Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career CR7s Real good year

Only just discovered  the ' Badges' what a great way to formalise  myself with this years game .

Here is my attempt at the Badge of honour 6, Ronaldo scoring in a calendar  year.

CR7 Gets Real one last time  

You all know the drill by now. Buy Ronaldo, get him to January in good shape and in good form then blast away before  his legs completely  go.

First the transfers

bUdfjjR.jpg

WJuRMNd.jpg

The main man was bought for £90m plus Isco.

Real's squad is very one dimensional  so width was added by swapping Toni Kroos for Lemar and Bale plus a load of cash for Dan James. I cleared a load of high earners and in January I adjusted the budget to buy SM Savic. The squad were all complaining  of no strength  and depth. Signing  Savic made there exclamation  marks disappear  but not the red personal  messages unfortunately. 

January 2021

First off a big sorry. I forgot the picture on the 1st. I took it on the 2nd where sods law he had scored 3 in the days match. I have the save as I've only played the first half so far so I'm happy to provide all scoring fixtures if further proof is needed.

FHcWX2j.jpg

So thats really 22 goals in 16 games because of this on the 2nd. Sorry again....

Xw8F5UN.jpg

Had a good season. Lost to Man City in the CL Semis as Aguero went nuts scoring 7 in 7 shots over the two legs.

CR7 Held up OK but even subbing him at 45 if he had scored 2 or 3 or 60 at most still presented too many 'jaded' messages. Left him out of a few games but no injuries.  James, Asensio, Carva, Diaz all lost 4-6 weeks but hiring 2 preventative  physios  and a dedicated  fitness coach seemed to do the job. RONALDO played only 2 full 90 minutes. One before a week off and the last game of the season.

Here is how CR7 looks after the last match. Check out his form

pVsLgKh.jpg

and the important  reveal

eTv7yrg.jpg

Total 69 - 22 = 47

I went with the plenty of goals route rather than get him to have all the glory. CR7 only scored 47 of my 156 league goals. Just realised he missed 9 league  games. I knew I rested him a bit but not that much!

XNe28sa.jpg

Here's how the team did in season 1.

w5Gb5dA.jpg

wVHZ2Zm.jpg

Thanks for looking in. I will play the second part after work tomorrow  hopefully. 

Edited by billy2shots

Insane amount of team goals there mate, and not too shabby for Ronny either. Gl with the rest

EDIT: BTW, change tag to career mate. I did the exact same thing when I started mine 😉

Edited by Chris

A very nice start Billy. I’m approaching this in a similar way to you and just trying to get his game time right so that he’s scoring but not getting too tired or jaded. Easier said than done as you just want to get him on the pitch as much as possible but it seems it’s often better to be cautious and rest him.

Nice start mate. This is a tough old challenge that's given me headaches, but I'd say you'll make it no worries as long as he avoids any major injuries.  Good luck! 

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

Nice start mate. This is a tough old challenge that's given me headaches, but I'd say you'll make it no worries as long as he avoids any major injuries.  Good luck! 

It's funny isn't it, for such a simple challenge there is also a huge dollop of luck involved. 

I like to think I've done the best I can with my fitness coach, physio setup and game time management but that all means nothing if the game injuries CR7 for more than 4 weeks. 

6 hours ago, Ian said:

A very nice start Billy. I’m approaching this in a similar way to you and just trying to get his game time right so that he’s scoring but not getting too tired or jaded. Easier said than done as you just want to get him on the pitch as much as possible but it seems it’s often better to be cautious and rest him.

Looking back over the season, he scored at the same rate being subbed at 45 minutes every game before Jan 1st as he did playing a bit longer after Jan 1st. He scored 6 first half goals for me that didn't count in one game lol. 

Just leaving for work but may try and play a little if things are quiet at work. Really not sure how to go about this. 

Ronaldo is playing as a 3 to give him support. He's right in track but he only scored 32% of all the team goals scored. 

Should I risk tweaking things or play it safe and leave things alone. Decisions decisions. 

One thing is clear to me. Messi is a God. What an absolute banger of a record to have in real life. 

9 hours ago, billy2shots said:

It's funny isn't it, for such a simple challenge there is also a huge dollop of luck involved. 

I like to think I've done the best I can with my fitness coach, physio setup and game time management but that all means nothing if the game injuries CR7 for more than 4 weeks. 

Looking back over the season, he scored at the same rate being subbed at 45 minutes every game before Jan 1st as he did playing a bit longer after Jan 1st. He scored 6 first half goals for me that didn't count in one game lol. 

Just leaving for work but may try and play a little if things are quiet at work. Really not sure how to go about this. 

Ronaldo is playing as a 3 to give him support. He's right in track but he only scored 32% of all the team goals scored. 

Should I risk tweaking things or play it safe and leave things alone. Decisions decisions. 

One thing is clear to me. Messi is a God. What an absolute banger of a record to have in real life. 

No one has really come to any decent conclusion if it is better to score more goals with the main man getting a lower percentage or vice versa. I think both are equally viable, but as the game progresses you would start seeing better returns with just one up front; no facts to back that up though, just my theory

update

Managed to finish this tonight  after being caught up with covid shite at work (health care).

I wasn't entirely  happy with last season. My key players were a little disappointing  creativity  wise. I was desperate for a wide attacker and spent 2 hours going back and fourth between Jack Grealish and Sociedad's Oyarzabel.

In the end I bought 2 defenders lol. It turned out to be the best thing I could have done. My wingbacks are my biggest assisters in my tactic and Real's fullbacks  are far to defensive. 

NWVezmy.jpg

So Ronnie.

He finished looking like this

vzwLYCz.jpg

A little tip i thought of too late. To avoid too many red tired messages,  lower his training schedule. Unfortunately  I only did this with a month to go.

I took a big risk with 3 games to go. I rested him.......

I had a CL game coming up and I've learned he goes off the boil in the smaller games but goes bonkers in the big games. He repaid me brilliantly 

EzPxRTl.jpg

The final figures then,

4J5jF2Z.jpg

47 from season one + 33 up until December 11th, (unless another fixture is added before  the new year??????)

=80 goals.

I didn't like managing  Real and I hate Spain. Think this is my longest career  there since CM 98.

Well done mate, you’ve got that elusive badge! He done great. I also had him on light training but I did nearly from the start luckily.

Great effort mate. This challenge has a lot of people stumped (myself included) so kudos to you! Congratulations on the Badge and gl for the next! 

Thanks guys. 

I'm happy that it ran smoothly on attempt number 1. Some of the challenges just suite our individual tactics which help. 

Also I guess if helps when challenges are set up because of an effective tactic mentioning no names @Scratch Dortmund babes challenge 😁