Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Non contract reserve players

Do any of you guys ever offer contracts to the greyed out non contract players in your reserve squad? 

I did with this guy coz I had an injury crisis, needed a back up and didn’t use him and after a couple of seasons knocking around doing nothing then I recalled him from his first loan move because of another injury crisis and after 15 games for me this is what he’s about. Pretty damn nice if you ask me, especially considering he was a fairly rubbish 2 star potential when I first gave home a contract 😀

EB15D484-5E8D-4EC0-8346-428C9819C743.png

54FF1F01-EAF7-4F9E-BD9D-81DDE8F856AC.png

I think it’s possible that regens appear in the reserves sometimes. I think I got Rooney’s regen one time. He looks ace by the way!

Edited by NucleusNT

I can`t really say that I understand this game but one thing I know: The game AI respects the CA/PA more than those green stats.

Green player like this guy with 2 CA is a lower league player.

Green player like this guy with 4.5 - 5 CA is a GOD walking among mere mortals.

1 hour ago, NucleusNT said:

I think it’s possible that regens appear in the reserves sometimes. I think I got Rooney’s regen one time. He looks ace by the way!

D’you know I didn’t even realise they could become good 😂 

28 minutes ago, M00re said:

I can`t really say that I understand this game but one thing I know: The game AI respects the CA/PA more than those green stats.

Green player like this guy with 2 CA is a lower league player.

Green player like this guy with 4.5 - 5 CA is a GOD walking among mere mortals.

I’m not sure you’re right. He’s already become a 4star potential and has had a pretty good season playing well (8 rating) in the cup final and champions league final. I’m predicting he’ll be my new number 1 RB and future English international 😜

86262A5A-4C11-437A-A457-6E998931BEDD.png

I'm not sure if they're regens as such but they are based off real players in the database iirc. 

If you're referring to the CA/PA of the scouts that means little as that's based on many factors like your current squads ability. The scouts don't show a players true ability but the editors do iirc, unfortunately I don't use any of these features so my memory is rusty. I base all my signings on the players stats and it's never done me any harm, however the players true CA/PA will always determine how good they are/become. 

I promote them on a regular basis. I’ve found that players with 3.5 stars and occasionally 3 stars go on to be very good players so I always promote a few and see what happens. Some of my best players have come from the reserves.

I did it a lot in one FMM2017 save and found most of them were useless (attributes okay but performance not that good). The one time I got an excellent batch was when I ran out of players due to ITN fixtures (I had like 6 players available so had to promote a lot).

I've never been sure if that was a coincidence or whether the game boosted the PA of those I signed when I really needed players.

I do this once a season as a youth intake as such. You general don't get that many in your youth in youth intakes. 

It is also a good way to make a bit of money sometimes in the lower leagues if you can sell then in even for a few £100.

You can also find the odd gem. 

I feel a challenge coming on

I did it more often in FMM2017, I once build a team that was all promoted players and won every single competition. Took me about 6 or 7 seasons. Many of them became 'world class' according to my coaches. But guess it's because they are winning everything and playing so well.

Couldnt replicate that on FMM2018 though.. sad..