Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Nucleus’s Three Kings of Paris - A Triple Threat [COMPLETED]

Nucleus

The Final Update

Right, let’s have a look at how the lads got on..

707B6E91-EC8C-454A-984D-507E14A4A714.thumb.png.3756711eb737922d2420a3caaf8cb3da.png

One of my favourite players this year. He’s absolutely outdone himself time and time again. The most well rounded card I think I’ve ever seen too.

Spoiler

3A6D3494-405A-4FC5-9A5C-A2B3A44F7126.thumb.png.f0c13b33b557301eaa759eb8b2afdcb7.png

20 goals in 20 games from him this season. Which brings his total goals tally up to 541. Great return, nearly a goal per game ratio.

935016F0-85D1-4D1D-BB6A-AC4CC21AA227.thumb.png.78e80ef5e0cc0d6f02563166fec52788.png

Another one of my favourite players, I actually can’t wait to use him in a future career, because he’s a must buy in anyone’s in my opinion.

Spoiler

9E7B837A-3000-4356-85EA-69A172C98588.thumb.png.f7b083959eefd572d038c3d076a0857a.png

12 goals in 20 games from him. That brings his total up to 397. 397+541=938. Kylian needs 562 career goals to complete the challenge.

EBF9CB5B-FAAE-4938-B38D-E348E2475509.thumb.png.83707cf87d97850c3246a4887dc7666f.png

This is the only reason why I won’t be going further with this career. An injury earlier on has well and truly ruined his stamina and I can only play him for 65-70 minutes per game. Other than that he’s my favourite striker in the game this year hands down.

Spoiler

DB64828F-DF6B-44FC-84F5-E7EE7F818AE4.thumb.png.5a35f76997e9f5b6e6438ee8234f52bd.png

There we have it, 562 career goals under my management brings the complete total to 1,500 goals, along with a combined 699 assists!

Well guys what a ride it’s been, the holy trinity has been completed. 1KC, DT and a TT all completed by myself which I never thought I’d be able to accomplish. Thank you guys for reading, I will be posting a final update with the tactics, and players I bought etc. in the near future. @danovic78 could you please add my name to the TT leaderboards please, thank you 🙏🏻 

Yeah...well done fella.

Shame about the injuries 'n' all that but to complete 3 challenges in one career is an amazing thing to do.

Seriously though, there should be a leaderboard for who completes the most challenges 😂

9 minutes ago, Woody said:

to complete 3 challenges in one career is an amazing thing to do.

I didn’t do it all in one career 😂 they’ve all been separate attempts lol. Thanks for the kind words though! 😉

Awesome stuff! All the treads with Ajer ...I’m going to have to finally use him as a TM in my next triple threat challenge 👍 guy is a legend 😂 

Will you be posting your tactics now man? 😜 I don’t want to just copy what you did but looking for tips with this challenge as keep failing it badly.

7 minutes ago, LenTheWelsh said:

Awesome stuff! All the treads with Ajer ...I’m going to have to finally use him as a TM in my next triple threat challenge 👍 guy is a legend 😂 

Will you be posting your tactics now man? 😜 I don’t want to just copy what you did but looking for tips with this challenge as keep failing it badly.

Will post a write up on tactics soon, I’m currently off work for a week so I really just want to spend some time with my daughter and put FMM down for a while. I’m actually suffering from FMM burnout 😂

40 minutes ago, NucleusNT said:

I didn’t do it all in one career 😂 they’ve all been separate attempts lol. Thanks for the kind words though! 😉

Doh!.. i've read through so many threads today i'm losing track 😂

Sorry dude!! 

3 hours ago, NucleusNT said:

Will post a write up on tactics soon, I’m currently off work for a week so I really just want to spend some time with my daughter and put FMM down for a while. I’m actually suffering from FMM burnout 😂

lol why are you spending all day on here then? It would take a minute or so to post your tactics.

im starting to think no ones posting their used tactics coz they know they’ll soon get found out 😂😜

12 minutes ago, LenTheWelsh said:

lol why are you spending all day on here then? It would take a minute or so to post your tactics.

im starting to think no ones posting their used tactics coz they know they’ll soon get found out 😂😜

I said I’m putting FMM down, not Vibe. I’d rather do one detailed write up that includes all the formations I’ve used, along with the players I’ve bought and any other details that I may add. A write up like that can take some time. If you’re really struggling for tactics there’s a really helpful tactics index right here on the site that may be of some help to you.

Ok I take it back then. My bad there mate 😜 

I’m not struggling for a winning tactic as I can make them but finding one that works for the triple threat challenge seems so hard. I’ve tried all the 3 up front tactics from that guide but none of them are great. As someone who’s obsessively played FM and CM before that for over 20 years I’m finding it hard to see how you guys are consistently gets these massive numbers. I’ve literally spent the last 3 weeks testing out loads of different set ups and can’t get close to some of these figures. What am I missing? Used to think I was a bit of a FM pro but feeling like a bit of a novice atm 😂🤔😭

16 minutes ago, LenTheWelsh said:

Ok I take it back then. My bad there mate 😜 

I’m not struggling for a winning tactic as I can make them but finding one that works for the triple threat challenge seems so hard. I’ve tried all the 3 up front tactics from that guide but none of them are great. As someone who’s obsessively played FM and CM before that for over 20 years I’m finding it hard to see how you guys are consistently gets these massive numbers. I’ve literally spent the last 3 weeks testing out loads of different set ups and can’t get close to some of these figures. What am I missing? Used to think I was a bit of a FM pro but feeling like a bit of a novice atm 😂🤔😭

My tactic would work just fine with the right players ;) and it's shared as I already did 2 challenges with it ;)

22 minutes ago, Titjes said:

My tactic would work just fine with the right players ;) and it's shared as I already did 2 challenges with it ;)

Do you mean this one? 

It wins for sure but I found it struggles against the bigger team in the CL and doesn’t give you anywhere near a goal per game with your front 3. I tried it with Celtic first and romped the league but kept getting knocked out of CL in first or second round and goals per game was around 1 in 2. I also tried it with PSG with a stupidly good team with very similar results. And finally how on Earth do you get 60 games per season from a front man in this formation. My strikers (and the rest of the team except CB and GK) can’t manage 2 games a week on this formation. Unless you start subbing all 3 at 60 mins every game but that comes with its own difficulties.

added 0 minutes later

Oops forgot link lol

I used 2 full teams with wc players and IT training ;) and had 2 backup strikers ;)

In my alphabet challenge I managed to get some seasons with around 130 goals or so between my 3 strikers, which isn't bad imo :)

Edited by Titjes
9 minutes ago, Titjes said:

I used 2 full teams with wc players and IT training ;) and had 2 backup strikers ;)

In my alphabet challenge I managed to get some seasons with around 130 goals or so between my 3 strikers, which isn't bad imo :)

Not bad?! It’s bloody brilliant ...but I don’t think it helps with doing the triple threat challenge. How would you get 60 games and goals each per season with 3 strikers with that? 

Just now, LenTheWelsh said:

Not bad?! It’s bloody brilliant ...but I don’t think it helps with doing the triple threat challenge. How would you get 60 games and goals each per season with 3 strikers with that? 

Let me find some players and some time with the vibe olympics coming up, then I will do a TT career ;) Then I can find out :P

1 minute ago, Titjes said:

Let me find some players and some time with the vibe olympics coming up, then I will do a TT career ;) Then I can find out :P

Haha yeah sorry I’m getting a bit frustrated with the game. I’m not used to being a total failure 😂😜 And sorry @NucleusNT didn mean to hijack your thread mate 👍

Career Breakdown

Hey guys, so I’m just going to talk you through some of the things I tried during this career. I’ll go through the formations I’ve used, and also the players who played a key part in this career.

Formations

So I’ve used 3 different formations during the whole of the career depending on the type of matchup we had. I had my main formation which I started each and every season with.

32C05A21-0627-4DCB-A724-2FFDC216A127.thumb.png.95bdfab189ae5444caf1076b67a2b2c0.png

So yeah it’s just a simple 3-4-3 formation. The strikers roles I did vary, but I settled on this as the one I had most success with. This is the formation I used in probably 90% of all the games I played.

Next up is the formation I used against ‘weaker’ sides (French national teams etc.)

1CEEF1D5-6FB6-4770-8AC8-6BC62B964C89.thumb.png.c9069d4966aeaa75b42aca4e156beae9.png 

I had some success using this formation although I didn’t dare use it in the big European games or the tough domestic ones. I did use it sparingly in the league against the weaker sides. It’s getting a load of attacking players in the squad and simply outscoring the opponent.

And finally the third formation is one I used very little but I’ll show it to you guys anyway as it did provide a decent amount of goals, it was just slightly too leaky and didn’t justify itself compared to the first two.

3DD42845-0C33-4EA2-A3D9-C5CA1CB58AC0.thumb.png.3c3857c7bbf60eecc43ee50bdea238c8.png

Instructions

Please note these instructions are simply the ones I started a match with and I did change instructions ingame fairly often depending on the situation.

Shape

DFCEB48A-BFF8-4793-A377-BBC372FF375D.thumb.png.5779e59689b4bff39bfff3bea653bce1.png

So I always started on attacking as the whole point of the challenge is to score goals. I’d sometimes drop it down to control in a tough away game or when playing against a team that was tough to break down. I feel like having it on ‘control’ draws out the opposition, leaving space for the front three to operate in.

Defensive Instructions 

253D77E9-BBC5-4576-8FC9-D93E8271A7F1.thumb.png.bb2234e31f48ad03242ac5c22d20ba92.png

Nothing really special. Didn’t play a high line as i felt I would get caught out on the break. No offside trap as my defenders all had plenty of pace to track back if anyone did get in behind. Committed tackling I’ve always been a fan of, especially if you have players with good decisions.

Attacking Instructions

17FA8D28-214E-4194-B276-0A9858B2117A.thumb.png.a01f624bbea980d833f0adf8eaa4db62.png

These I never really tampered with ingame. I’ve always like having ‘work into box’ on as it limits the goals your midfielders score by forcing them to effectively play in the midfield until the opportunity arises for your strikers. ‘Run at defence’ I like using against teams that sit back, and this year most teams do! So that sort of speaks for itself. I like to use short passing usually, but with a target man in the side I felt like ‘mixed’ would get the most out of him, it clearly worked as Ajer had a cracking career for us. 

Like I said, Instructions are changed in game depending on situation. It takes seconds to look at what your opponent is doing in game and adjust accordingly.

Players

Ill quickly run through some of the players who were key components in this career. I’ve always been a fan of players who can play in multiple posistions, it gives me so much more freedom ingame if anything needed changing.

D4D1E189-40D8-46CD-B1F2-75316DE1E224.thumb.png.8ed28207f38f9f123ddfd5fb7b03707e.png

Upamecano, Could play anywhere between CB and CM and had the attributes to play there too. Great player this year.

3221374B-7565-4872-BC3B-2401AA45A890.thumb.png.fe5d7b885530daaadb6130f60bf91746.png

Thomas Lemar, could play anywhere in midfield along with being able to play as a WB or FB which proved beneficial in the later years.

8763D6B5-3585-434C-86A2-9599E3D6C5AD.thumb.png.bf3a6d1f0d5016c9e82f3549eff98669.png

TFM, an absolute all rounder. Can play anywhere along the back line and natural in a CM or CDM posistion, could play any role to great effect.

58BBA83C-194A-45B2-95BE-73EE11F61219.thumb.png.f3918e60afcb1b4dfc6f49092371ab00.png

Joshua Kimmich, the most versatile in the squad, could play anywhere along the right side and everywhere bar striker through the centre. I’ve used in many roles including BPD,BBM,CM,APM and as a winger and he’s never let me down.

6CF22147-B6D2-435B-94BA-D8F6736750C6.thumb.png.74bbf23e3080b07157849634106f3737.png

Tah, another all rounder who could play in certain key positions very effectively.

E50FA173-9B84-4D3C-8E61-CDF8EFA47DA4.thumb.png.850511b44379e8177535ffed58fdfd17.png

And finally, Marquinhos. The captain of the team, he was ever present at CB, but also had a stint as our Right WB and again he did a decent job there.

So that’s all lads. Thanks for reading, and I hope you all join me in my future endeavours here on Vibe! 

Just like Taff I haven't commented nearly as much as I should on this but great work with these 3 lads.

Really interesting piece as well looking behind the scenes at your thought process in taking this challenge on.

Just now, Foxy said:

Just like Taff I haven't commented nearly as much as I should on this but great work with these 3 lads.

Can't go anywhere without Foxy jumping on the Bandwagon 😂

23 minutes ago, Taff said:

Fantastic career mate, sorry I've been laxs with the comments but I have been following and you did a great job

6 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Really interesting piece as well looking behind the scenes at your thought process in taking this challenge on.

No apology needed lads, I’m guilty of doing the same to some people! 😂

Awesome career breakdown mate 👍 I enjoyed reading that and it’s given me things to think about for my next epic fail 😂 

Just out of curiosity, what kind of training did you use? Especially Upamecano & Marquinho, you’ve raised their aerial ability nice. I usually avoid them 2 coz aerial is 14 and I’m not sure what’s best to raise it.

5 minutes ago, LenTheWelsh said:

Awesome career breakdown mate 👍 I enjoyed reading that and it’s given me things to think about for my next epic fail 😂 

Just out of curiosity, what kind of training did you use? Especially Upamecano & Marquinho, you’ve raised their aerial ability nice. I usually avoid them 2 coz aerial is 14 and I’m not sure what’s best to raise it.

Thanks mate

7C1B33DD-FEA5-478B-8249-E4A7249BC4F4.thumb.png.a94d097896ec473751d9bf30a57a84c2.png

This was the defending training I was using, although it wasn’t  this intensive to begin with. I’d suggest to start off with intensive,medium,medium,none,intensive,light. And then once they’re at their peak physical up the tactics to intensive, gives them that little bit more. Saying this, I have no idea how aerial is trained, I’d assume it’s a physical stat in some way but not too sure  on this.