Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 Anyone found a 3 man defence tactic which works?

mikeyboy11

I've been trying to find a 3 'at theback' tactic which works in this game. Im thinking maybe a 3-4-1-2 for my ac Milan save but the wide players prefer to be pushed up into the Inside forward roles.

Has anyone had any success with a say 352, 3142 or 3412 tactic??

3 at the back in the postions above, so you have this

Defensive line - RWB LD (space) LWB

So a normal back four but it doesn't have a RCB, then in the DMC line have a BWM infront of the space.

I'm running a 3-4-3 with some success.  About 2/3 through the season.  The main reason I did this was because I have a lot of talent up front and little in the back.  

I use three central defenders usually.

Attacking

Press on

Every time I think I make a good move that can enable me to go to a 4-4-2 someone goes down with an injury. :)

But in the meantime, it has been working well.

Update to above post regarding 343.

Finished season winning Bet South by 20 points.

However, halfway through next season the formation is not as strong.  currently 12th in BET premier.  Even with buying much better goalie.

Ive been experimenting with 3 at the back (CD-BPD-CD) with 4 midfielders and so far having defensive wingers has worked best for me. But the 2xCD need to be fast with good positioning so that they can cover the flanks. Unlike Scott, when Ive tried BPD-CD-BPD, Ive found it to be to leaky and also didn't seem to do that good a job bringing the ball out (particularly if the opposition plays 4-4-2).

The best success I've had is a with CD-LD-CD at the back. With two wing backs then three central midfielders and either one AP and a P or two up front.

I've still not quite got a consistent tactic. The wing backs will be the most crucial players here, always find they get better ratings in the pure wing back role rather in a RB/LB role playing as a wing back.

On Sunday, October 27, 2013 at 15:56, mikeyboy11 said:

I've been trying to find a 3 'at theback' tactic which works in this game. Im thinking maybe a 3-4-1-2 for my ac Milan save but the wide players prefer to be pushed up into the Inside forward roles.

Has anyone had any success with a say 352, 3142 or 3412 tactic??

For A.C. Milan I recomend a 4-2-3-1 as the players are more suited for that formation and with the 3 at the back your strikers won't win the headers provided by the crosses of you wingbacks or wingers unless you bring in someone.

Talking from experience?? as I'm a Milan fan and I've also tried the  3 at the back formation.

Another advice sell Luiz Adriano he has never been good for me in all Milan saves I've tried 

If you check out my challenge (if you can bothered to sift through the millions of pictures...) I have detailed a tactic that works with three at the back its roughly this but the screen shots go into more detail. I've only ever used it with all world class players though...

CB LMD BPD

DW CM DLP DW

AP 

DEF DEF

On 26/05/2016 at 04:34, phila said:

Ive been experimenting with 3 at the back (CD-BPD-CD) with 4 midfielders and so far having defensive wingers has worked best for me. But the 2xCD need to be fast with good positioning so that they can cover the flanks. Unlike Scott, when Ive tried BPD-CD-BPD, Ive found it to be to leaky and also didn't seem to do that good a job bringing the ball out (particularly if the opposition plays 4-4-2).

This was posted in 2013 so I would advise continuing this discussion in a new FMM 2016 thread if you are playing that.

On ‎27‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 04:48, Dec said:

This was posted in 2013 so I would advise continuing this discussion in a new FMM 2016 thread if you are playing that.

Sorry Dec - This article appeared on my screen and I responded without checking the date of the original post