Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career BG's 1-season challenges 5/5: DT with Ronni & Messi

Pfft that update came way before Xmas :P

David is still in the race and that's what counts, I have faith in him that's for sure! 

Still catching up to this, but so far it's been good.

I keep wondering why you lot keep trying to complete the insanest challenges. It's like you walk up to a bully and beg him to steal your lunch money.

26 minutes ago, Jens said:

I keep wondering why you lot keep trying to complete the insanest challenges. It's like you walk up to a bully and beg him to steal your lunch money.

Says the man who tried to do a 1k with a midfielder... ! 

Good work Bati, looking like you might fall short I'm confident you'll be able to run it close. 

5 minutes ago, Idol said:

Says the man who tried to do a 1k with a midfielder... ! 

Good work Bati, looking like you might fall short I'm confident you'll be able to run it close. 

I never said anything about being smarter than anyone ;) 

Thanks for the cheers, Vibe men. Means the world to David. Of course we can't place Goliath in goal or sub him hehe! that would defeat the purpose of the challenge, we just must lift our game and hope luck's on our side this time.

34 minutes ago, Jens said:

LOL I wish I had answers for you. Thanks mate!

1 hour ago, Jens said:

Haha that is hilarious!

Hmmm... looks like you might have bitten off more than you can chew by taking on the mighty Lewandowski. Still an incredible effort by a lad none of us had ever heard of before, and intriguing to see how you manipulate the tactics to give the best chance... Come on David, give us a close finish!

Nice, I like what you've done with the tactics, etc, it's given David a real chance. He's still in with a shout and I wouldn't be surprised if this goes down to the wire! ?

10 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

Nice, I like what you've done with the tactics, etc, it's given David a real chance. He's still in with a shout and I wouldn't be surprised if this goes down to the wire! ?

I've just finished the season... ... ... :O

1 minute ago, BatiGoal said:

And David pulled it out of the fire, right? Don't let me down BG! ?

4 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

This is where @BatiGoal thrives, knowing we're all clamoring to know how David did, and he'll tease the update like dangling a chocolate cake in front of a fat kid

48 minutes ago, Taff said:

This is where @BatiGoal thrives, knowing we're all clamoring to know how David did, and he'll tease the update like dangling a chocolate cake in front of a fat kid

Nobody mentioned there was cake ?

Sorry, don't mean to be a tease :) seriously don't but this last update will require an hour or so instead of my regular half an hour. A couple things happened I wasn't expecting nor prepared for. It'll be up before long.

2 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Sorry, don't mean to be a tease :) seriously don't but this last update will require an hour or so instead of my regular half an hour. A couple things happened I wasn't expecting nor prepared for. It'll be up before long.

Lewa decided he wasn't getting enuf games and want out? Bringing down his morale? Meaning low performance? HAHAHAHA

BG's 1-season challenges 3/5

David vs. Goliath

ehVc0Op.png

- The Final Chapter -

Wow..been an emotional ride this one. One of the things we love about playing careers is you never know how something is going to pan out and this one was certainly one of those. Let's get this final update underway.. David stands on 24 goals and Goliath on 28. A solid lead for Lewandowski with just 5 games left to be played, but..and there's a but..there's a few very tough games left as we're nearing the end of the season. Obviously all of those are going to be gifted to Goliath. They include games vs Man City, Arsenal and Dortmund. David will get to play the easier ones and that's all we have for now. We just have to hope that the fixtures list in David's favor can make the difference.

David

E9ILyCT.png

Despite the IT regime and game time I can't make Karamanos look better than this. This is his best he's looked.

Best Games

Spoiler

IToBNjp.png

ixyKdJ9.png

DxWsCkJ.png

Finally some luck on our side. a penalty..a couple late goals, that's exactly what we needed to remain in this challenge. It's not a great final leap but we're putting up a decent fight till the last second.

Final Goal Tally

QSLvHUg.png

David ends this challenge on 31 goals. 31 out of 25 is quite good. But is it enough to defeat Goliath? It's going to be close as Goliath started his last 5 games on 28 goals. So he only needs 3 goals to equal David's and 1 more to defeat us. The way Lewandowski has been performing and scoring I don't see him failing to give us that kiss of death..our only hope lies in the fact that he's facing the toughest opposition yet. It's still possible but it's out of our hands now. We can only watch this unfold..

Goliath

OqQj9FK.png

Looking at his attributes isn't really re-assuring us in any way. Too many greens for my tender eyes..

Best Games

Spoiler

QVhb0py.png

MHzagwp.png

Kmfzcef.png

Arsenal couldn't quite keep him from scoring. A brace brings him on 30. Dortmund nearly kept him dry but Lewandowski did what he's been doing all along..another late goal brings him on equal terms with David with one game left. it's 31-31 and Goliath walks onto the pitch to face Man City. And miraculously it's Robben, Coman, Vidal with the goals which means David completes half the comeback!!!

Final Goal Tally

tYc2crE.png

There it is. Goliath ends on 31 as well. From 24-28 to 31-31, that's just unbelievable. I guess the formation, tactics, and fixtures list slowed the Lewan Train just enough to force a Sudden Death.

Standings

N6rcVZw.png

A tie!

Sudden Death: 1 game at a time will be played until we have a winner.

We're still very much in it. And I'm sure Goliath is feeling the pressure :) Next two games are Augsburg away and Herta at home. Augsburg's been having a slightly better season + it's an away game so we giving this one to Goliath. David will take Herta. With the easier home game for us I'm suddenly as confident as I've ever been. Let's jump to the tie-breaker...

-----Sudden Death-----

Goliath

jqQYS4c.png

Ah, a goal. But it's just one. Goliath is on 32 now. I'm pretty sure we can score vs Herta. A brace brings us victory. An unimaginable victory. Come on David, forget what I ever told you, Mr Shambles, balls dropping on the grass, no hope in a thousand years..forget all of that, let's bring it home.. to Greece.

David

JRUcLoK.png

Ah geez. Impossible to write what I went thru from the 33rd minute onwards. That 2nd goal would bring us a win, and Goliath his defeat. But that goal never came. How painful. A major opportunity slipped thru our fingers. Big shame..

No point in looking back, we need to move on. Next two games are also our lasts of the season. The German Cup final vs Hannover followed by the Champions League final vs Real Madrid. Couldn't be an easier pick. We'll take Hannover, thank you, Madrid will be placed on Goliath's plate. He'll be delighted with that one. We are playing first now tho..

32-32

David - German Cup Final

MPUUqAv.png

1 goal. Not great but not terrible at this point. Definitely hoping for a brace or more but these finals are always tough no matter the opponent. It's 33-32 in our favor now. We're leading but Goliath's got Madrid to play next..

Goliath, CL Final

LkCsL93.png

There it is then. Goliath gave us a glimmer of hope but he destroyed Madrid and smashed a brace in the Spanish goal. He won the CL and he defeated David in this challenge. Not exactly the ending the Biblical version reads but Lewandowski ..apparently.. wants none of it. He won. He won and he probably deserved it with the terrible tactics, tougher opponents etc etc.

Seasonal Goal Tally - David

7YxcIdw.png

The final digits. David gets 33.

Seasonal Goal Tally - Goliath

8QPXteK.png

And Goliath 34.

Winner (Robert Lewandowski) Goliath

8acjPp5.png

Here's the confirmation of the drama. I decided to start a challenge and take on Lewandowski and never regretted it a single second. I took Tasos Karamanos with me and never regretted that too. We lost, but we defied the odds and made it a real challenge. Lewandowski thought it'd be easy but despite beating his much weaker adversary he'll probably not forget that little Greek warrior who despite being outscored put up one hell of a fight till the very end. Looking at the stats these two fighters managed to score a combined 67 goals this season which is a pretty gorgeous tally in itself. Anyways.. we fought and we died, David's defeated and Goliath's victorious. Nothing else to say other than Big Congrats Robert, it was an honour being in a cage with you.

Thank you all very much for the support. Truly means a lot. After two successful challenges in this series I met my first failure at the hands of Goliath. Sorry I couldn't bring this battle home. It was really close in the end but came just short. Cheers for listening everyone. Hope we do a little better in the next one - Challenge 4/5 - and hope you're all here to follow that journey regardless. Thanks guys!!

Oh man! What a way to end, really unlucky but David put up one hell of a fight!

Bati, this career was amazing. You have succeeded in the Communities eyes, take a bow :D

17 minutes ago, mcandrew003 said:

Oh man! What a way to end, really unlucky but David put up one hell of a fight!

Bati, this career was amazing. You have succeeded in the Communities eyes, take a bow :D

Thanks big, mate, we got our matchpoint right at the end but we couldn't convert. It's all about the journey anyway :P

And the King of tension retains his crown taking it all the way to the last game of the season! What an epic finish, it was always going to keep the odds against you being that Goliath was a polish warrior but you and Tasos did yourselves more than proud dude!

Im definitely going to be trying this at some point or maybe just see how many goals I can get with a 10k or under player lol

Bring on epic challenge #4!!

10 minutes ago, Brenty92 said:

And the King of tension retains his crown taking it all the way to the last game of the season! What an epic finish, it was always going to keep the odds against you being that Goliath was a polish warrior but you and Tasos did yourselves more than proud dude!

Im definitely going to be trying this at some point or maybe just see how many goals I can get with a 10k or under player lol

Bring on epic challenge #4!!

Thanks mate. There's actually some real decent players way down near the bottom of the transfer pool. No world-beaters but very nice players for mid-table clubs, maybe starters maybe subs, or lower division teams.

Really hope Challenge 4/5 won't be as stressful for me. Pretty much settled on one already. Up in a day or two :)

Yeah there is tbh, someone called Dmitry Kolovos who I've looked at so many times (just so happens to be Greek and valued at 2k also ?) AMRLC who looks to have some potential lol

Bring it on buddy can't wait, I absolutely love 1 season challenges, unfortunately don't have the patience to search through all this years challenges to find them ? Good luck though mate!

13 hours ago, Jens said:

Everyone wants to be the big dog with everyone else coming up to them ;). Especially that @Taff, he's a right leaderboard hog! :P 

@BatiGoalI rarely swear on the forums and I'm still not going to but **** me that was sensationally written and delivered! I was hanging on every word and even scrolling slowly to make sure I didn't spoil anything! One of the best single updates of the year, without a doubt! Sure the drama of the save helped massively but you pulled it off expertly. As for the results themselves I'm just happy it was close and David stayed within touching distance. 

Bring on the next challenge mate! 

3 hours ago, Ashez said:

@BatiGoalI rarely swear on the forums and I'm still not going to but **** me that was sensationally written and delivered! I was hanging on every word and even scrolling slowly to make sure I didn't spoil anything! One of the best single updates of the year, without a doubt! Sure the drama of the save helped massively but you pulled it off expertly. As for the results themselves I'm just happy it was close and David stayed within touching distance. 

Bring on the next challenge mate! 

Humbled by the kind words, mate.

Always knew I was going to enjoy it myself but wasn't sure Vibe would too. That's always the risk these unusual challenges and careers bring with them. My main worry wasn't so much defeating the beast but making it a contest. Winning it would've been the icing on the cake but we'll have to do without the icing this time. Next one won't be your usual challenge again but it's going to require some outside-the-box thinking again. Fun on paper..and hopefully for you guys as well.

1 hour ago, Real_Random said:

Wow, that was an intense ride right until the end @BatiGoal. Very close indeed. Both player looked amazing and great job. KIU

Thank you so much. Hope people will remember this career next time they hear Tasos Karamanos :)

Disappointed!  Lewa's efforts made it MUCH closer than this challenge had any right to be, even despite the uneven fixture difficulties.  

52 minutes ago, veerus said:

Disappointed!  Lewa's efforts made it MUCH closer than this challenge had any right to be, even despite the uneven fixture difficulties.  

That along with defensive playing style, covering a "providers" role as a DF/DLF, having an AMC strata with zero assisters, no penalties or free kicks, but taking corners which means he's never in the box.. those things took a lot of goals out of him and he still managed well over 1 goal/game. I don't really think Goliath underperformed under those circumstances tbh. 

17 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

That along with defensive playing style, covering a "providers" role as a DF/DLF, having an AMC strata with zero assisters, no penalties or free kicks, but taking corners which means he's never in the box.. those things took a lot of goals out of him and he still managed well over 1 goal/game. I don't really think Goliath underperformed under those circumstances tbh. 

Good point, I forgot you were cheating and playing him as a DLF. :red::laugh: