Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

News FM Mobile 2017 Information - Transfer Update Out Now!

Dec

1 minute ago, Alari said:

If you want the improved realism you need to accept the match will take a touch longer, otherwise you are free to use the OME and that is why it is still there.

Missing my point completely. Why is com only the same speed as with visuals, if that's the case com only has NO purpose. Hence my point. 

Well the engine blatantly isn't for me then, beyond gutted. 

3 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Missing my point completely. Why is com only the same speed as with visuals, if that's the case com only has NO purpose. Hence my point. 

Well the engine blatantly isn't for me then, beyond gutted. 

The EME requires time to process the match events properly (and as mentioned on the newest iOS devices it is as fast or faster at doing so compared with the OME). You were stating it is slower than with the visuals and we believe this to be no longer the case.

Edited by Alari

The EME requires time to process the match events properly (and as mentioned on the newest devices it is as fast or faster than doing so compared with the OME).

I give up, it's getting silly now. 

Just now, Ashez said:

I give up, it's getting silly now. 

Why is that silly, out of interest? Match events don't process themselves.

4 minutes ago, samhardy said:

So others enjoy watching time wasting highlights like subs running off the pitch?

1. I wasn't referring to that

2. 10 secs of players running off the pitch is nothing  (to me)

Because that doesn't answer my question. What's the point in com only? Why does it exist?

1 minute ago, Dar J said:

That soon adds up to a lot of wasted time though. If I wanted pretty pictures I'd play FIFA. EME has gave FMM a slow death for me, this isn't what FMH stood for. 

5 minutes ago, Dar J said:

It's a lot more than 10 seconds though isn't it, say you play for an hour at a time it drastically builds up. Not to mention that it's only one of the many pointless highlights that exist in the engine.

1 minute ago, samhardy said:

It's a lot more than 10 seconds though isn't it, say you play for an hour at a time it drastically builds up. Not to mention that it's only one of the many pointless highlights that exist in the engine.

Well, you're right 

2 minutes ago, Alari said:

Isn't this just like any game, Champ Man / Football Manager had greater functionality added over time and as such my PC had to be upgraded to cope.

I am not sure what people are complaining about, SI have kept the OME to cater for people who have less powerful devices and created EME for people with better devices who want greater improvements...  I think we should be happy SI cater for all rather than just switching off the OME and making people upgrade!!!

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

Because that doesn't answer my question. What's the point in com only? Why does it exist?

That soon adds up to a lot of wasted time though. If I wanted pretty pictures I'd play FIFA. EME has gave FMM a slow death for me, this isn't what FMH stood for. 

It exists because some people prefer to read the text commentary without highlights flashing up, and they also prefer the more realistically simulated match.

EME was the all-time most requested feature in the game by a massive margin - not necessarily on here but via every single other channel where we get feedback. We aren't taking anything away from you, the OME is still there.

Just now, Alari said:

It exists because some people prefer to read the text commentary without highlights flashing up, and they also prefer the more realistically simulated match.

EME was the all-time most requested feature in the game by a massive margin - not necessarily on here but via every single other channel where we get feedback. We aren't taking anything away from you, the OME is still there.

But the OME is shit, outdated and would mean I'm still playing FMM 2014 which oddly enough was your last decent game. 

So we can't enjoy "realistically simulated" (good joke that) matches because we want a quick text based engine? Your fan base repeatedly requests a 3D engine for crying out loud, that sums up pretty much everything. 

What about international management with South American countries as they were only manageable including brazil into playable leagues. Without the Brazilian leagues, is it not possible to manage South American countries?

But the OME is shit, outdated and would mean I'm still playing FMM 2014 which oddly enough was your last decent game. 

So we can't enjoy "realistically simulated" (good joke that) matches because we want a quick text based engine? Your fan base repeatedly requests a 3D engine for crying out loud, that sums up pretty much everything. 

Isnt that the point of FM Touch?  FMM is for slower devices...  there was a poll on Vibe about how many people use OME and there are quite a few users who do, including me because of my tablet specs.

I think you are expecting FMM to be something it can never be, if it has greater depth and 3D then whats the difference between FMM and FMT!

I would guess thats why there is such a price differential between FMT and FMM

6 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I'm not taking anyone's side here, but if you think the OME is shit, then fair enough. You don't have to play the game with the OME if you don't want to.

Unfortunately, a 3D match engine is a little out of reach at the minute. It would probably slow down devices that aren't quite as high-standard as others. I personally prefer the OME because it means you get a much quicker game, which is what Football Manager Mobile is made for.

9 minutes ago, Ashez said:

If the engine was so bad then why do you consider that the last decent game?

The OME is your quick text based engine that you want. It sacrifices realism for speed to a degree and to have a quick engine on older devices that is a necessary tradeoff. The EME on very fast (whether on comm only setting or pitch) runs as fast as the device can handle. On newer iOS devices it is as fast as the OME.

Edited by Alari
Just now, Robbrown172 said:

All I see on this thread is people moaning and complaining. If I wanted to read a forum full of people complaining, I'd go on Mumsnet.com

people have expectations of the game, we have been disappointed for ages now. I dont necessarily agree with ashez and others but i understand why they complain.

The OME is unbelievably basic and years old. I freaking love the OME but I don't want to play it anymore. The EME is so much better but I don't enjoy it anywhere near as much as the OME and a key point of that is I can't play it how I want to. As in com only via the stats. 

You've both misunderstood the 3D engine comment, IMO that's the last thing FMM needs but it's a popular request from fans. What has happened here. 

1 minute ago, HashtagTatica said:

people have expectations of the game, we have been disappointed for ages now. I dont necessarily agree with ashez and others but i understand why they complain.

Yes, but some of the expectations are a bit high and out of reach. A 3D match engine? That would not work. For most mobiles, it would slow the game down, and the device down. I had PES manager downloaded on my phone, which has a 3D match engine, and had to uninstall it due to it being ridiculously slow.

The OME is unbelievably basic and years old. I freaking love the OME but I don't want to play it anymore. The EME is so much better but I don't enjoy it anywhere near as much as the OME and a key point of that is I can't play it how I want to. As in com only via the stats. 

You've both misunderstood the 3D engine comment, IMO that's the last thing FMM needs but it's a popular request from fans. What has happened here. 

I think maybe what I'm getting at that I might not have clarified quite sufficiently is that very fast commentary only is running as fast as it physically can in the EME. 

Edited by Alari

If the engine was so bad then why do you consider that the last decent game?

The OME is your quick text based engine that you want. It sacrifices realism for speed to a degree and to have a quick engine on older devices that is a necessary tradeoff. The EME on very fast (whether on comm only setting or pitch) runs as fast as the device can handle. On newer iOS devices it is as fast as the OME.

Because it was 3 years ago and new.....

If that was the case it should be upgraded and treated like the EME is. You clearly favour the EME which is a huge problem if you think the OME is a way for people to play the game fast and by stats. Yet the OME isn't based on stats so how the hell are you meant to play that way. 

Just now, Ashez said:

Because it was 3 years ago and new.....

If that was the case it should be upgraded and treated like the EME is. You clearly favour the EME which is a huge problem if you think the OME is a way for people to play the game fast and by stats. Yet the OME isn't based on stats so how the hell are you meant to play that way. 

The OME has largely been pushed as far as it can. I don't know what you expect, if we upgraded it to EME levels of realism it would be the same speed as the EME.

I think there are more users happy with FMM than not, people just dont seem to realise that there are 3 versions for a reason, FM for everything you could want, FMT for the main features streamlined and FMM for mobile users who want a basic version, personally I see FMM in the same manner as Champ Man back in the day with some FM additions...  you need to select the version which contains the options you want.

If you device cannot cope with the higher end games you cannot blame SI, buy a new device or understand the limitations.

Personally cannot wait for the game, yes there are things I would like such as previously mentioned player positions, but thats hardly a game changer.

I think maybe what I'm getting at that I might not have clarified quite sufficiently is that very fast commentary only is running as fast as it physically can in the EME. 

Is it improved on 2016 then? Finally we are getting some where. 

I just want a text based version of the EME. Like FMH always was. 

Anyway what happens now with fans of the OME? Are they just ignored as there is nothing you can do with it? 

Just now, Ashez said:

Is it improved on 2016 then? Finally we are getting some where. 

I just want a text based version of the EME. Like FMH always was. 

Anyway what happens now with fans of the OME? Are they just ignored as there is nothing you can do with it? 

The EME isn't text-based or visuals-based, it is calculation based. The text and visuals are just two different ways of viewing it. The very fast setting runs it as fast as it can go on whichever view. There was a bug that was fixed in 7.2 I believe that caused a slight slowdown in the commentary view. 

Any engine that aims to have any level of realism has to be designed in this way, there really isn't such a thing as the possibility of an engine with comparable levels of realism based on the OME way of doing things.

We will continue to squeeze any future tactical features into the OME but this starts to get quite messy as in terms of the underlying AI it has been taken pretty much as far as it can go.

This conversation is derailing the thread a bit so I'll leave it there. 

16 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I agree about 3D match engine.It is really unneccesary for mobile FM.I love this game more than normal FM because it is basic.Not very complicated like FM.And IMO 3D engine is not really good even in normal FM.

I am really blown away by the announced features today!

With the dynamic europian spots for leagues, I am curious if the new champions league system with england, italy, spain and germany getting 4 spots each is also implemented in the game that will happen after a few seasons.

15 minutes ago, Alari said:

The EME isn't text-based or visuals-based, it is calculation based. The text and visuals are just two different ways of viewing it. The very fast setting runs it as fast as it can go on whichever view. There was a bug that was fixed in 7.2 I believe that caused a slight slowdown in the commentary view. 

Any engine that aims to have any level of realism has to be designed in this way, there really isn't such a thing as the possibility of an engine with comparable levels of realism based on the OME way of doing things.

We will continue to squeeze any future tactical features into the OME but this starts to get quite messy as in terms of the underlying AI it has been taken pretty much as far as it can go.

This conversation is derailing the thread a bit so I'll leave it there. 

Like i tried to an hour or so ago? Once I knew this was going no where I tried to leave it, you asked for more. 

Not gunna lie I saw this issue coming a long way off, I hate 2016's engine and as I'm not encouraged it's changed much I can't see a reason to care for 2017. As I said these features are freaking brilliant. You've all done a smashing job but the key part of the game doesn't get a mention and when it does the comments aren't encouraging. The engine was always the deal breaker to me and many others as that's the point of the game. All today's comments have done is prove to me the way I've always loved and played this game is officially dead. 

The thing is I've spoken to two SI employees about my issues with the engine, one told me how wrong I was for having an opinion, the other was willing to listen and asked to hear more of my views on the subject. Hence why I didn't want to waste my time here as I know where my views will at least be listened to. 

I hope you all enjoy 2017, until I hear any real opinions I'm done, at 1pm I was an instant buyer, not long after I was worried and now I don't care. Being a fan of FMM is some rollercoaster ride of emotions.