Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

News FM Mobile 2017 Information - Transfer Update Out Now!

Dec

We'll be checking in every now and then to answer any questions you may have about these new features. Let us know what you think! We're very busy so we might not be able to reply to everything, but bear with us.

Edit: Other small improvements here for more 'hardcore' players https://community.sigames.com/topic/389265-fmm17-new-feature-and-finally/

Edited by Jack Joyce

So it seems this year is basically about staff - scouts and physios, plus a search option. The rest aren't really worth a mention. I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed that we don't get to see any changes, however minor, to tactics at all.

I like the look of the new backroom staff features and think that Brexit could be interesting and I know you get this all the time but is there going to be any announcements based on tactics or engine improvements. On the whole though, I'm really looking forward to playing the new game. cheers

5 minutes ago, PriZe said:

no news on anything tactical / match engine related :(

Bear in mind this is a features announcement. All match engine tweaks/improvements that aren't necessarily a 'new feature' won't be specifically announced. If you look carefully at some of the screenshots you might notice some little things.. ;)

Edited by Jack Joyce
3 minutes ago, Lav50 said:

So nothing about 442 bug, shame, guess this is goodbye SI 

Bug fixes won't be part of a feature announcement, but as we've said before we are constantly putting in many fixes/changes in all areas of the game, including the match engine.

4 minutes ago, Lav50 said:

So nothing about 442 bug, shame, guess this is goodbye SI 

Fixing that issue is not something I would class as a new feature. We've worked in that area this year for sure.

2 minutes ago, HashtagTatica said:

coefficients for clubs and countries are in the game now? hats off (trivial thing but i really like it)

Yes, so now you can see exactly how your country's European coefficient is changing (useful if you're trying to boost a low rep country as part of a challenge, best I could manage was getting Wales to 5th highest, can anyone beat that? :))

probably does not mean anything but i notice on the kaboul screenshot there are 10 tabs for us to go to instead of 9 on fmm16, something new to be added about tactics or something like that?

Just now, Jack Joyce said:

Yes, so now you can see exactly how your country's European coefficient is changing (useful if you're trying to boost a low rep country as part of a challenge, best I could manage was getting Wales to 5th highest, can anyone beat that? :))

oh yes that would help so much :D

Blown away with the features, a massive improvement so well done lads. You've added things I've wanted for years, especially footedness, told only last year it's not possible but here it is :D.

However my issues are with the engine and the tactics. Without that information it's hard to get excited about these things for me personally as the game lives or dies with the engine. 

I hate 2016, no two ways about it, the engine just doesn't appeal to me in anyway. With all this work done I can understand no tactical changes but if the engine still doesn't appeal to me I'm at a crossroads with the series. 

Just now, Ashez said:

Blown away with the features, a massive improvement so well done lads. You've added things I've wanted for years, especially footedness, told only last year it's not possible but here it is :D.

However my issues are with the engine and the tactics. Without that information it's hard to get excited about these things for me personally as the game lives or dies with the engine. 

I hate 2016, no two ways about it, the engine just doesn't appeal to me in anyway. With all this work done I can understand no tactical changes but if the engine still doesn't appeal to me I'm at a crossroads with the series. 

The match engine changes are something that's best left for you guys to see for yourselves. We can only play so many matches, the real test is when all of you guys are playing and giving us feedback (maybe there could be a ME feedback thread on here for release?).

1 minute ago, Scott said:

Have FL/FR positions been removed? not shown in the Kaboul screenshot

No FL/FR positions directly exist in FM, and we now have a more accurate positional system to previous versions (you may have noticed this in the Kaboul screenshot). Don't worry though, you can still use players there if you want.

3 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

The match engine changes are something that's best left for you guys to see for yourselves. We can only play so many matches, the real test is when all of you guys are playing and giving us feedback (maybe there could be a ME feedback thread on here for release?).

Once you have our money? Okay great. 

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

Wait a few days @Ashez before buying and find people on here that you trust to give you honest feedback about the improvements in the engine etc.

2 minutes ago, Ashez said:

There's been many changes/improvements in this area of the game. What I mean is, us telling you 'its better this year' isn't really announcement worthy. Nor can we just say 'its perfect now' since no game has a 'perfect' ME. Proof is in the pudding.

Edited by Jack Joyce
3 minutes ago, Ashez said:

With all this work done I can understand no tactical changes but if the engine still doesn't appeal to me I'm at a crossroads with the series. 

As @Jack Joyce mentioned tweaks etc won't be seen as a new feature. So i hope the engine has improved. However i do not agree with @Ashez for saying you understand that their aren't tactical changes. Because if we can state that FMM is for the mass then by default the wishes of your customers will spread out more. Thus groups screaming for tactical improvement is getting bigger as well.

I understand that with a small team you have to divide the time and effort you can put in too developing, and changes to the engine or tactic feature might be more difficult and time consuming coding wise. But tbh by mainly focussing on features who are a bit more "cosmetic" you risk alienating a large group who also want to see a bit more depth on the tactical part. So for now i don't understand the decision to don't have any new features regarding the engine/tactics. Then again time will tell if something is hidden we don't know yet. Gimme my good working wingers on the EME!!!! :D

We have ideas for some tactics-based announcement-worthy features in the long run however there does need to be a good deal of behind-the-scenes work done to make some of them possible.