! Although... I'd normally like more than two point assigned when a player levels up... Wait, what's this? 

Here is Yedlin's CA on 31 August, BEFORE the improvement:

Spoiler

tulloch-part1-29.jpg.ac894e1a2ff8213e61421b1635fb5104.jpg

And here it is on 15 September, right AFTER I got the message and saw the improvement:

Spoiler

tulloch-part1-30.jpg.99007a5d43099ffdf120e6c514e3a90d.jpg

That's right, his CA is still the same. So this is not a normal training increment, this is a special bonus increment. Obviously it is related to the speciality of the coach, in this case Fitness, but the key point is that this is a free/bonus increment that doesn't use up any of the player's potential development points. Yay, more of these please!

Note, I've found that most News articles about a player's development are related to normal training updates, not these special ones, but every so often it will be one of these.

As far as I'm aware training has never influenced CA point growth, CA growth is all from play time/the experience system. 

I've just checked your career/experiment around this and each upgrade point he was in a position of earning experience from playing or being on the bench (bench is + experience). 

Vaguely interesting, but still flawed, gimmicky and ultimately pointless. Just use the training glitch it's much easier :P

What attributes would "improve" if the coaching speciality was attacking or defensive? It covers such a large range of areas. And motivational? There's nothing to change, although I accept there's some people who subscribe to the view that some hidden stat somewhere could improve by a point every 8 years (they're hidden for a reason).

4 minutes ago, Ashez said:

As far as I'm aware training has never influenced CA point growth, CA growth is all from play time/the experience system. 

I've just checked your career/experiment around this and each upgrade point he was in a position of earning experience from playing or being on the bench (bench is + experience). 

I think what I'm calling 'training points' is the same thing you are calling experience. Ie I'm talking about the progress bar shown after games and in the Training screen. Maybe I should call them experience points instead? 

Thanks for the link to your test. I think I have seen players level up on the progress bar even if they haven't played, but I haven't proved that. Maybe it's changed since your previous test with the new exposed training/experience system. I still have the 1 July save so I can load that, sign him again, take control of the friendlies and leave him out and see what happens. 

5 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Vaguely interesting, but still flawed, gimmicky and ultimately pointless. Just use the training glitch it's much easier :P

What attributes would "improve" if the coaching speciality was attacking or defensive? It covers such a large range of areas. And motivational? There's nothing to change, although I accept there's some people who subscribe to the view that some hidden stat somewhere could improve by a point every 8 years (they're hidden for a reason).

Training glitch? Not sure I know about that! Well apart from being able to train Aerial up using a montage...

Haven't proved it, but I'm assume the player would get an attacking boost if they had an attacking coach. Probably related to their position being trained or that they are listed at. So far I've only actually witnessed Motivational coaches improving Teamwork (and I think Decisions) and Fitness coaches improving the physical attributes...

I'll keep my eye out for proof for you! :P 

6 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Training glitch? Not sure I know about that! Well apart from being able to train Aerial up using a montage...

I think @AndersJ and @Nucleus know more about it than me, but from what I know you can have a player fully trained in a position (light green) and then retrain him again in that position even though he’s already natural in it and get a nice healthy stat boost to go with it!

5 minutes ago, samhardy said:

I think @AndersJ and @Nucleus know more about it than me, but from what I know you can have a player fully trained in a position (light green) and then retrain him again in that position even though he’s already natural in it and get a nice healthy stat boost to go with it!

Wow! Never seen that. Will have to try it. Although I'm still pre-winterupdate, so it depends if that's a new 'feature' or not... 

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

Thanks for the link to your test. I think I have seen players level up on the progress bar even if they haven't played, but I haven't proved that. Maybe it's changed since your previous test with the new exposed training/experience system. I still have the 1 July save so I can load that, sign him again, take control of the friendlies and leave him out and see what happens. 

@Ashez I have now tested this and in FMM19 players can earn experience points and level up without playing or being on the bench, and the level up does cause CA to increase. Here's a bunch of screenshots, let me know if I've missed anything.

I loaded the original 1 July save again and signed Tulloch again on the 4 July:

tulloch-part1-02.jpg.78e659cddb313eb853f3ad1362491403.jpg

His CA is still at 68:

Spoiler

tulloch-part1-01.jpg.c223a7cb55e449028d8180fa6f0d4019.jpg

When I check the Training screen immediately after signing him, I can see a slight bump straight away:

tulloch-part1-03.jpg.e12e1a5fba5296ce49d7ab126ff63364.jpg

Our first game is not until 14th July:

tulloch-part1-07.jpg.f81b16675f490e2edfb4499d9cf5f302.jpg

But already on 10th July, he's getting experience, presumably from training itself (so are some of the other players):

tulloch-part1-06.jpg.6a97c2faeb3b3fdec139b83c5b88cbfb.jpg

The 14th rolls around and we play our first game, with Tulloch not participating at all, not even on the bench:

tulloch-part1-09.jpg.2d4c436ffd131bc8bf64866f6088d7a4.jpg

tulloch-part1-10.jpg.27996c33b26cd675f3bbda58252c2c6f.jpg

I checked the training screen afterwards and no movement at all (which is to be expected): 

tulloch-part1-13.jpg.5963a3b7867bbd35bb68e92404d94fc3.jpg

Then a few days later (but before our second match), he levels up:

tulloch-part1-15.jpg.2262eef664cc68c6c345cd3301afed24.jpg

There is no news item for this, which is weird:

tulloch-part1-14.jpg.58f94dd1e525b2b095710a1301b950f6.jpg

But he has definitely levelled up:

tulloch-part1-16.jpg.a8f60c03ed19190a005e70c667b260a2.jpg

And his CA has now increased from the initial 68 above to 73: 

Spoiler

tulloch-part1-17.jpg.2a95589f8237ce70bb2ff395d07f07dc.jpg

So I guess they changed it when they redid the training system. That's my best guess anyway. 

Edited by Scratch
2 hours ago, samhardy said:

It is the way i boost my players, but i have not found out the reason why this is possible nor how it happens. But overall i find it really effective ;)

11 hours ago, AndersJ said:

It is the way i boost my players, but i have not found out the reason why this is possible nor how it happens. But overall i find it really effective ;)

Gonna keep an eye on this, thanks. Although not for my main striker, as I don't want to pollute my player development test... But that would be almost as good as the old £150M transfer bug...

On 22/07/2019 at 10:08, Scratch said:

Wow! Never seen that. Will have to try it. Although I'm still pre-winterupdate, so it depends if that's a new 'feature' or not... 

Brand spanking new feature that came alongside the conditioning “tweak” that @Marc Vaughan kindly implemented. I’d not intended to post it on the forums as it’s a guaranteed game breaker. @samhardy covered the glitch in his post above, I’ve seen posts on social media with players having as much as nine attributes at the full 20 simply by retraining them in a position they’re already natural in. As they’re already natural the retraining only takes a matter of days. Embarrassing to be honest 

36 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Brand spanking new feature that came alongside the conditioning “tweak” that @Marc Vaughan kindly implemented. I’d not intended to post it on the forums as it’s a guaranteed game breaker. @samhardy covered the glitch in his post above, I’ve seen posts on social media with players having as much as nine attributes at the full 20 simply by retraining them in a position they’re already natural in. As they’re already natural the retraining only takes a matter of days. Embarrassing to be honest 

It's not the first time either this type of bug has happened, on 2014 I think intensive training stacked if you moved club so you could create gods if you signed players, developed them, moved, sign them again. 

It's hilarious really as SI redid all the training stuff and made it a ballache to be "realistic" as the old version was OP (which it was) to allow this BS to sneak through. 

51 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

as much as nine attributes at the full 20 simply by retraining

This was an absolute lie from me, apologies. It’s actually no less than ELEVEN attributes at the full 20.

29D65079-7EE6-4EF5-BBD3-122BFC82B936.thumb.jpeg.3ef8f577f2ec078012de469e13d28fa1.jpeg

The lad who posted this was the one who discovered the bug so it’s legit

7 hours ago, Nucleus said:

Um wow! I do love all that green, but that would totally spoil the game. And make challenges pointless. That's a massive bug. Doesn't seem to happen in the pre-winter transfer version.

I'm hearing that there is a new update out now, I hope it fixes this too... I want to update to the current version, just not game to with all the issues since the version I'm on. Conditioning, transfers, now this...

6 hours ago, Ashez said:

It's not the first time either this type of bug has happened, on 2014 I think intensive training stacked if you moved club so you could create gods if you signed players, developed them, moved, sign them again. 

It's hilarious really as SI redid all the training stuff and made it a ballache to be "realistic" as the old version was OP (which it was) to allow this BS to sneak through. 

Yeah this is pretty bad... I didn't know about the 2014 bug either - never really been into IT for some reason. I used to tweak it a little and bump it up one session, but not the full on IT.

I actually like the new training system as I can totally shape players. Eg, if I have too many strikers, I'll take a young one that can be retrained as a winger and focus on crossing, etc until they are actually a winger (and not a striker who can play on the wing). I love that. But yeah, I know many people don't like it and this bug... makes it farcical.

At least I don't have it in my nice safe pre winter update version. Hope it's fixed in this new release. 

1 hour ago, Mr Tree said:

I tried that bug on my DT but got no effect at all... supporting my theory that some issues seem to be system-specific

Are you on Android? I'm not getting it on Android on the pre winter version. 

1 hour ago, Mr Tree said:

Yep, Android user here :)

Makes sense. It's probably an iPhone only 'feature'. Android users are clever enough that we don't need such help.... 😂