• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davis

Off Topic English football

Just now, Aaron Thornton said:

I knew excercise is bad 

For sure! Would have loved to have seen chelsea concede 5 live 👎🏻 

City away at a title rival. Pep starts with Gundogan, Sterling, and Foden on the bench. City are ridiculous.

added 0 minutes later
1 hour ago, Rich said:

For sure! Would have loved to have seen chelsea concede 5 live 👎🏻 

Newcastle concede plenty - I am fairly sure you’d get your ‘goals against’ fix there.

1 minute ago, Rob said:

City away at a title rival. Pep starts with Gundogan, Sterling, and Foden on the bench. City are ridiculous.

added 0 minutes later

Newcastle concede plenty - I am fairly sure you’d get your ‘goals against’ fix there.

You wait until tomorrow when Newcastle turn up and destroy Tottenham and then go down Weymouth and graffiti the stadium.

37 minutes ago, Rich said:

You wait until tomorrow when Newcastle turn up and destroy Tottenham and then go down Weymouth and graffiti the stadium.

You tell him Rich!

1 hour ago, Rich said:

You rabble would get travel sick coming this far South.

23 minutes ago, Woody said:

You tell him Rich!

Team England is falling apart.

54 minutes ago, Rob said:

You rabble would get travel sick coming this far South.

Team England is falling apart.

Club rivalry mate....England is forever! 😉

I genuinely feel like klopp has a system that will always work if he can get about 60% of what he wants in terms of quality of player.

Keep him for as long as he wants to stay as far as I’m concerned.

He screwed up this season in playing Jota in a dead game where he got a long injury and by sticking with Fabinho at CB. He was excellent at CB as we discussed but it cost us so much in midfield. Yet he wasn't to know Phillips was going to be decent, even if I still think he's incredibly over hyped as even today a few times he made me nervous with his positioning. They've done well don't get me wrong but I don't think he's good enough, especially when everyone is back. 

I'd stick with Kabak (really starting to like him) and Phillips but I'd flog Phillips in the summer when some sucker will pay £8-15m which will basically buy Kabak. 

Get the lad from Leipzig done, then have him, VVD, Gomez, Kabak and Matip next season. 

After such injuries we don't know how VVD and Gomez will cope, so have two solid options (Konate + Kabak) and Matip as a bonus if he's fit imo. We've then got two older CBs and three young ones with Gomez. 

What's the score? I've been wandering about the house in utter disbelief that Joelinton scored a goal.

I jest. Spurs look so shakey at the back. Our own uselessness is the only reason we're not winning this, FFS!

Just now, Dai_ said:

What's the score? I've been wandering about the house in utter disbelief that Joelinton scored a goal.

I jest. Spurs look so shakey at the back. Our own uselessness is the only reason we're not winning this, FFS!

Dubravka at fault for 1st one. He has been shit since he came back in. God knows why Darlow isnt still in the 1st eleven.

Really decent 1st half just need to keep going. 

This is so typical, first game I miss this season as it’s my mums birthday and it sounds like we had a really good performance? 

1 minute ago, Rich said:

This is so typical, first game I miss this season as it’s my mums birthday and it sounds like we had a really good performance? 

Alot better mate. Longstaff was shit but everyone else put a shift in. Even Joelinton played well.

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Could be a massive point. We MUST beat Burnley next or it means nothing though.

3 hours ago, Rob said:

You played Spurs lads - I wouldn’t get too overjoyed with the result 🤪

We could have played anyone and we would be happy if we play well tbh 😂

48 minutes ago, JamesVilla said:

@Rich @Woody @Dai_ your welcome boys. 

I was fearing the worst when it was 1-0, but well done and thank you for bringing it back 😝

57 minutes ago, JamesVilla said:

@Rich @Woody @Dai_ your welcome boys. 

You had me worried for a while. Grealish is such a massive miss for you (that's an understatement) and until the substitutions you didn't look like scoring really. Trezeguet is my hero, for now. 😉

27 minutes ago, Woody said:

We thank you 👏

Maybe it would be better if you went down though as if you stay up Ashley will keep Bruce in charge and just prolong your agony as you go down next season instead.

1 minute ago, FuddledFox said:

Maybe it would be better if you went down though as if you stay up Ashley will keep Bruce in charge and just prolong your agony as you go down next season instead.

Probably but i think there is more chance of the club being sold if we stay up.  Honestly, I'm torn over it!

@JamesVilla what’s your thoughts on this?

I can see why they might be interested in Gerrard because of him being a big name and he’s done a reasonable job at Rangers but how much has Dean Smith actually done wrong and how much more can someone like Gerrard achieve at the club.

2 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

@JamesVilla what’s your thoughts on this?

I can see why they might be interested in Gerrard because of him being a big name and he’s done a reasonable job at Rangers but how much has Dean Smith actually done wrong and how much more can someone like Gerrard achieve at the club.

Im calling BS on this. There are some fans calling for Smith to go, claiming he has taken us as far as he can, especially when Jack isnt playing, but no chance. Especially with the supposed easing of FFP this summer, we can spend big. 

Smith, has had downfall of his own success. We were promoted a year earlier than 'planned' and his success at the first part of this season, gave a portion of fans the expectations of challenging for top 4/6 (aka West Ham) but, considering how we only just stayed up last season, mid-table is a vast improvement. We are still 3/4 good players away from a team who can challenge for those European places. 

I do have my doubts about how long Smith will actually last though, some of his methods re subs & a back up plan can be abit suspect at times, but he has done an fantastic job with the players available for him so far. 

Personally, I would be gutted to see him go, for once we have actual Villa fans at the heart of the club. A captain, a manager. Not many clubs can say that. Id argue that Smith is a key reason why someone like Grealish, and Ollie Watkins are actually still/joined the club.