Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Challenge Cup XI

No need to rush @anfieldsquirrelas long as you hit the deadline. I considered getting this done quicker if the opportunity came about but I won't be in the mood tomorrow night haha. If all is done I might post earlier on the Saturday though, we'll see. 

So what did everyone think of this challenge? Fun/difficulty etc? Compared to last round? 

3 hours ago, Ashez said:

No need to rush @anfieldsquirrel 

Hurry up squirrrel!

3 hours ago, Ashez said:

So what did everyone think of this challenge? Fun/difficulty etc? Compared to last round? 

Group challenge was tougher as we had weaker teams to manage, but I think I enjoyed both equally. This challenge was no saint either tho as I spent a really long time in pre-season trying to get the best Danes in my squad. It was about that all important spine but failed to land the top players. Was surprised no player wanted to join on loan as that was my innitial plan to have an entire team on loan but had to go about it the painful hard way selling my top players for bargain prices and buy those less quality Danes for much more than they're worth. In the end it worked out pretty OK but that was a real challenge forming a competitive squad.

Now let's hope all the hard work paid off.

5 hours ago, Ashez said:

No need to rush @anfieldsquirrelas long as you hit the deadline. I considered getting this done quicker if the opportunity came about but I won't be in the mood tomorrow night haha. If all is done I might post earlier on the Saturday though, we'll see. 

Not in the mood :O leaving us waiting:unamused:

But in regards to your question, i liked it, stresslevel a bit lower. But difficult in it's own way. In the end i always like a challenge where i can spend 80M on my strikers :laugh:

After the last one anything is going to seem easier, but I really enjoyed it and was surprised by the quality of some of the less known Austrians, but my WC played a huge part, and I think I've done well, but the Squirrel could still kick me out of the CC

So here's hoping he's lost his phone ;)

I'm glad you all enjoyed it then, I did expect it to be a easier challenge tbh. I wanted to go really brutal with the nations you were given but I also didn't wanna be an arse and give you players difficult to search for as the set up for the CC is usually the worst part lol. Tbh balancing the challenge was difficult club wise too as I needed you to be able to sign the players while not being OTT and I didn't feel like I had many options. Ideally I'd have picked weaker than Portugal/Holland but with so few players available it was easier to play it safe haha. I'm sure Sam and myself will ramp the difficulty back up for the next round :) 

It was a save you wouldn't normally play and you enjoyed it so I did my job :P 

I agree with what has been said as I loved this challenge, hard but not overly hard. The hardest part was ensuring the squad had depth as I had a great XI but the subs were basic. All in all great challenge 

7 hours ago, Real_Random said:

I agree with what has been said as I loved this challenge, hard but not overly hard. The hardest part was ensuring the squad had depth as I had a great XI but the subs were basic. All in all great challenge 

It speaks! :) not really the talkative type are you RR? :)

3 hours ago, samhardy said:

Where is this squirrel at?

I have him locked in Squirrel jail so I can guarantee a place in the semi finals.

so fair warning to whoever I get next round as I'm happy to resort to kidnapping and enprisonment to win the CC

16 minutes ago, Taff said:

I have him locked in Squirrel jail so I can guarantee a place in the semi finals.

so fair warning to whoever I get next round as I'm happy to resort to kidnapping and enprisonment to win the CC

You need violence to get to the next round? Sad bunny:laugh:

6 hours ago, PriZe said:

It speaks! :) not really the talkative type are you RR? :)

Oh I'll talk I just don't want to start talking about my chances and then learn Sam has crushed me into 1000 pieces.

9 hours ago, PriZe said:

You need violence to get to the next round? Sad bunny:laugh:

Or Clever Bunny?

6 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Oh I'll talk I just don't want to start talking about my chances and then learn Sam has crushed me into 1000 pieces.

I'm sure you've crushed it dude, but seeing @samhardy's results from the last three rounds I wouldn't be too chatty either ?

7 hours ago, Ashez said:

Prediction time?

Everyone wins, because when you compete that's when you show your character and learn how to be better player, it's not about winning it's the taking part

Spoiler

Unless I did crush @anfieldsquirrel in which case "neh neh neh neh" ?

3 hours ago, samhardy said:

Less than 24 hours till we find out our semi-finalists and more importantly whether @anfieldsquirrel has been released...

In the spirit of gamesmanship I'm going to release him 30 minutes before deadline so he has some time to try and complete the challenge 

Still no word from the Squirrel I'm getting worried he might be road kill somewhere near Anfield 

download.jpg.7dfa127efae83b64f03f2cf5b0cdc4cd.jpg

Or maybe he's as shocked as I am that Liverpool spent £40M on Oxlade-Chamberlin

12 minutes ago, Risheek said:

@Taff to get through by default... I don't know if to be happy that I have the chance to beat him in the next round or protest as to how I had to challenge a panda while he had to challenge roadkill...

I'd prefer to get through because I beat him, but If I have to go through then so be it, enjoy the view of the semi finals form you armchair @Risheek

10 minutes ago, Risheek said:

From* ;) I don't have armchair, but you surely can enjoy the view of the finals from yours :P 

You do realise your facing @PriZe the current CC champion and the OKP, I wouldn't get too cocky :D

I've just pitched a potentially extremely brutal challenge to Sam for the next round. One that made me gulp with glee when I wrote it, granted it's difficult on paper and might not be in game but I expect it to be. Now to wait to see if Sam accepts the challenge. 

20 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I've just pitched a potentially extremely brutal challenge to Sam for the next round. One that made me gulp with glee when I wrote it, granted it's difficult on paper and might not be in game but I expect it to be. Now to wait to see if Sam accepts the challenge. 

Hmm.. if he doesn't accept it's because he knows he'll get his rear whooped. :P

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

Hmm.. if he doesn't accept it's because he knows he'll get his rear whooped. :P

His response made it even harder :O 

45 minutes ago, Ashez said:

His response made it even harder :O 

Nice!! :)

added 0 minutes later
43 minutes ago, Risheek said:

Yeah mate, see u there :) I hope you have fun watching the rest if this CC from the sidelines ;) 

You know dutch are lions right...