Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help AI finishing Vs mine

Could someone explain why I can't score goals in this game anymore?  I won the treble last year,  and I'd like to think I built quite a good squad,  but this year I am having a comparatively terrible year.  

I've read other posts saying that inside forwards,  box to box miss and APs all shoot from long range,  so I don't have any of those and yet I still struggle. About half the time the game decides to annoy me,  the other half I tend to win just fine. 

I attached examples of a variety of such games in addition to my primary tactic at the moment.

Please help before I go insane... 

Thanks 

Screenshot_20170324-113703.png

Screenshot_20170324-114250.png

Screenshot_20170324-114243.png

Screenshot_20170324-100440.png

Screenshot_20170324-095804.png

Screenshot_20170323-171933.png

Looks like the poacher is getting plenty of chances but not good ones due to the lack of creative play. Try switching Alli to an AP or one of the two in the middle to a DLP.

A poacher thrives on through balls and such. Without the creative player in the middle you are denying him better opportunities and he's probably hitting more long distance shots.

I used to use Alli as an AP, but I changed him to a CM because I was having so many long shots from him.  He is my leading scorer though...

I'll try changing Maia back to a DLP,  I don't remember changing him to a CM,  honestly.

Thanks. 

First impressions aren't great, I started Maia as a DLP and after 60 minutes of inefficacy I set Alli to an AP and still unable to score... 

I would've won on away goals if it was 0-0 too... 

Screenshot_20170324-132250.png

The game doesn't know which team is AI and which is the human player apparently.........The AI just seem to rifle more in the top corner from 30 yards, score more corners, take advantage of mistakes more, hit the post less, have to deal with less "super keepers", score from less CCC and so on. If you make a tactic which basically goes one to one with the AI it's hillarious how often they come out on top. 

Yeah,  I'm at a loss,  maybe Embolo isn't the answer at striker,  but he is the best striker I've had,  stat-wise. 

The conceding ridiculous goals is getting old too.  My defense is 5 star across the board and my midfield is no slouch.

This is why I primarily do not play an AMC. I think it's the lack of variety of the roles, because whatever I play at AMC I find that it just diminishes the striker performance.

The only success I ever had with the AMC position is a midfield 3 of IF, AP, DLP. But been then something feels wrong.

You may also have issues with not getting good chances due to slow distribution out of your defence. Try swapping in wing backs to catch the opposition off guard and your team looks pretty young so can buckle under pressure.

8 minutes ago, Dec said:

You may also have issues with not getting good chances due to slow distribution out of your defence. Try swapping in wing backs to catch the opposition off guard and your team looks pretty young so can buckle under pressure.

Hi Dec, what is the good chance?

And AI get the goal with good chance?

14 minutes ago, rseven said:

Hi Dec, what is the good chance?

And AI get the goal with good chance?

A good chance is a shot that is likely to go in so not one with loads of defenders or from long range

I'll try swapping to wing backs,  I just fear getting caught out on my own.  My team is fairly young, though my defenders are all 24+ and experienced so I wouldn't think that would be a problem. 

Well,  a formation change allowed me to beat stoke 4-0 on the last day and snatch the Prem trophy from ManU,  I'm not convinced that form will carry over against sterner opponents though. Maybe I'll pick up a more experienced striker who can play as a CF. 

Screenshot_20170326-092200.png

I always tend to play with a younger team,  and it hasn't been a problem before.  For me at least,  this is a rather experienced squad.  

Gabriel Jesus started for man city and Real Madrid,  so I'd say he is pretty decent for a youngster. 

Screenshot_20170326-190156.png

Seems like a reasonably experienced team indeed. Another detail you could look into is when playing Wingers make sure their best foot is the same side to the flank they're playing on and Inside Forwards should have their best foot opposite to the flank. Footedness makes a difference so maybe check that too.

Yeah,  I'm short on left footed players,  but bergwjin is good with both feet.  I'd like to replace Redmond, and get a left footed winger and defender, but decent ones aren't cheap. 

5 hours ago, OneTouch said:

Same story,  different (more expensive) striker... 

Screenshot_20170326-151033.png

It is better to save your match and post it (pkm file) in the attachment of post.

Let's see the chances are good enough.

ah, I always forget that save function until after I leave the match.  I played this Tottenham game before I saw that comment,  I'm only posting it because I find it particularly egregious. 

I really can't complain though,  after the Tottenham game Jesus has really picked up his form and my team is being less wasteful (not that that's saying much). The tactical tweaks and £100 million striker have allowed me to compensate for my profligacy and the AI's clinical strikes. 

We shall see if it sticks... 

P. S.  I don't think I'll ever get tired of talking about being rescued by Jesus. 

Screenshot_20170326-214023.png

LoopI'm no tactical genius,  but I really don't think I'm this bad.  Across saves,  I'm unable to score and the opposition scores freely, especially in the 41212 formation.

Am I doing something glaringly wrong here?  I've been playing the game for three years,  and previously I'd be able to lead a conference south team like Margate to an unbeaten treble. Now,  my teams can't put the ball in the back of the net,  which I hear is a rather important part of the game. 

Just a few examples of my misery attached below,  along with the formation I resorted to after seeing it used with great success elsewhere. 

Screenshot_20170404-162157.png

Screenshot_20170404-162047.png

Screenshot_20170404-161300.png

Screenshot_20170404-161338.png

Screenshot_20170404-161252.png

Screenshot_20170403-105038.png

Screenshot_20170404-162111.png

Screenshot_20170404-162057.png

Screenshot_20170404-162103.png

Screenshot_20170404-160200.png

Screenshot_20170404-161334.png

Screenshot_20170404-161247.png

Screenshot_20170404-160205.png

Screenshot_20170402-204741.png

In other news,  I haven't a clue how to export saved games out of football manager in order to attach it to my post.  Giving a player like Lewandowski a few CCCs a game and plenty of shots seems like I'm giving him a good supply from the midfield though. 

I dunno, man... Most of these screenshots don't show a lot of CCC being generated (except that one freak game with 4 for Bayern).  You should typically expect at least 1 goal from 2 CCC but most of the time you don't even get there.  Your tactics seem to be very passive for how better your team probably is.  You may be getting a bit unlucky but not unbelievably so.

What's your team mentality?  Is it at least attacking?  In either case, you basically have just a single attacker which won't cut it at the highest levels.  Switch out your midfielders for a BBM/AP or two.  Or make one (or both) of your wingers into AP/IF.  You just gotta get more people into the box.

OK,  maybe I just expect far too much. But you're saying all the shots on target are meaningless if they aren't cccs? 

On Bayern I'm always attacking,  for Roma,  I don't start attacking because I got hit on the counter too often. 

For Bayern, I play Thiago as an AP,  but Roma doesn't have a decent one.  Before I started this post,  I read another one by someone with similar issues.  They said IFs,  APs and BBMs take too many long,  wasteful chances.

It seems like a catch 22 here. Either I start those long shooters and end up with no shots on goals or I don't start them and I have SOGs, but I don't have any clear cut chances.

Shots on target aren't meaningless but they are very unreliable.  Besides, you still have to get open to shoot...  I assume your striker isn't putting up 10-20 shots per game so your other roles are clearly getting shots off.  Wouldn't you rather have the player with the ball in that situation be an AP/IF who is a bit more offensively minded?  Also, APs/BBMs don't take THAT many shots.. 2-3 per game if your possession #s are high which isn't terrible. But really, that's secondary to your main problem.

Basically, you need to figure out how to create more CCCs and that requires weaving through the line of defense to get into the box.  If you only have a single striker who's instructed to get into the box, he'll have no one to work with when he gets the ball.  Personally, I try to have at least 3, but prefer 4-5 as long as I'm not the underdog, of Striker/AP/IF/BBM roles.  You have 1.  That's a tactic for a lower division team designed to hold out and eke out a 1-0 win on the counter.

11 minutes ago, veerus said:

That's a tactic for a lower division team designed to hold out and eke out a 1-0 win on the counter.

Exactly. DLP and BWM are defensive roles, so your midfield is lacking in creativity. Thus you are relying on the wingers to make magic while leaving too much space on the flanks for the opposition to exploit. Just make your centre more ambitious, less pressure on the poor wingers.

Fair enough, I certainly have more experience at lower levels. With Bayern attacking with IFs, APs and WBs is viable. I find that starting out with such an attacking strategy is far more prone to swings of form, but with Bayern the quality of the players shows through. 

With Roma,  the quality is far lower,  and while I can demolish a much smaller team when more attacking,  against a team any where near the ability of mine I get torn apart.  I experienced this when I attempted a challenge with West Ham. 

I feel like I'm dominating games and still not getting the results, but perhaps my perception is off.  I'll get back to the drawing board and stop bothering you with my whining. 

6 hours ago, OneTouch said:

In other news,  I haven't a clue how to export saved games out of football manager in order to attach it to my post.  Giving a player like Lewandowski a few CCCs a game and plenty of shots seems like I'm giving him a good supply from the midfield though. 

What device you use? iOS or Android?

If you play on iOS device, you need ituns to browse the document folder of FMM2017. The saved games are named as "Team name A vs Team name B.pkm". You can export them then upload.

If android device, you can find the pkm file under "Android/data/com.sigames.fmm2017/files/user_data".