Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic World Cup 2018

FuddledFox

Apparently they say he has more natural talent than Ronaldo but completely lacks the drive and stuff which makes Ronaldo Ronaldo. 

8 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Apparently they say he has more natural talent than Ronaldo but completely lacks the drive and stuff which makes Ronaldo Ronaldo. 

I remember when he burst onto the scene, people were saying he was the next Ronaldo. Quality player but as you say, lacks that drive that Ronaldo has. Read something on Twitter the other day and it’s absolutely spot on “hard work overcomes talent when talent fails to work hard”

1 minute ago, samhardy said:

I absolutely despise Portugal. Refereeing here is an absolute joke, wonder how much he was bribed with when standing behind that VAR screen.

Hahaha clear penalty, my friend. 

Quaresma has scored some technically quality goals but agreed doesn't have the character to reach worldclass level. 

I remember being really excited about him when Chelsea signed him but I don't recall him ever playing for them lol. Says it all that he's played for Chelsea, Barca and Inter though. 

Pepe, Ronaldo etc - If these are the twats youngsters are idolising growing up then no wonder the game is becoming overrun with divers and play actors. If you need to cheat to scrape past Iran then there's something wrong. Embarrassing.

Portugal are just one of those teams that don’t create many chances but always seem to find a way. In short - jammy bastards

3 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Pepe, Ronaldo etc - If these are the twats youngsters are idolising growing up then no wonder the game is becoming overrun with divers and play actors. If you need to cheat to scrape past Iran then there's something wrong. Embarrassing.

If you seriously believe youngsters idolising the footballer Ronaldo is a bad thing for the sport then there's something very wrong with you, mate 😂 

4 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

If you seriously believe youngsters idolising the footballer Ronaldo is a bad thing for the sport then there's something very wrong with you, mate 😂 

Never said that. It's the things they pick up from him that's the problem.

11 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Never said that. It's the things they pick up from him that's the problem.

Yeah understand what you're saying. 

Terrible game btw.. 

Portugal celebrating a 1-1 draw against Iran as if they've won the tournament is magical.

That game has somehow managed to make this World Cup even worse. Last game I'm watching until England on Thursday.

awful game, VAR has made ref decisions worse, not quite the idea, don't see Portugal getting past Uruguay

Edited by Paul186
6 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Portugal celebrating a 1-1 draw against Iran as if they've won the tournament is magical.

Haha, if that's how you want to put it go ahead. 

Portugal played dreadful as unfortunately many other countries we'd expect to see more from. Quality wise it's been a really poor WC. I definitely see Uruguay as favorites for the next game. We have a few decent players but simply not a great team. We just don't create enough to bring home the points. 

5 minutes ago, samhardy said:

How else could I have put it? :S

No, I like the way you put things. The typical Sam way, keeps us bitching forever 😂 

Just now, BatiGoal said:

No, I like the way you put things. The typical Sam way, keeps us bitching forever 😂 

Oh piss off Bati let’s hope Uruguay do football a favour and send Portugal packing in the next round.

I couldn't quite live with being knocked out by Iran fRoyalfs but by Uruguay I think I can. Empty handed either way but less embarrassing. Having played one good game and two terrible ones I have little hope of progressing tbh. 

Woah...seems i've missed a humdinger here!

Stuck in Mahon aerport for 3 hrs then getting home at half 8 instead of the 5pm it should of been. Missed loads of footy 😭

Were Portugal lucky then??

19 minutes ago, Woody said:

Woah...seems i've missed a humdinger here!

Stuck in Mahon aerport for 3 hrs then getting home at half 8 instead of the 5pm it should of been. Missed loads of footy 😭

W T F?

2 hours ago, Woody said:

Both Iran and Portugal were shit, difference being that we expect something from the latter but zero from the former. William Carvalho is a decent player imo but he really slows down the game. Good passer but too slow where he should be distributing balls forward with a single touch ffs. I'd rather see a player take risks here than just pass backwards to safety ff who knows what. 

We really miss a creative force in midfield today, someone like Rui Costa or Joao Pinto. Every damn game seems a struggle right now whether we play great or terrible opposition. 

Having that said, 🇵🇹 Portugal for the WC win 😂 

I really hope we get to see some good football after the group stages because apart from a rare couple of good games it's been terrible so far imo. A group with Poland, Colombia, Senegal, Japan ffs there's a seeded nation here??? Portugal playing two shit games and scraping thru. Argentina on the verge of going out, Germany could've been out if it wasn't for a late late winner, Brazil a shadow of their former selves, Iran almost qualifying in the last second, Morocco seconds from beating Spain, S. Arabia getting a win,... VAR raising more questions than answering them.. Really shit so far. 

Coffee.. ☺ 

Edited by BatiGoal
9 hours ago, PriZe said:

W T F?

Been in Menorca all week mate....atleast England won both games while i was there so my holiday wasn't ruined. 😆

2 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Very enjoyable match that but I'm gutted for Nigeria!

Wrong decisions again in this match 😤

1 minute ago, samhardy said:

Croatia the only side in this group that deserved to go through over the course of 3 games.

No comments about Messi’s goal? Wow I am shocked 😂

Although not brilliant that was the Argies best game but feel sorry for Nigeria.

Messi goal was class though.

Just now, Woody said:

Although not brilliant that was the Argies best game but feel sorry for Nigeria.

Messi goal was class though.

I struggle to feel sorry for Nigeria given the lack of effort they put into the first game.

Agreed, yet no comments about it here. If Ronaldo had scored that there’d be so much wanking over it here the site would crash.

7 minutes ago, samhardy said:

I struggle to feel sorry for Nigeria given the lack of effort they put into the first game.

Agreed, yet no comments about it here. If Ronaldo had scored that there’d be so much wanking over it here the site would crash.

😂 Messi has been poor this World Cup and apart from the 1st game Ronaldo has been pants too!

So has Suarez, Eriksson and any other big name really.

Most consistant....Kane and probably most of the Mexico side imo. 

This was Messi best game...the goal was top class and deserves the plaudits he gets.