Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Challenge Cup XI

5 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Shame, it appears everyone is all bantered out ;) 

You are a to easy target, and out of respect for the oldtimers of Vibe we are all giving you and the rodent a pass

Damn just saw my group and I have already prepared my will and treaty for when I get destroyed. If anyone else needs help writing their surrender don't forget to grab a copy of Real_Random's guide to surrendering with success available from PM's and all good Australian shops (or pubs). 

In all seriousness though it has been an honour to be drawn against two Vibe legends and I enjoyed my run to the group stage

2 hours ago, PriZe said:

Rodent's real reaction when seeing his group.... 

4VSv092.jpg

Pretty damn accurate!

Although I think every group combination would have been pretty tough as there are plenty of good players in all seeds!

added 0 minutes later

May the best squirrel win...

21 minutes ago, Risheek said:

Yeah mate. In England it's 8.30. He said mid-day so maybe about 5/6hrs from now. Patience is the key ;) 

Okay, 3 hours left now. Btw are you Singaporean? 

Challenge Cup

Group stage

Hello and welcome to the group stage of Challenge Cup XI, the stage of the competition where things really get going and anything can happen. Since the groups have been announced we've seen banter, tears and premature excuses but it's time to put them to bed as the challenge (no plural) is revealed.

For this stage of the competition we're heading to South-West Europe, and more specifically, Spain. La Liga. Home of some of the best players in world football. But the closest you'll get to them is when you come up against them.

Before the challenge is revealed, let's have a look at which club each group will be taking charge of:

Group A (Taff, Damilare, Brenty92, Krenzar) - Villarreal

h2qdg39za55l1mxhftw5p4i9d.gif&key=f78319

Group B (samhardy, Rocket, Risheek, Dianto Billy Nova) - Valencia

3suj5se5gaqdtqrdrqd2gedaa.gif&key=202fb6

Group C (BatiGoal, anfieldsquirrel, AndersJ) - Celta Vigo

d1ktikkh37h4x9opmggax84ju.gif&key=26c702

Group D (PriZe*, Real_Random, Ashez) - Real Sociedad

e8k432xe04mg17rb0hm7ykujl.gif&key=0d88c7

The challenge will start on the very first day you take charge of the club. Your first task is to completely swap over the first team squad and the reserve squad, so your first team squad is filled with reserves, and vice versa. 

You will now be left with a squad full of inexperienced youngsters and players who are simply surplus to requirements. Just how we like it in the CC! However, you are allowed to select two wildcards from the original first team squad to keep, and you are allowed to make two signings of your choice. That way you are at least putting your own stamp on things.

And that's it. Well, not quite. Remember all those first team players you demoted to the reserves? All season, you'll be indirectly going up against them. However many points you finish above or below your respective B team in their league will be the amount of points added/subtracted to your final score.

Recap - Swap over first team and reserve squads and select two wildcards you wish to keep + make 2 signings of your choice. You are also not permitted to sell any players from the original first team squad that may hinder your B team's season.

League points +/- Goal difference

2 points for every cup round passed (including Europe for Villarreal and Celta Vigo)

2 points for every league position (1st - 20, 2nd - 18, 3rd - 16 etc)

Bonus points

+/- points finished above/below respective B team

Rules:

• All challenges must be played on Enhanced Match Engine (EME).
  • Each challenge comes with a deadline, and each deadline comes with no extensions. No entry -> No points.
  • Every manager must provide evidence using screenshots. As the rule above, No screenshots -> No points.
  • No unlockables and no coaching badges. If suspicions arise, you will be asked to submit your save for inspection.
  • No holidaying, a screenshot of manager profile after each challenge is required.
  • No cheating and no use of any editor at all.
  • Own tactics only.
  • SI approved databases only.
  • No grey players.
  • No player sales from original first team.
  • Load Spain only.
  • Please use the same PM thread as you did in qualifying in order to save PM space.
  • Only two players kept from original squad and only two signings in total.

Screenshots needed:

• League table
  • Cup progress
  • Manager profile
  • Transfers page
  • Squad list in order of appearances

Deadline - Thursday 24th August 11:59PM BST

First team squads you should have after swapping:

Spoiler

Villarreal:

pW1avm8l.jpg

TWnHbrWl.jpg

Valencia:

mp1YyV5l.jpg

wkOMo2Il.jpg

Celta Vigo:

8BptKREl.jpg

upkOZkCl.jpg

Real Sociedad:

9WpHLc0l.jpg

l54h8VJl.jpg

Gorgeous challenge :) nice work! Don't think I have any questions yet.. will re-read in a bit if time permits and hopefully have it done before the weekend.

I'm feeling this one lol

Couple of queries...

Rossi and Jozabed are on loan, it won't give me an option to demote - only to end the loan. Obviously this will weaken the new reserve team, so what is the protocol?

Also players who are in my new first team that were loaned out.. can I recall?

1 minute ago, anfieldsquirrel said:

Couple of queries...

Rossi and Jozabed are on loan, it won't give me an option to demote - only to end the loan. Obviously this will weaken the new reserve team, so what is the protocol?

can you recall? Damn.. it won't let me recall players :(

6 minutes ago, anfieldsquirrel said:

Couple of queries...

If you can't demote then yes end the loan. You are also allowed to recall players if possible :)

7 minutes ago, Risheek said:

I can only promote one player from the B team for Valencia. Taken that all the B players are in the first team.

Do you mean for the wildcards? If so you can swap with two of the reserves, same with the transfers.

The second Sam pitched this concept I was behind it, a wonderful little challenge IMO. Still really CBA to start it though :p. Maybe later haha

2 minutes ago, Taff said:

Can we promote Grey players

Just asking because the Villarreal B team only has 13 players to promote 

No. They have much more than 13 players if you load Spain only

1 minute ago, samhardy said:

No. They have much more than 13 players if you load Spain only

OH OK I loaded multiple leagues so I'll start over (if thats OK haven't done anything yet anyway other than look at the squads)

1 minute ago, Taff said:

OH OK I loaded multiple leagues so I'll start over (if thats OK haven't done anything yet anyway other than look at the squads)

You'll have to, Spain only is in the rules ;)