Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

Finally realised what Utd really need, and should've happened this transfer window.

With all the crap they're going through post Fergie, and the extremely dodgy window they've just had, they would really have benefited from a stand out player, a talisman. Not breaking their transfer record on one of the best playmakers in the world, or borrowing one of the best strikers in the world. But the best player in the world. Utd should have done themselves a massive favour, and bought the best player in the world. God knows they've spent the money questionably which could have been spent on the best in the world instead. Save the remodelling for next year once the best player in the football has reaffirmed your status at the peak.

If only the best player in the game had a place in his heart for the club, and actually owed his whole career to them....

Posted Image

That is pretty interesting, I'd have money in him not signing with Utd after this season, but if they miraculously qualify for CL, I'd double that bet.

CR7 back to Utd, it will happen at some point, I was just pointing out that it should've happened this window.

I agree it is likely to happen but for it to happen this season would be madness imo, a few more years and it's more likely.

I'd like to see him jump to another league first, just so he can prove even further his the best player of a generation, he'd destroy Italy!

That's all fine, him returning to utd when he's good and ready, but what's the harm in him going back there and using the skills he developed there, to help them out of their problems now?

That's my feelings on it anyway, as it happens it'll be another season in Spain scoring goals for fun (though it must have lost it's fun by now??)

Ronaldinho linked with Basingstoke, in the conference south, amongst others including the Indian superleague. I think we can safely say Basingstoke shouldn't keep their hopes up.

So after years of bugging Wenger for the chance to play central, Walcott was given the chance and impressed massively. Then got injured. So as he's getting closer and closer to a full recovery, Wenger will have both Walcott and Welbeck pestering him to not be put out wide.

Which one would you guys have central?

Hmm, i don't know tbh, I think that Welbeck needs a few games to accommodate with the other guys, but, as a Gunner, I'd rather see Walcott there.

The problem is Theo comes after a long-term injury, so he will need a few games too...

Rodgers already making excuses for Balo: "He was ill and declared himself fit on matchday"

6 months down the line, "he was bored and the youth players didn't mind"...

And you said me calling the Villa defeat was thinking negative :P

What Rodgers meant to say is "I screwed up and played a formation which has never worked well for us in the past and we left him isolated."

whenever we have a lone striker he leave them isolated, even with Suarez up top by himself he was isolated, Lambert should have started with Balo at the weekend or at least came on with time to make a difference ( Borini did himself no favours at all)

Naa I wasn't being negative tho, everyone knows I love players with a bit of a mean streak. It means trouble but they have a certain flair that nobody else has. Suarez, Balo, Bellamy, Cantona and of course, Joey Barton.

I agree with you on the tactics. I wouldn't mind seeing Borini and Balo together, that match could've been a tester seeing as we didn't have many other options. Opting for Balo alone doesn't sound mouthwatering.