Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

INITIAL thoughts on FMM16!

FastFurious

Hey guys

Just want to put down a few initial thoughts on the newly released FMM16. Would love to hear your initial thoughts below as well!

News Interface

abiQfZd.jpg

Loving the new news interface - everything is much more streamlined and it's now much easier to click through to see who the news item relates to. Also can see a good number of news items on the screen at once unlike FMH15.

Initial verdict: Fans Delighted by News Interface Success!

Player roles

Bekq7tC.jpg

WOEX1Lw.jpg

Something I hadn't seen before. There are now 'role traits' for each player depending on what player roles you give them! This should give much needed extra insights into your tactic and how it will play out.

Reminiscent of FM PC, This looks to be a fantastic addition and I'm really looking forward to experimenting with it!

Initial verdict: SI masterminds giant killing!

Coaches

7kKjtN9.jpg

bLtkAgU.jpg

Not sure how coaches will turn out but initially the new options for coaches such as the ability to offer coaching roles to players, managing staff (even upgrading coaches through 'coaching exams') and placing adverts for staff look very promising

Initial verdict: SI strong favourites against reviews!

Lastly, personally really like the general interface of the game - much improved on FMH15. Also the default background is very nice too!

What are your initial thoughts on FMM16? Would love to hear it below!

Great work, I will reveal I requested a feature and worked on it while working at Sports Interactive and it is in the game,. Hopefully you will find it and review it soon :D.

From what you guys have posted it is looking pretty good so far, although admittedly I think it will take a while to get my head around the new tactical side of things. Obviously I don't want to barter on but I can't give it an official review yet AS ITS NOT UP YET ;). Did I mention that already ha?

1 hour ago, FastFurious said:

Wow that's pretty cool! Could we get a clue?

Sure. Do you like Riddles?

It may not be as exciting as a good final but it sure does its best to cover it.

Nice Dec!

I am growing fonder and fonder of this release already. I think tactics play a much larger result in match outcomes more so than previously releases.

Only playing about with them at the moment but this is what happened when I completely changed my tactics in the 80th minute:

image.jpg

@Condo

For some reason I'm finding FMM really unforgiving with tactics :S

With Augsburg, I'm constantly losing games by 1 or 2 goal margins. Lounging in the relgation zone atm.

@FastFurious

I don't really like the new news interface. Kinda overwhelming, and it takes a long time to scroll through everything, especially when I get reports on all my international players, and also from reports on players in my shortlist. It all adds up and I have all this info to sort through to get to the top :(

But I agree with you on everything else! The coaches are a great addition to the game, and I love how you can become a coach yourself. I'm not sure how they'll actually affect training but I guess we'll see. Player traits are also really interesting! I think they're a really good way of judging a player's ability in certain roles.

3 hours ago, Dec said:

Close enough! Post Match headlines.

image.thumb.png.b70db2546f15bee9e343430f

@Dec, I like this feature but from my limited game time it seems to favour the losing side 90% of the time.

For instance I am playing as Everton and just beat Bournemouth away 3-1. The shots were 5-19 in my favour yet the headline is "Bournemonth miss a hatful"

Surely I missed a hatful?

2 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

@Dec, I like this feature but from my limited game time it seems to favour the losing side 90% of the time.

For instance I am playing as Everton and just beat Bournemouth away 3-1. The shots were 5-19 in my favour yet the headline is "Bournemonth miss a hatful"

Surely I missed a hatful?

@Alari Pass this on to Alex please. Thanks.

I really like the new game but it's raping my phone's battery, mercilessly. I know the G4's battery isn't too strong but I've never seen it run out so quickly before, almost twice as fast as it did with fmh 2015

3 minutes ago, Hodael said:

I really like the new game but it's raping my phone's battery, mercilessly. I know the G4's battery isn't too strong but I've never seen it run out so quickly before, almost twice as fast as it did with fmh 2015

I'm surprised, we would forecast it using less battery than 6.3.1 if any change at all. Will monitor this here.

1 hour ago, Alari said:

Already have something similar under review here.

Just another occurrence I came across was that I just beat Liverpool 3-0 at home. The pre-match info had me as slight favourites. I'm top of the league and Liverpool are 25 points behind me in 7th but the post match comment is "Everton fans celebrate unexpected win"

Surely being top of the league and slight favourites before the game, I would think a home win would be expected not unexpected?

2 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

Just another occurrence I came across was that I just beat Liverpool 3-0 at home. The pre-match info had me as slight favourites. I'm top of the league and Liverpool are 25 points behind me in 7th but the post match comment is "Everton fans celebrate unexpected win"

Surely being top of the league and slight favourites before the game, I would think a home win would be expected not unexpected?

Also already under review

33 minutes ago, VizDesign said:

What does green role trait mean vs a black one?

Green is beneficial to the role, black is neutral/not much influence and red is negative.

Love the new news screen, and the overall interface. I'd still like to be able to find important old messages though, like what ludicrous sum a team wanted for a player in a previous window when they'd turned down by completely reasonable offer!

I really like the in-game tactical options, though I found it hard to figure out how to move from picking right hand free-kick takers to left hand ones. (And they don't seem to know what foot certain players kick with, but that's really being nit picking, so I'll shut up about that.)

I might be imagining it, but there don't seem to be quite so many corners in the game (yay!), though that might just be a first impression.

But all this is first impressions - I think it's a significantly better product than FMH15, and hopefully more absorbing over time - I went off the game for months on end last time because it got very repetitive.

I'm not completely sure about this, but do AI manager's handle coaches too? I've raided various teams for coaches and they haven't rehired any (not that I've noticed anyways)

At the moment it feels a little bugged for.for example the scrolling up and is annoying getting offered prem and champ teams when starting unemployed and loan signings becoming free agents when it falls through. If they can sort that stuff out then it would be amazing.

I've played a grand total of two matches so far, but the enhanced engine is certainly a lot faster than last year (although that may be because I'm playing it on a much more powerful device, of course).

I'm not a huge fan of the new news format - it seems slightly confused and I have difficulty working out which have been read and which haven't.

I like the whole layout it's pretty slick Enhanced is very quick but seems very inconsistent, I already have a great tactic,I thought would take me more than 1 day to achieve a good tactic 

So far all I can say is I am glad of how smoothly it runs (short loading and shotdown times). Still trying to look 'deeper', but I liked -if you understand what I'm saying- that for example one player I was about to buy didn't pass the medical test. Gameplay is exciting.