Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Mentoring is confusing to me

Watchhands

As far as i know, mentoring is where old players teach/help young players improve a certain attributes like leadership,dribbling,teamwork etc. But it's also kind of confusing i need a bit more help to understand it

1) Why does some senior players,when mentoring a youth player can sometimes be happy,ok and sad? Is it because how bad he is at it or because he can't teach?

2) There's sometimes where some player have a bad progress at mentoring like for exampleIMG_20210926_131520.thumb.jpg.1e69f61f0f8f745ce3fc1a7835af72ee.jpgScreenshot_2021-09-26-13-15-26-912_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.59c2f69890c1a9a2e846a1466da63b16.jpg

Is it because his teamwork attributes? The thing is Hunter's teamwork attribute is 14. That wasn't so bad. Is it because the nationality? I have an English man mentoring a German kid who can't (still) speak English and can still improve well than these two who country lives near each other. Any help would be appreciated.

Before mentoring a player I look at what the assistant says, the best ones would say something along the lines of “perfect mentor” I never go with ones that say “not ideal” or whatever it says 😝

But to answer the question, what @Rich said. If it's not the perfect mentor then it will very likely end up like that.

I guess my other suspicion is if the player gets too good during the mentorship and gets close to the level of the mentor, they might feel like they have nothing left to learn - but that's just a suspicion.

On 27/09/2021 at 01:44, Scratch said:

But to answer the question, what @Rich said. If it's not the perfect mentor then it will very likely end up like that.

I guess my other suspicion is if the player gets too good during the mentorship and gets close to the level of the mentor, they might feel like they have nothing left to learn - but that's just a suspicion.

I have the same suspicion, and I think reputation might also factor into that. But - that doesn't mean we can't let them develop the attribute we want (even though it feels like exploiting a bug of the game). 

@Watchhands would you mind loaning that Murray guy out multiple times and see what happens? You can save it to a different slot to make sure your current save doesn't get impacted.  

Edited by eternalaurora