Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 What we know about FMH2013 so far

Dec

From what I can tell it seems very likely that FMH13 is going to become 3 separate games...

FMH13 PsP (Essentially FMH11 touched up a bit more)

FMH13 Android (Essentially FMH12 touched up a bit)

FMH13 iOs (The game with the proper updates)

What has led me to this conclusion is the exclusion of multi-leagues in Android, which I still don't get because it you just run the top 2 leagues from Spain, England and Italy, you should (theoretically), use up the same amount of space as a full set of Spanish or English leagues?

Unless the separate legue systems take up too much space or making an alternative for Android users is too much effort (ie. selecting players, etc.)

C,on guys, show us you're better than the average game franchise and that you do really care!!!

FMH Android will be the same as iOS but without multi-league I am sure of it.

Can I just ask do you know anything about Android development or are you just moaning as you don't have a clue but think you do?

I have no clue :P

I was just wondering what difference 6 legue tables from 3 different countries would have to 6 leagues from the same country...

I mean how could it use up more RAM or CPU or anything???

Quite simple really - players. The player database for one nation would be a lot smaller than one for four as more players will be deemed essential. This will increase the RAM as more players will need to be generated with attributes, form etc.

Hank, but I thought that they delet non-essential players (ie. If all leagues under nPower in England and their equivalents in other countries were removed, as well as the players in those teams), wouldn't that result in a similar amount of players to use?

Obviously this is different to current iOS multi-league but at least it asks for less usage, or similar to that of one fully fledged league system as far as form & attribute calculations go...

Also, couldn't they include multi league anyway and just have a message telling you estimated RAM usage for a certain multi-league setup before you confirm/cancel the multi-league setup?

I think that'd be a better solution as it allows those with capable devices to use them to their potential whilst those like me who own older phones can give it a shot and see the lag for themselves before pulling out the battery, rebooting, and then waiting for a new phone before doing multi league.

:P

(I see no purpose is denying owners of an S2 or S3, or a decent tablet the opportunity and FUN of multi league!!!)

Not really as Rafa has proved there's another few thousand players with multi-leagues plus some are essential (e.g. promotions, general buys and national) for non playable as well as playable hence why you see players from non-playable countries too. I would imagine your idea would build up as in England some players in the Championship ie Butland, Zaha would be key so you could imagine the majority of that league would have 10 players per team. 20x10x6 = 1200 extra players to generate alone!

Good point :P

Still they should add it in for the higher-RAM devices on more recent versions of Android because in a way it's penalising Android owners for... Well... Owning a non-Apple device :P...

Because I mean it doesn't hurt to have options there as you don't have to use it if your device can't whilst you should be able to if your device CAN handle it- I quote "earlier versions of Android"

They should put multi leagues in Android for the very reason they gave to not put it in (concentrate mainly on "EARLIER")

:P

Also, why don't they have just a few teams in the next stage down that can be promoted?

It's like that with the Spanish 3rd div, there's just a few empty teams waiting to get promoted, in actual fact, you can start with a 2nd Div team that's virtually EMPTY (Sp. Villanueva, has 1 loaned GK but that hardly counts, Ejido has 2 players)

Perhaps having empty teams instead would help save space as randomly generated players don't have to have records saved on them as opposed to keeping all players (non-first/second) league teams, that is...

Most Android users are still on 2.3 or below so modifying for higher devices would be a waste of time as it will take a lot of time and effort to implement from not only the coders but the QA teams too. As JPlummz said it is an OS issue and as FMH is very large on processing power when over 60-70% have restricted processing then it is a big problem for SI to implement something so massive in terms of expanding processing in order to allow growth still.

I gotcha...

Still, do you think it's possible they'll put multi-leagues on next year's version? Because new phone sales records give an apple vs. Samsung a pretty much 50-50 market share, with Samsung surpassing Apple on an occasion if I'm not mistaken.

This should release a lot more android phones on newer versions, (although, admittedly), the variability of devices causes this issue as 99% could be sales of older, cheaper models...

Still, they can't relegate multi-leaguing for FMH Android as this is a big feature- at the moment the regenning system is even more flawed in the sense that no Spanish clubs will see a regen until about 2015/16 because of the lack of players in top English clubs- In my current Real Madrid save, Man City has pretty much every possible striker...

They've bought some youngsters as well as choking up the new supply of future star strikers/AMs through the regens of:

-Beckham

-Ronaldinho

-Alex

-Trezeguet

-Kewell

-Shevchenko

-Berbatov

-Gerrard

-Riquelme

Don't ask me how they managed that bit yeah...

Lots of talent that'll never flourish (I'm happy using Jese and Morata)

This is just an extreme case of the problems caused without multi leaguing...

Because with multi leaguing you can loan to more clubs, buy youngsters who have had decent game time as well as have competitive continental matches...

Just saying... Multi leaguing has a huge impact on the game despite the extra RAM and removing lower league players and clubs should make room for all the upper leagues and their clubs...

(25x 20 x 6 = 3000 players, add in 1500-2000 players from lower league clubs and then you have yourself a Serie A/B, La Liga/Liga Adelante, EPL/nPowerChampionship setup?)

I mean the non-multi league database for England already has over 5000 players so I don't see how that can't work...

If the majority run on the capped 2.3 OS then there is nothing they can do, SI are having to deal with a fragmented Android market and limited processing caused by OS on the majority of their sales' devices.

No more leagues, surely even if they only sell a handful of copies in Turkey, Russia and the United States your going to sell more copies in the UK because your making a stronger product??? Or is that just my thinking...

My only hope is for Thorgan Hazard to be available on EVERY database combo.

And then I'd love it if Musonda jr would be there as well :)

Still they should add it in for the higher-RAM devices on more recent versions of Android because in a way it's penalising Android owners for... Well... Owning a non-Apple device tongue.gif...

The problem is that the way android apk's are created doesn't give a flexible 'heap' in the way that occurs on iOS devices - that is (simplifying somewhat) they're capped in the amount of memory an individual application can allocate during running at build time.

As such if we want to support earlier Android OS's (ie. over 75% of android devices) we are restricted heavily in the memory we can use - REGARDLESS of the device its running on.

I am investigating if there are practical alternatives available (such as potentially releasing multiple apk's once for uber memory devices, one for older ones) - as such watch this space in the future, but obviously I can't promise anything.