Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 Tom's 4-3-2-1

Lewiitom

This is such a fantastic formation. On my Porto 1KC, we have won straight games for nearly 2 seasons.

It does help that they are all beasts on IT, but this formation (albeit tweaked a tiny bit, but so does everyone) is incredible.

End of.

This formation is amazing! Won league with 4 games to go with liverpool and only bought ben arfa and loaned in yassine benzia who also unlocked loan restrictions for me by winning runner up POY award after scoring 24 league goals as poacher. Suarez won POY. Also beat inter quite easily in euro cup and won capital one cup. Thanks Tom

Hi Tom,

Have you ever gone unbeaten in a league season using this tactic?

It's only because as good a tactic as it is, some matches must go against you surely...

Have you seen my 2000 goal challenge? :P

I would create so many chances that even if their keeper was playing brilliantly, I'd still manage to score.

I'm struggling with this tactic. I'm guessing i have to manually move the players to the correct position?

Leaking loads of goals and can hardly win away from home.

I also have world class players.

I'm currently using this tactic in league 2 and it is proving to be very good.

I did try to buy the right players to fit in each role by using Dec's attributes for each player role information at the start of the season.

Also I have found that if a player in my chosen first 11 is fit then I should play them - I used to rotate quite a bit if a players condition was below 90% but it doesn't seem to matter if they are as low as even 80%.

Unfortunately I cannot comment on how this tactic would work in a higher league but most people say that it is a very good tactic from their experiences.

I'm struggling with this tactic. I'm guessing i have to manually move the players to the correct position?

Leaking loads of goals and can hardly win away from home.

I also have world class players.

What exactly do you mean 'manually move players to the correct position'? Because it obviously wont work if the players are completely out of position.

Yes. I'd imagine the standard 4-3-2-1 is the narrow "christmas tree" version. You need to drag the two AMCs out wide and set the player roles to the correct ones for the tactic.

This tactic is simply brilliant, Tom. Led Derby County to three Premier League titles, a Champions League, 2 FA Cups, and 3 League Cups. Then following season, Arsenal hired me (can't say no to that because I'm a Gunner) and became invincibles for two straight seasons with the European titles in my belt. Awesome. =)

Yes. I'd imagine the standard 4-3-2-1 is the narrow "christmas tree" version. You need to drag the two AMCs out wide and set the player roles to the correct ones for the tactic.

Yes, I done this. Going to stick with the tactic, hopefully my players get a grip of themselves

You're tactic is practically the only one that works for me during 1k challenges. I'll sometimes switch the roles a bit, but it all remains basically the same.

I even use it in my All Star career. Along with your 4-1-2-1-2

Good job

I'm starting to feel like having another crack at the 1,000 goal challenge so I thought I'd give this a go. After a season and a bit with Valencia it's been decent, but not mind-blowing. I'm wondering if I'm going wrong somewhere.

I don't seem to be creating a lot of chances, particularly against 4-4-1-1 and 4-1-3-2, both of which seem to be popular in La Liga.

Do you make any changes to the tactic against certain formations or depending on the strength of your opposition?

Also, just to confirm, the midfield should be DLM - BWM - APM?