Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Ash And Sam Fail At Becoming The Best In History!

Ashez

Ashez vs SamHardy

Battle To be The Best In History

Season 2

Sam had an extremely solid second season guiding his beloved team back into the Champions League for season three while also lifting the FA Cup, surely i can match this? Let's find out!

Transfers

Acu2jC0.png

I decided to stick with my 433 for the time being as Ayoze wasn't feeling like a natural goal scorer, so in this window i beefed up my squad in the positions i felt i needed. Allen is a player i liked the idea of within my midfield while Ings was a lightning fast striker who i thought would offer me something different to my current options.

Pen9a36.png

You'll be able to notice i also brought two former Sunderland players into the club this window and both were fantastic!

An Interesting Turn Of Events

aX7CTOx.png

Interesting!

V1wnrQ3.png

Stranger things have happened!

zAdD1bn.png

Is it possible?

As you guessed i didn't get the job, some unknown from Bayern did, amateur!

Season Review

After my fifth place finish last year i had earn't the right to play in the Europa League, this means that this season i had a few trophies to go for with the league, both league cups and now a European trophy up for grabs!

The League

After 35 Games

6vyVmXj.png

Have my beloved Liverpool cost me top four?

5xfHubg.png

To say i was gutted is an understatement!

Spurs Burst The Bubble

6G6HYoD.png

The dream gone again for another season! Sam takes this round!

The Final Table

cEucCeV.png

We couldn't even win our last game.......Maybe we were distracted?

The Capital One Cup

nHmavef.png

A memorable victory in the quarter finals but our journey ended in the semi's

The FA Cup

Quarter Final

YjvglgX.png

Another quarter final to be remembered for years to come!

The Semi Final Draw

G8R0EEr.png

Oh this is tasty!

My63Omy.png

Him of all players! Heart breaking stuff for Newcastle!

cvywYk7.png

At least that's something to cheer about :D

The Europa League

Quarter Final Drama!

fyIOUOa.png

Ayoze slaughters Bayern!

7DlEO3k.png

What a cup tie!

The Semi Final

ZnhDUmI.png

Not even Cattermole's and Falcao's best efforts could slow us down! We're going to the final!

The Final

FVQ2gTn.png

Cisse runs riot and we lift the cup!

We have Champions League football next season!

Come on lads!

Season Review

V3KvCtd.png

The Man Of The Hour

Ayoze

Stats

MN96AOE.png

Stamina issues!

Results

5SiHsrx.png

What a season! Not the goal return you'd normally expect but combining it with those assists and Ayoze is really becoming the real deal!

Bh2UJI0.png

Sam managed to lead Wickham to a 52 goal season while i helped Ayoze achieve a season where he was responsible for 58 goals, who had a better season?

I did have more images to share but Imgur is being a pain in the arse so that'll have to do for this update, as always thank you for following and please remember to leave a comment :D

@Lee: He's a fantastic player, a worthy back up for Tiote :)

@BG: Thanks mate :)

@Lil: let's hope so :D

@Scott: Meh :P

Thanks for the comments lads :)

I thought I did class :(, European glory and Ayoze had a mint season :.

When I say Vibe and FMH is all about goals people slag me off for not being realistic, when it comes down to it though you all love the goals more! :P

That's a problem I later encounter, while in a front three he can maintain his fitness fairly well but when I tried to incorporate him into a two up top or lone striker formation he couldn't cope.

The frustrating thing is I think stamina is bugged as I've had various players stats just drop over night and not go back up, his was 10 last season for example and now it's 9. On a Madrid save Kroos, Modric and Isco's stamina all dropped to 4 out of nowhere! Then to make matters worse I've seen Ayoze on other saves with great stamina :(

Connor_wickham_sunderland_manchester_cit

Becoming the best in history - Season 3

After season two this is clearly turning into a very interesting match up, with both of us taking different approaches. I'm using Wickham as a poacher and an out and out striker, whilst Ash is focusing on assists as well as goals for Ayoze. This approach has helped him bag two POTY in a row, and with Champions League football for both of us, this promises to be the most exciting season so far.

The squad

We were quiet in this transfer window as I didn't feel the squad needed any major overhaul. The main signing was the German midfield powerhouse Alexander Wolf, who arrived from Augsburg for £5M. The majority of this transfer window was spent moving players on who had no future at the club as I was quite happy with the squad development. The strongest team of the season:

aAsxQNn.jpg

League

What a performance in the league this year! We started like a house on fire, winning our first 8 league games. From the get go I knew it was going to be us and Chelsea as the main contenders for the title and luckily our league double over them was good enough to take home the title.

w01PokC.jpg

Cups

I 'forgot' to take a screenshot of our 2-1 away defeat to Yeovil in the 3rd round of the Capital One Cup :P... No in all serious it was fairly embarrassing.

However, the FA cup more than makes up for that as we retained our trophy to complete the domestic double. A last minute Wickham winner against Southampton in the semi final got us to the final, where after falling behind Sebastian Coates scored from two successive corners to win us the cup.

QqVsYdY.jpg

Europe

The Champions League didn't get started for us again, another hard draw saw us crash out into the Europa League. No screenshot, but I remember Barca and PSG were in the group and qualified from it. The Europa League run though, was a very enjoyable one, could this be the third trophy of the season and could it also be an unlikely treble?

R/32: Napoli 1-3 Sunderland; Sunderland 2-2 Napoli

R/16: Sunderland 2-0 Porto; Porto 0-0 Sunderland
R/8: Chelsea 2-1 Sunderland; Sunderland 4-1 Chelsea
Semi final: Sunderland 2-1 Juventus; Juventus 0-1 Sunderland

YKYprTJ.jpg

Unbelievable! Sunderland win the treble after a fantastic win over Real Madrid :D

Connor Wickham

A brilliant team performance this season was led by Wickham again, and although not as clinical as last season, he managed to play more games and score the same amount of goals.

OOHYhZ1.jpg
MW2ZQXH.jpg

At the end of this season the England job became available, I applied for it thinking my recent success would be enough to get the job. Apparently not, as I was overlooked for Ian Holloway. Thanks for reading :)