Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic The Transfer Thread

Ashez

G. van der Wiel to Chelsea. Rumours are we are making an £8m bid for him so the future looks bright at Chelsea FC with him, Hazard and Hulk. Now we just need Demba Ba or Papiss Cisse as back up for Torres and maybe get rid of Meireles for a natural back up to Rami - Dembele and we should be sorted (though I'd love 2 more - a DMC and versatile DC).

Edit: Apparently no contact :( - link.

Sad yet extremely happy, mixed feelings for sure but i can't help but think he could have moved somwhere bigger.

The Vargas story was BS then unless they mean Aquaman ;)

Green has rejected a new contract and will leave West Ham when his contract expires on the 30th June.

Used to be my favourite player, thanks for a great 6 years :)

Green has rejected a new contract and will leave West Ham when his contract expires on the 30th June.

Used to be my favourite player, thanks for a great 6 years :)

He did well for you. It is rumoured that he will go to WBA or Q.P.R..

He did well for you. It is rumoured that he will go to WBA or Q.P.R..

I think I also read Malaga somewhere

And Palace have agreed a deal for Portsmouth defender Joel Ward - looks to be a decent replacement if Clyne leaves for Newcastle.

There were also rumours of Kyle De Silva and Jon Williams going to Chelsea for £2m

Liverpool have also won the race to sign Birmingham starlet Foday Nabay.

Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United were also chasing the midfielder, who has been playing above his age group in Blues' Under-18s side.

Anfield scouts had been eyeing Nabay long before Rodgers' appointment last week, and watched the Sierra Leone-born prospect play for England Under-16s last summer.

Liverpool will have to pay Birmingham only £70,000 in compensation, due to a loophole in Nabay's contract at St Andrews

Can't say i've ever heard of him lol. Also i've got some bad news for Sunny:

Manchester United have agreed a deal to sign Japan midfielder Shinji Kagawa from German side Borussia Dortmund.

The 23-year-old needs to pass a medical and obtain a UK work permit, but the Old Trafford club expect both to be completed by the end of June.

It is thought the initial fee for Kagawa is around £12m, rising to £17m depending on success and appearances.

I will break down in tears of laughter if Shinji fails his medical or getting a work permit to play here in the UK :lol:

Not exactly bad news, expected it coming anyways. Now it's the problem whether Goetze will play in the middle or Reus. I'm hoping Goetze.

Gylfi Sigurdsson has told Icelandic newspaper Morgunblaðið that he does not expect to stay at Swansea City next season.

The 22 year-old midfielder says he would have liked to continue his career at the Liberty Stadium as he enjoyed it, but admits he's unsure where his future lies due to Brendan Rodgers' move to Liverpool. He also says a move to Swansea City is unlikely now due to him not knowing who the manager will be, as they still seek a replacement for the Irishman.

Sigurdsson said:

''It's just unclear at this moment where I come to a play. I'd like to play on with Swansea since I was really happy there, but after Brendan Rodgers left the club for Liverpool changed the situation for it,''

He also says he'd consider a move to Liverpool but he hasn't talked to Rodgers about a move to Anfield.

''I have said that my desire to continue playing in the Premier League and Liverpool is completely considered. Liverpool is a big club that has a glorious history. English Premier League is the platform that I want to be and hopefully is that I continue to play in that division.

I expect not to stay at Swansea as the uncertainty going on there and not clear who is boss,''

In response to a question asking if he had talks with Rodgers about joining him at Liverpool, Sigurdsson added:

''No, but I got in touch with him when he was appointed Liverpool manager. I wish him congratulations and thanked him for a great time at Swansea,''.

Also does anyone have any idea if the 12month deal with Swansea still counts if a player hands in a transfer request? There is alot of gossip today that Allen has handed in a TR in hope of forcing a move to Anfield. Just wonder if you lot thought there could be any truth init?

Ollie I doubt either will happen. Dispite Shinji having played only 60 Percent of games for Japan, Anderson had a lot less. We managed to blag him on age. We'll do the same for Shinji, as well as the fact he's going to be a first team player week in week out. This boy is world class. And he's proved it in a good league.

All we need now, is a destroyer and Baines then we're good to go.

Ollie I doubt either will happen. Dispite Shinji having played only 60 Percent of games for Japan, Anderson had a lot less. We managed to blag him on age. We'll do the same for Shinji, as well as the fact he's going to be a first team player week in week out. This boy is world class. And he's proved it in a good league.

All we need now, is a destroyer and Baines then we're good to go.

Have you lost interest in Clyne?

Baines? Am I one of the few people who don't rate him highly. I mean yeah he is good enough to play second fiddle to Cole in the England squad but that's because it's the left back position in the England squad. But for a Champions League team like United I wouldn't even bother, keep him at Everton where he plays good regular football.

I actually reckon he would be a good buy for Utd as he's their kind of full back, gets forward, causes problems for defenders and is solid defensively.

He's no slouch when it comes to set-pieces either ;)

United have Evra, they don't need Baines

But Evra is getting old, they need to replace him.

But I think replacing him with Baines is useless, Evra is 31, he could play until he is 35, another 4 years. Baines atm is 27, by the time Evra is 35 Baines will be 31

United have Evra, they don't need Baines

But Evra is getting old, they need to replace him.

But I think replacing him with Baines is useless, Evra is 31, he could play until he is 35, another 4 years. Baines atm is 27, by the time Evra is 35 Baines will be 31

Not really. If they buy Baines now then sell Evra, why would that be useless? I doubt Evra would last until 35 with the pace of current EPL wingers like Walcott, Lennon and so on, they'll have him for pace all day.

Baines is far better going forward imo, his crosses are lethal and he's not a bad dribbler.

Evra is a liabillity. If you actually follow Ubnited you'd see that his performaces have gone down hill big time.

I haven't watched United much this season Jay so I wouldn't know

Baines is class, i wanted LFC to sign him when he was at Wigan because i new he had a future just like i wanted Jag from Sheffield UTD and now both have become a real force at Everton :@, Baines would be class for Manchester UTD imo since as Jay said Evra has lost it.

Borussia Moenchengladbach have bought Branimir Hrgota, apparently a star in Sweden's Second Division. The new Zlatan? Anyone heard of him before? I heard Newcastle were interested.

Seems to have some skill...