Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic English football

Davis

A deserved title win for Man City for sure and I’ve enjoyed watching them again this year. I haven’t enjoyed watching football without fans tbh. But Manchester City this season I have been able too. 

I think the big one for you guys is the champions league and it needs to happen now. But Chelsea have got your number at the minute. Will be a tense and very interesting final!

Certainly would have rather played Real than Chelsea that's for sure. 

I'm hoping that making 8 changes in the first defeat against them and 9 in the second (or was it 7&8) could give a false positive and we will be better this time around. I also know Chelsea made a few changes but not half as many as we did.

Hoping for a bit of Pep inspiration. Sometimes he tinkers too much but it's very much needed now. Chelsea won't change as they are very rigid in their system under TT so Pep has had two games to figure them out 

Off Topic. Phil Foden. Obviously I'm biased but the kid is different gravy. I'm only surprised that he's not talked up more.

Today I read a G Nev story saying he was the best young talent since Rooney. SINCE, so in G Nev's opinion Rooney was better. I'm sorry but Rooney was great and his work ethic on the pitch was class (so is Foden's) but technically Foden is playing a different game to young Wazza.

That's obviously viewed through my blue glasses so over to you guys.

20 year old Rooney or Foden as he is now?

37 minutes ago, Woody said:

Rooney was our last best talent is what he is saying. Foden is the next big talent.

You see I think G Nev is having a sly dig.

Best talent since Gazza would mean better than Rooney. Best since Rooney reads exactly that, since and not including. 

Joe Cole for me.

I joke. Foden and Rooney are such different players. I’m just excited that England have Foden, as well as Mount, Grealish, Sancho, and other excellent young talent.

I remember the buzz around Rooney when he came about and it was massive buzz so I can see why Neville compared it to Rooney and let’s me honest Rooney is England’s top ever goal scorer, Foden is so good but still so young, so I think it’s a fair comparison IMO.

45 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

You see I think G Nev is having a sly dig.

Best talent since Gazza would mean better than Rooney. Best since Rooney reads exactly that, since and not including. 

😂 what is it with you Mancs? I dont think he was having a dig. 😂😂

Perhaps the real issue is I never rated Wazza that highly so I'm bemused why the tag "best since  Rooney' was even used apart from G Nec knowing exactly what he was saying and being a bit cheeky. 

Hard working, team player but I never bought into the hype. Physically strong and confident in all he did but never in the top 5 or 10 in the world in my opinion. Phil on the other hand will be competing for the Ballon d'or regularly, again in my opinion.

Foden is excellent and as long as he stays fit will definately get his rewards. Look a Jack Wilshire....pure class but injuries took its toll and he ended up just an average player.

Rooney was world class imo. Man Utd's all time top scorer and Englands all time top scorer! He wasn't a dribbler like Foden but that doesnt mean he wasnt as good.

You can't compare them as they played in different positions for starters. Shearer for me is the best striker the Prem has had but others will think Henry or maybe you think Aguero is.

1 hour ago, Woody said:

Foden is excellent and as long as he stays fit will definately get his rewards. Look a Jack Wilshire....pure class but injuries took its toll and he ended up just an average player.

Rooney was world class imo. Man Utd's all time top scorer and Englands all time top scorer! He wasn't a dribbler like Foden but that doesnt mean he wasnt as good.

You can't compare them as they played in different positions for starters. Shearer for me is the best striker the Prem has had but others will think Henry or maybe you think Aguero is.

I agree with that. I do think at points in his career Rooney was world class but certainly not throughout and he wasn't quite sitting at the very top table of elite players (again only my opinion). 

Trying to judge the 'talent' of one player compared to another of a different position is not easy.

Sometimes even comparing the same position is hard e.g Wan-Bissaka Vs an attacking fullback.

It's much easier to understand that Kyle Walker is better than TAA as they play the same role. 

Just looking at various different attacking attributes I think Foden is ahead of 20 year old Rooney in more areas than Rooney is ahead of Foden. 

29 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

I agree with that. I do think at points in his career Rooney was world class but certainly not throughout and he wasn't quite sitting at the very top table of elite players (again only my opinion). 

Trying to judge the 'talent' of one player compared to another of a different position is not easy.

Sometimes even comparing the same position is hard e.g Wan-Bissaka Vs an attacking fullback.

It's much easier to understand that Kyle Walker is better than TAA as they play the same role. 

Just looking at various different attacking attributes I think Foden is ahead of 20 year old Rooney in more areas than Rooney is ahead of Foden. 

For me. Defensively, Wan-Bissaka is better but TAA and Walker are far better attacking wing backs. It all depends on who plays infront of them. 

Man Utd win tonight and I think that’s everything in the prem already done, can’t see anyone changing what the top 4 is currently unless Liverpool win tonight. Could be a boring last couple of weeks.

12 hours ago, billy2shots said:

Massive and admittedly unexpected win that, top 4 chances now back firmly in our hands. 3 wins and it should be ours (GD could come into play), thank god Chelsea play Leicester and they both can't win that 😂

Be typically of this season though if we blow it against West Brom on Sunday 😂

40 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Are United missing a first choice CB? Think Neville has said that a thousand times. Wish I could relate. 

You couldn't tell on the pitch though 🤦‍♂️ so shaky defensively. Yous might be without Van Dijk, but at least yous don't have to choose Lindelof. 

Shows how good Maguire is, not least for the organising and communicating skills, Bailly and Lindelof were lost as a partnership. 

Entertaining match and I'm glad to see TAA have a great game, just a pity it was against us. Thiago is so elegant on the ball, passes the eye test big time. 

Ole got the team wrong, Pogba should have been deeper and Rashy out left, hes lost on the right, McFred are the worst duo we've had for a long time, Scott works hard, but Fred is just clueless, I'm starting to doubt if he's Brazilian at all.

Can't fault the effort, but defence was all over the shop and with a bit of luck we might have snatched a point back. But better team definitely won. 

3 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

Yous might be without Van Dijk, but at least yous don't have to choose Lindelof. 

Seriously? We've just played Phillips who's like 5 or 6th choice, who was in the second division of Germany last year and a kid who was playing in the 6th tier of England last season. But obviously that's so much worse than a £35m signing from Benfica 😂

VVD, Gomez, Matip, Kabak and Davies are all injured CBs in our squad, you've lost Maguire 😂. Lindelof actually cost more than Gomez, Matip, Kabak, Davies, Phillips and Williams combined 😂.

Obviously I'm half teasing and I know what you're saying but bloody hell I wish we were "just" missing VVD. If we had Gomez and Matip all season you lot wouldn't be second 😂

27 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Seriously? We've just played Phillips who's like 5 or 6th choice, who was in the second division of Germany last year and a kid who was playing in the 6th tier of England last season. But obviously that's so much worse than a £35m signing from Benfica 😂

VVD, Gomez, Matip, Kabak and Davies are all injured CBs in our squad, you've lost Maguire 😂. Lindelof actually cost more than Gomez, Matip, Kabak, Davies, Phillips and Williams combined 😂.

Obviously I'm half teasing and I know what you're saying but bloody hell I wish we were "just" missing VVD. If we had Gomez and Matip all season you lot wouldn't be second 😂

I was being half mellow dramatic, half taking the piss. It was a dig at my own club because he is our 2nd choice CB and I wouldnt trust him at any PL team that had any sort of ambitions above not getting relegated. Its so depressing that Ruben Dias replaced him at Benfica. 

Can't believe yous got 6 CB's for less than a Lindeloaf, that's a testament to your recruitment team really. 

TAA certainly had a cracking game @Ashez

I guess Southgate needs to think about how many opposition teams we will play where TAA can have a free role. 

Pogba playing infield mostly and not matching up when he eventually got left meant TAA and Salah double teamed Luke Shaw until he saw stars. 

i missed most of the second half as I was working on something so was only half watching but didn't UTD score by Radford switching to the left and exposing TAAs channel? I only saw the finish and not the build up or reply so TAA may have been subbed at that point for all I know. 

Exposing Liverpool down their right seems to be a trend so does Southgate want someone who can defend or yet another person (6 or 7 right sided attackers knocking on the door of the national squad) who can attack from the right.

With the extended squad I personally think TAA will make it in. 

Edited by billy2shots
6 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

TAA certainly had a cracking game @Ashez

With the extended squad I personally think TAA will make it in. 

If Southgate could only bring 2 right backs, TAA has to be one of them, it's a toss up between him and Walker for me 

15 minutes ago, Aaron Thornton said:

If Southgate could only bring 2 right backs, TAA has to be one of them, it's a toss up between him and Walker for me 

Certainly a nice dilemma to have. AWB full defence, TAA full attack , James and Walker a bit of both. He also loves Trippier and with Atleti going well in the league who knows. 

Edited by billy2shots

Scott Carson started for Man City tonight, unbelievable, he looks so much older than 35 😂

Luckily for him he probably won’t face many shots 🙈

5 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Looks like Newcastle have scored. @Rich will be devastated!

Hey I’m all for this good run of form😝

I just think it’s more Graeme Jones than Steve Bruce though!

Shelvey unlucky with the free kick, could be 2-0 here.