Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic The Transfer Thread

Ashez

15 minutes ago, Woody said:

Im chuffed so far mate...could do with a top end striker though but the big one will be keeping hold of Lascelles really.

Oddly enough I've just said to my mate I'd try sort a deal to swap Origi for Lascelles lol

26 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Oddly enough I've just said to my mate I'd try sort a deal to swap Origi for Lascelles lol

😂 dont be silly.

I would of said yes to Origi untill they wanted £27m....£8m - £10m would of been more realistic.

1 hour ago, Woody said:

😂 dont be silly.

I would of said yes to Origi untill they wanted £27m....£8m - £10m would of been more realistic.

I expected us to want around £15m but I'll admit I laughed at the £27m request, however if Danny Ings is getting interest at £25m you can see some sense in it. I rate Origi and I like him but apart from that Europa League run where he was unplayable he hasn't really delivered. 

It doesn't help we don't really use a central striker but I am concerned we appear to be relying on Firmino, Sturridge and Solanke next season. Sure we have wide options who can cover but trusting Sturridge is risky and Solanke is very raw. When fit and on his day Sturridge is an elite striker with arguably the best finishing ability in the league but relying on his fitness make me nervous, especially if he's used sparingly as he's more likely to stay fit if used regularly. 

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

I expected us to want around £15m but I'll admit I laughed at the £27m request, however if Danny Ings is getting interest at £25m you can see some sense in it. I rate Origi and I like him but apart from that Europa League run where he was unplayable he hasn't really delivered. 

It doesn't help we don't really use a central striker but I am concerned we appear to be relying on Firmino, Sturridge and Solanke next season. Sure we have wide options who can cover but trusting Sturridge is risky and Solanke is very raw. When fit and on his day Sturridge is an elite striker with arguably the best finishing ability in the league but relying on his fitness make me nervous, especially if he's used sparingly as he's more likely to stay fit if used regularly. 

Sure....but i think thats why Klopp has signed Shaqiri. He'll rotate his front line now and i think you'll see Mane play central sometimes depending on who you play. 

Yeah I agree, I think we will see Mane or Salah occupying the central role from time to time, we now have the option of going 4231 with Sturridge or Shaqiri coming in. I do however think we'll stick to the 433/4222 we used last season if everyone is fit. 

This is by far the best LFC squad during my time supporting the club, Rafa had a world class first XI but never depth but this Klopp team has everything. It's took a while to shift from the crap Rodgers and Hodgeson added to the squad but now we're pretty solid. In an ideal world maybe I'd like a solid second CB but that's just being picky lol. 

29 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Yeah I agree, I think we will see Mane or Salah occupying the central role from time to time, we now have the option of going 4231 with Sturridge or Shaqiri coming in. I do however think we'll stick to the 433/4222 we used last season if everyone is fit. 

This is by far the best LFC squad during my time supporting the club, Rafa had a world class first XI but never depth but this Klopp team has everything. It's took a while to shift from the crap Rodgers and Hodgeson added to the squad but now we're pretty solid. In an ideal world maybe I'd like a solid second CB but that's just being picky lol. 

Lascelles would fit in there but he aint going anywhere!

If i was Klopp id go all out for Maguire! Imo Liverpool are Man City's closest rivals this season. Cant see anyone else getting close to be honest.

5 minutes ago, Woody said:

Lascelles would fit in there but he aint going anywhere!

If i was Klopp id go all out for Maguire! Imo Liverpool are Man City's closest rivals this season. Cant see anyone else getting close to be honest.

I'd rather Lovren to Maguire tbh. 

30 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I'd rather Lovren to Maguire tbh. 

Would you?   Ok fair enough.

Think Maguire is awesome and looks like Man Utd may end up getting him.

37 minutes ago, Woody said:

I agree with Ashez. I’d rather have Chris Smalling on one leg than Maguire

2 hours ago, Nucleus said:

Hell no....Smalling is pants....rather have Titus Bramble 😂 

Can't believe we could potentially get £27m for Mitrovic!!!

Lejeune looks like he will miss the season so we need another defender now!

Think we might go back in for that Mexican lad Diego Reyes.

14 hours ago, Woody said:

Lovren is a great CB he just has bizarre moments of madness that litter his game with mistakes. 

14 hours ago, Nucleus said:

I wouldn't go that far 😛

1 hour ago, Woody said:

Can't believe we could potentially get £27m for Mitrovic!!!

Lejeune looks like he will miss the season so we need another defender now!

Think we might go back in for that Mexican lad Diego Reyes.

Looks like Origi is yours then 😛

18 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Lovren is a great CB he just has bizarre moments of madness that litter his game with mistakes. 

I wouldn't go that far 😛

Looks like Origi is yours then 😛

From what i know looks like the Rondon move is almost complete.

1 minute ago, Woody said:

From what i know looks like the Rondon move is almost complete.

Nice I like him alot. Sure he doesn't score many but he works extremely hard. We were linked to him a lot in January lol

I think if he gets the right service he could hit 20 a season. Who knows. 

Id love to see Townsend back too, Chadli has been mentioned along with Palace but i think the Chadli to Palace deal would free up us taking Townsend back.

6 minutes ago, Woody said:

I think if he gets the right service he could hit 20 a season. Who knows. 

Id love to see Townsend back too, Chadli has been mentioned along with Palace but i think the Chadli to Palace deal would free up us taking Townsend back.

10 is a more reasonable target 😛

Not Townsends biggest fan but you could do with some pace tbf. 

58 minutes ago, Ashez said:

10 is a more reasonable target 😛

Not Townsends biggest fan but you could do with some pace tbf. 

For us 10 would be an upgrade.

Townsend was brilliant for us in his 4 months but Rafa knew how to get the best out of him.

Looks like the Rondon deal is going through with Gayle as make weight.

Will be chuffed with that...Rondon and Muto upfront this season. Canny wait 😆

I don't believe for a second Pogba is going to Barcelona but imagine if he does! Looks like the wheels are falling off Jose's bus!

27 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I don't believe for a second Pogba is going to Barcelona but imagine if he does! Looks like the wheels are falling off Jose's bus!

Who cares!! Toon signed a striker 😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😲😍

Chelsea aren't a shit club, I'm not particularly keen on them but they're better than the likes of Arsenal and City. Best home atmosphere out of the "big 6" in England and probably have the most real fans out of them as well, they still have a core of their support from when they were shit unlike United, Liverpool, City who's grounds are made up of tourists on match days.

Agreed, Chelsea are an absolute shite manufactured club who would have zero titles without Romans money.

Edited by Mikee1984
2 hours ago, Mikee1984 said:

Agreed, Chelsea are an absolute shite manufactured club who would have zero titles without Romans money.

Isnt that the same with most clubs though. Without financial backing you dont stand a chance in todays game.

Im not a fan of Chelsea either.