Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic European Football

Eoin

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

When I awoke this morning the first words I uttered was "alllll round the fields of Anfield road", that song stuck in my mind all morning and every time I hummed, whistled or sung those famous words I started to believe more and more. Admittedly I thought I was setting myself up for heartbreak but that song inspired hope which I carried throughout. 

This team is beyond words. 

Honestly after last night I just thought that was going to be our season over. Thought we’d win tonight but not get the job done after the robbery of last week. 

I just wish our fans could put up that kind of atmosphere for every league game at Anfield.

Hopefully we can get Salah and Firmino fit for the final now and hopefully Robbo isn’t too bad.

Also I’m not convinced hendo was 100% ok there with his knee but Gini is my boy and if I had a daughter I’d be more than made up she brought him home.😀

5 minutes ago, 1759 said:

Honestly after last night I just thought that was going to be our season over. Thought we’d win tonight but not get the job done after the robbery of last week. 

I just wanted to fight regardless, I'm so proud of these lads. 

5 minutes ago, 1759 said:

I just wish our fans could put up that kind of atmosphere for every league game at Anfield.

I agree yet at the same time it would become less special. Also take the Rodgers title challenge when we got too carried away, I think it's helped us this year we've stayed grounded. 

6 minutes ago, 1759 said:

Hopefully we can get Salah and Firmino fit for the final now and hopefully Robbo isn’t too bad.

Agreed! Salah should be sound but I dunno about Bobby/Robbo. Harsh to drop Origi though, that's the Origi I've always seen as possible, our Europa League run Origi before Everton crooked him. 

7 minutes ago, 1759 said:

Also I’m not convinced hendo was 100% ok

He was immense tonight, I love him further forward as we've discussed before. 

8 minutes ago, 1759 said:

Gini

The unsung hero of the season, he's been quality all season yet so underrated

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

I agree yet at the same time it would become less special. Also take the Rodgers title challenge when we got too carried away, I think it's helped us this year we've stayed grounded. 

Yeah it can work that way and be a negative. When it’s quiet though and someone makes a slight mistake you can hear Ohhs and Ahhs and it can transmit onto the players but this past couple of seasons you can see it hasn’t impacted the boys as we’ve been great at home.

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Agreed! Salah should be sound but I dunno about Bobby/Robbo. Harsh to drop Origi though, that's the Origi I've always seen as possible, our Europa League run Origi before Everton crooked him. 

Yeah I think the Bobby injury that was reported on Twitter originally was pretty accurate and we played it down. Still have hope he can make the final though. 

Origi was great in that run in and I’m happy to have him especially if he’s happy being sub for most games.

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

He was immense tonight, I love him further forward as we've discussed before. 

Yes I hate the criticism he has gotten from a lot of Liverpool fans. It’s nothing new either as I’ve heard that Ronnie Whelan got it too in the eighties. They both usually played the holding role and did their job fine and I’ve heard people moaning about hendo not passing forward enough but it’s not what I’ve been watching. Hendo in the six position does fine, he switches flanks as often as it’s on and plays it safe when needed. I prefer him further forward but he does the job wherever imo.

Edited by 1759
24 minutes ago, 1759 said:

Yeah I think the Bobby injury that was reported on Twitter originally was pretty accurate and we played it down. Still have hope he can make the final though. 

The 1st of June gives him a few weeks to get firing at least. 

24 minutes ago, 1759 said:

Yes I hate the criticism he has gotten from a lot of Liverpool fans

I've always defended and rated him, that part of the fan base drives me crazy! He's good captain and player. He is alot better at the 8 like he was under Rodgers but he's no Gerrard, as the base he does okay but it wasted him a little. 

38 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I've always defended and rated him, that part of the fan base drives me crazy! He's good captain and player. He is alot better at the 8 like he was under Rodgers but he's no Gerrard, as the base he does okay but it wasted him a little. 

I get the feeling that Klopp by his recent comments also feels he offers much more going forward. 

I think Henderson was one of a few that Rodgers got right and we really missed him when he got suspended for the crunch games in 2014.

Gerrard was the ultimate player that would do a job for you in arguably every position on the pitch. Yes he had his moments of disaster but I’ll be surprised if I see better in a Liverpool shirt.

I said before that I thought one of our players should give it to Suarez if they were going to go through but this feels so much better.😀

Edited by 1759

Guys give some respect to luis suarez for not celebrating today👏👏👏😂😂😂

Edited by Ran7777
2 hours ago, Ran7777 said:

Guys give some respect to luis suarez for not celebrating today👏👏👏

He had nothing to celebrate that’s why 😂

Wow, Liverpool!

added 0 minutes later

4-0

added 0 minutes later

Liverpool, well done Jesus christ

added 0 minutes later

Incredible

added 0 minutes later

Ajax Vs Liverpool, that’s the dream

9 hours ago, 1759 said:

think Henderson was one of a few that Rodgers got right and we really missed him when he got suspended for the crunch games in 2014.

Remember Rodgers attempted to swap Hendo for Clint Dempsey, Rodgers was a fool who got lucky to have an inspired Suarez. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9662510/Liverpools-Jordan-Henderson-was-shocked-to-be-told-he-could-leave-Anfield.html

I don't want to undermine what Rodgers achieved which was one good season then transfers that set us back 5 seasons, yet from everything I've read he didn't have a clue. The 3 at the back so Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling could run riot was suggested by Pep Lijnders who's now Klopp's assistant. 

That season was the beginning of the end as he got too much power transfer wise and blew it completely. 

Now look at Klopp/committee signings and we're in a different league. Klopp trusts the committee who signed Salah, Robbo, Fabinho and Allison while Klopp pushed for Mane and VVD 

This is the XI Rodgers sent out vs Madrid ffs

_101740036_liverpool2014.png

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Remember Rodgers attempted to swap Hendo for Clint Dempsey, Rodgers was a fool who got lucky to have an inspired Suarez. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9662510/Liverpools-Jordan-Henderson-was-shocked-to-be-told-he-could-leave-Anfield.html

I don't want to undermine what Rodgers achieved which was one good season then transfers that set us back 5 seasons, yet from everything I've read he didn't have a clue. The 3 at the back so Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling could run riot was suggested by Pep Lijnders who's now Klopp's assistant. 

That season was the beginning of the end as he got too much power transfer wise and blew it completely. 

Now look at Klopp/committee signings and we're in a different league. Klopp trusts the committee who signed Salah, Robbo, Fabinho and Allison while Klopp pushed for Mane and VVD 

This is the XI Rodgers sent out vs Madrid ffs

_101740036_liverpool2014.png

Horrible memories you’ve brought back here Ash.😂

That Madrid line up was the final straw for most Liverpool fans.

31 minutes ago, 1759 said:

Horrible memories you’ve brought back here Ash.😂

That Madrid line up was the final straw for most Liverpool fans.

Mignolet still being in goal after we finished second was mine, he was such a weak link it was obvious. I was even furious when Klopp stuck with him, I just couldn't see why but in the end all roads lead to Allison. Karius was an experiment worth taking that nearly worked but Allison is clearly of a much higher standard. He's calm, composed, brave and makes the saves you'd expect a top keeper to save, to think we're only here now due to that worldie save verse Napoli at the death, not to mention he kept us alive last night. It's scary that he looks like he's got alot of room for growth left in him. 

8 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Fancy your chances do you? 

Is Kane back for it?

Not at all, but we’ve had an amazing season regardless. 

11 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Which team had the best comeback this week then?

I'm genuinely more surprised by Spurs tonight than Liverpool last night.

Both were spectacular but I have to say Spurs as they were down and out at HT whereas you always felt Liverpool had a chance after the goal after 5 mins.

23 minutes ago, samhardy said:

I'm genuinely more surprised by Spurs tonight than Liverpool last night.

You gave me shit all week for saying I hadn't given up! 

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

You gave me shit all week for saying I hadn't given up! 

I just enjoy bringing you crashing back down to Earth as you spend a lot of time in an alternative one :P

I’d like to put another nomination forward @Ashez.

On 08/05/2019 at 09:13, Gunners Rishi said:

Wow, Liverpool!

added 0 minutes later

4-0

added 0 minutes later

Liverpool, well done Jesus christ

added 0 minutes later

Incredible

added 0 minutes later

Ajax Vs Liverpool, that’s the dream

5 attempts to get his “point” across!

5 hours ago, samhardy said:

I’d like to put another nomination forward @Ashez.

5 attempts to get his “point” across!

Yeah well I just need one now.

Liverpool Win