Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career The Golden Boys | DLC

DLC

The Golden Boys

Hello, welcome to my second challenge attempt. I would have liked to have been slightly more active playing but I have recently became a first time father so my assistant manager has had me otherwise occupied!

I am taking on a challenge that I created recently and posted, you can find a link here.

Season One

Thierry Henry | 30 Goals

The Player:332823419_FM21Mobile_2021-04-02-21-39-37.thumb.jpg.c6dac53a9c61ac121f01f7cfda308435.jpg

This is the player I decided to use for this first season, Odsonne Eduourd of Celtic. I will mention this screenshot was taken at the end of the season hence his value and attributes.

1788105685_FM21Mobile_2021-04-02-21-39-40.thumb.jpg.3eb3dc3aedaad0dcb17cddc3be18bfba.jpg

I had to beat Thierry Henry's target and beat it we did. I have to say Edouard was sensational and consistent, he remained fit all season and improved well. I would highly recommend him for anyone looking for a prolific goalscorer, as I believe having more game time his goal contribution would have been extraordinary.

Competitons:887963201_FM21Mobile_2021-04-02-21-39-46.thumb.jpg.5ca71d539612eb4bfa5c353ed8833b0a.jpg

Premier League | The Premier League was a breeze as we managed to go unbeaten and win the league with many games to spare. I was very happy throughout the campaign, we were very consistent and solid in all areas of the pitch.

Carabao Cup | In the final of the competition we met Liverpool, who were stiff competition but we managed to beat them narrowly in a close encounter.

Champions League | In the final we met Inter Milan, after beating Club Brugge in the previous round. It was a very shakey game where we nearly lost sight of our opponent, but regained our composure and battled through eventually winning the game in extra time.

FA Cup | I was disappointed as this is the only game we lost this season and it was against the other half of the city. I felt we were hard done by in the game and I felt if we did progress we would have won the competition, so will deffintley be targeting the FA Cup in season two.

Transfers:

In:1443321968_FM21Mobile_2021-04-02-21-38-15.thumb.jpg.0eb5a8e722acd926d0b7089a393234a6.jpg

Out:995442432_FM21Mobile_2021-04-02-21-43-34.thumb.jpg.40e25a93cbf7c9c45f7340af494a2266.jpg

The plan was heading into season one make some changes, but leave the core of the team... I do not know at what point I lost sight of that plan but at some point clearly I did. I am very happy with the business done and it sets us in good stead for the coming seasons with minimal transfers necessary next season. I will look to bring in youth players if I can find some of standard and use our massive affiliate scheme to give them experience.

Scoreboard:

Season One | Odsonne Edouard | 44 PL Goals

Thank you for taking the time to read and I will hopefully get the following season out the way in the coming days. 

Edited by DLC

Thanks mate, only made a handful of signings but again the squad is even better and has more depth now so hopefully should be a breeze.

Great work mate. Eduourd is a strange one for me. I know he's very good, but I often play Celtic and one of the first things I do is sell him (because he is the player you get the most money for and I normally have another striker I want to buy). I really should use him sometime - he looks really good based on what you got out of him.

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

Great work mate. Eduourd is a strange one for me. I know he's very good, but I often play Celtic and one of the first things I do is sell him (because he is the player you get the most money for and I normally have another striker I want to buy). I really should use him sometime - he looks really good based on what you got out of him.

Thanks mate, yeah he was so good and he didn't even play in seven or eight PL games due to me trying to develop Delap. I would have liked him to develop abit more during his time with me but thats the only negative he was prolific to be fair.