Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Finding regens

Hi guys I’ve never bothered to look into finding regens but want to start doing it now. Could anyone explain to me the best ways to look for specific players like Torres, Iniesta, Puyol, Essien and Kaka 

I normally send a youth scout to South America and see what comes back. 
Other than that, just search for 16/17 year olds and look through their stats, see if they relate to any of the above players you mentioned. 

Just now, Jsavfc said:

I normally send a youth scout to South America and see what comes back. 
Other than that, just search for 16/17 year olds and look through their stats, see if they relate to any of the above players you mentioned. 

Do the regens spawn in the league they retired in or their nation and how often do the world class ex players regens get added. Cheers as well 

1 minute ago, NoahLovedale said:

Do the regens spawn in the league they retired in or their nation and how often do the world class ex players regens get added. Cheers as well 

To be honest I have no idea. I have never been very good identifying the regens of former players. 

I know that some people look out for their nationality, footed-ness (left or right) and maybe some certain stats. 

4 minutes ago, Jsavfc said:

To be honest I have no idea. I have never been very good identifying the regens of former players. 

I know that some people look out for their nationality, footed-ness (left or right) and maybe some certain stats. 

Ok cheers 👍

18 minutes ago, NoahLovedale said:

I found 90% of them will be the same nationality. I mostly going to wait for around 6 months after the player’s retirement to find the regen. Sometimes the age also comes around 23-26. The rate to get old regens increases when the retired player is 40+ of age

pretty sure they regen in "their" nation. i think searching regularly by technique (15+) with the results sorted by age is a good way to get good regens, in general... tricky with specific players, though...

29 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

I found 90% of them will be the same nationality. I mostly going to wait for around 6 months after the player’s retirement to find the regen. Sometimes the age also comes around 23-26. The rate to get old regens increases when the retired player is 40+ of age

So when do the regens of players who are already retired come in 

3 minutes ago, NoahLovedale said:

They don't, I don't think. They're not in the database, so they won't be.

57 minutes ago, NoahLovedale said:

Hi guys I’ve never bothered to look into finding regens but want to start doing it now. Could anyone explain to me the best ways to look for specific players like Torres, Iniesta, Puyol, Essien and Kaka 

The simple way is to monitor their career by shortlisting them, check their current contract year as they retire at the end of the contract.

Look for footedness and Nationality similarities they usually Regen as same nationality, and rarely Regen as different Nationality, example I've seen Rooney as Italian but is very rare.

3 minutes ago, NoahLovedale said:

Some said after few season or months, but my find is Regen appears immediately the old player disappear from the game, after the processing Retirement and updating of career, I saw them even before I click update new season. Though some Nation update in different months.

My latest Regens are Sagna, Biglia, Yaya Toure, appear immediately. I'm currently waiting for handful of them in beginning of season three, Fab, Rooney, Ribery, Buffon, Alves, Modric, Ibra, alot of em. Season three, but Messi season 4, Ronaldo maybe 5.

Maximum age I've seen is 15-24

24 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

They don't, I don't think. They're not in the database, so they won't be.

Seems you misunderstood or is me

3 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

I’ve got Zlatan at the age of 26 and one of my friend got Ramos at 27

seems odd then, Damn would cry if I see Ramos above 17yrs

Edited by Don-x
3 minutes ago, Don-x said:

Seems you misunderstood or is me

First post asked for Torres, Puyol, etc... Then the post I replied to asked when "already retired" players will regen. They won't. They have to be in the game at the start and then retire in order to regen...

4 hours ago, Jsavfc said:

Cheers big help 

added 0 minutes later
3 hours ago, Don-x said:

The simple way is to monitor their career by shortlisting them, check their current contract year as they retire at the end of the contract.

Look for footedness and Nationality similarities they usually Regen as same nationality, and rarely Regen as different Nationality, example I've seen Rooney as Italian but is very rare.

Some said after few season or months, but my find is Regen appears immediately the old player disappear from the game, after the processing Retirement and updating of career, I saw them even before I click update new season. Though some Nation update in different months.

My latest Regens are Sagna, Biglia, Yaya Toure, appear immediately. I'm currently waiting for handful of them in beginning of season three, Fab, Rooney, Ribery, Buffon, Alves, Modric, Ibra, alot of em. Season three, but Messi season 4, Ronaldo maybe 5.

Cheers, but help 

3 hours ago, Don-x said:

Do the regens have the exact same preferred foot and positions? 

23 minutes ago, NoahLovedale said:

💯% yes on footedness, but he chooses one green primary position, the rest of the secondary position are random

Edited by Don-x
37 minutes ago, NoahLovedale said:

Positions no, they used to, but it seems this year they won't retain the exact same positions as the original player (used to be a tell-tale sign). They'll have one of the original players light-green positions, but any other positions could be different...

Edited by Mr Tree

imageproxy.php?img=&key=29906ed9e9968481

53 minutes ago, NoahLovedale said:

Two examples, Messi Regen came totally as Right winger, one of his favorite position was chosen while no random position chosen for him

But Gonzalo Higuaín came with his natural position, because maybe his original self doesn't have secondary position on the game, GK's always retain their position.

Lionel Messi.png

Gonzalo higuaín.png

Edited by Don-x

Best way of finding a regen? 

regen.jpg.0fd0bd1fdc5279a420b433aa70f115b8.jpg

😄  Spent the last couple of days building the "possible regen of" part of the app (still in development). Not perfect, won't pick up everyone, can't actually search on them (maybe later), but will help confirm it.

It matches on PA and left foot / right foot values (which never change), then strips out players who don't share at least one primary position (see note below), then if it finds matches with the same Nationality it will return those, if not, it will return players of other nationalities. 

On position matching: at first I made it that both players had to share one position that was full green (which is a value of 19 or 20), but I found a Rooney regen which didn't match unless I lowered it to 18 (dark green). So I've gone with 18 or over. I really thought it was full green only, but apparently not. 

One weakness is that although I can check if the player being shown is an original player or not, I can't check if the possible regen has retired or not (well I could but that would be a bunch of extra work), so it will show any player who is over 31 and who matches. In the ones I checked this hasn't given any false positives, so I will leave it like that for now rather than delay things perfecting that.

Also, to make it easier for the user, I am providing the list of original players to be matched against. That means the user doesn't need to provide the original first season save to build the list, but it does mean that it only works for players 24 and over at the start of the save. Anyone who is under 24 will likely have variable PA so there is no way to match that using a master list.

It also means that I am going to have to add two master lists, one for each database (the original one and the winter update one), because PA and apparently even foot value changes between them (the James Rodriguez regen didn't match because one foot had changed one point, the Messi one didn't match because original PA was 199, but after winter update it was 200).

Maybe I will investigate allowing the user to open a season 1 save and store the players from that. It will be more accurate and work for young players too (when they get old), it's just more complicated to do (both for me and the user).

Worth pointing out not all regens come back, some get broken up and their PA spread around, etc so you can't always find or regen or work out who their ancestor is.

Sorry about dumping all that on you, might not make sense for everyone!

As for when regens spawn (at least for me!):

• If they have the nationality of a loaded league, they normally go into the youth promotion queue for that nation. For example, if you have England loaded, Rooney will go into line to come through a youth squad. Sometimes that can take years (once I waited 4 seasons for Ashley Cole to come!). It does seem to the other loaded leagues as well, at least for me: I had to wait for Tim Cahill to come through in an Australian league (because I had that loaded), even though I was managing in Scotland.
  • If they have another nationality (ie not a loaded league), then they can come through anywhere from a couple of days to 6 months after the player retires. 

EDIT: Oh yeah, I don't think I've ever seen a regen older than 25 and that's pretty rare. I once had a 25 year old Messi regen, but it was too late for him to develop enough to hit his full potential... 🙁

Edited by Scratch
12 minutes ago, Scratch said:

😄  Spent the last couple of days building the "possible regen of" part of the app (still in development). Not perfect, won't pick up everyone, can't actually search on them (maybe later), but will help confirm it.

It matches on PA and left foot / right foot values (which never change), then strips out players who don't share at least one primary position (see note below), then if it finds matches with the same Nationality it will return those, if not, it will return players of other nationalities. 

On position matching: at first I made it that both players had to share one position that was full green (which is a value of 19 or 20), but I found a Rooney regen which didn't match unless I lowered it to 18 (dark green). So I've gone with 18 or over. I really thought it was full green only, but apparently not. 

One weakness is that although I can check if the player being shown is an original player or not, I can't check if the possible regen has retired or not (well I could but that would be a bunch of extra work), so it will show any player who is over 31 and who matches. In the ones I checked this hasn't given any false positives, so I will leave it like that for now rather than delay things perfecting that.

Also, to make it easier for the user, I am providing the list of original players to be matched against. That means the user doesn't need to provide the original first season save to build the list, but it does mean that it only works for players 24 and over at the start of the save. Anyone who is under 24 will likely have variable PA so there is no way to match that using a master list.

It also means that I am going to have to add two master lists, one for each database (the original one and the winter update one), because PA and apparently even foot value changes between them (the James Rodriguez regen didn't match because one foot had changed one point, the Messi one didn't match because original PA was 199, but after winter update it was 200).

Maybe I will investigate allowing the user to open a season 1 save and store the players from that. It will be more accurate and work for young players too (when they get old), it's just more complicated to do (both for me and the user).

Worth pointing out not all regens come back, some get broken up and their PA spread around, etc so you can't always find or regen or work out who their ancestor is.

• If they have the nationality of a loaded league, they normally go into the youth promotion queue for that nation. For example, if you have England loaded, Rooney will go into line to come through a youth squad. Sometimes that can take years (once I waited 4 seasons for Ashley Cole to come!). It does seem to the other loaded leagues as well, at least for me: I had to wait for Tim Cahill to come through in an Australian league (because I had that loaded), even though I was managing in Scotland.
  • If they have another nationality (ie not a loaded league), then they can come through anywhere from a couple of days to 6 months after the player retires. 

EDIT: Oh yeah, I don't think I've ever seen a regen older than 25 and that's pretty rare. I once had a 25 year old Messi regen, but it was too late for him to develop enough to hit his full potential... 🙁

Nice work @Scratch. You might also want a donate feature too. We’re all in Vibe would appreciate it.

7 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Nice work @Scratch. You might also want a donate feature too. We’re all in Vibe would appreciate it.

Hehe, the bad news is I'm probably going to charge a couple of dollars for it! 😄 I've spent 100s of hours on this now... But haven't decided for sure yet. Assuming I get it released in the next couple of months, definitely going to be discounted because so little time before FM21 (it will have to be a different app each year). 

1 minute ago, Scratch said:

Hehe, the bad news is I'm probably going to charge a couple of dollars for it! 😄 I've spent 100s of hours on this now... But haven't decided for sure yet. Assuming I get it released in the next couple of months, definitely going to be discounted because so little time before FM21 (it will have to be a different app each year). 

Android only or ios too? 

3 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Android only or ios too? 

Android only, at least to start with. I'm using technology that should let me build the app for iOS too, without too much extra effort, but I have no experience with that, so I'm expecting it to be a steep learning curve. I do want to work it out some time, but will depend on available time etc.

Haven't ruled out a web version, because I can see some benefits to that, and it's easier for me to build, but the major hurdle is uploading a 25MB file everytime you change the save!

10 hours ago, Scratch said:

Ibrahimovic retired and become an unemployed coach, what's the chances of finding his Regen.

I can't currently find it.

oops sorry!!

he appeared as early as 19th July retirement update. after retiring at be end of season.

I left his footedness and Nationality as my last search, it was an empty search before, but now it has one soul. Ibrahimovic.

Screenshot_20200521-160401.png

On 21/05/2020 at 02:45, Don-x said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=29906ed9e9968481

Two examples, Messi Regen came totally as Right winger, one of his favorite position was chosen while no random position chosen for him

But Gonzalo Higuaín came with his natural position, because maybe his original self doesn't have secondary position on the game, GK's always retain their position.

Lionel Messi.png

Gonzalo higuaín.png

how can regens player came with same name?

59 minutes ago, Taufik Ihsan said:

I think if you use the editor, you can change their name. Not 100% sure though

1 hour ago, Taufik Ihsan said:

It’s possible although the odds are very low since regen names are randomised according to the available name for that nationality